• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:47 AM

Tired of hollow mushies? And Low dry weight?
Give cold fruiting a try. It will slow down your grow a lil but it's worth it.

Way back when I was a lad and it was straight p.f tek all the way there was a debate raging across the boards about "cold shocking your jars" basicly putting them in the fridge for a few days before birthing. It was as we all know today to be wrong and unneeded for a good flush. BUT and it's a big one it was noticed that the cold shocked mushies grew a lil more solid.
Fast forward 25 years and way past p.f tek. We have a need for speed now a days and we have streamlined and tested and optimized the growing cycle of our lil friends. I urge anyone who fruits in a warm closet or incu or any way that's over room temp to do a side by side grow to compare. Try fruiting at 68 to 70 F I have done it myself with great results. I had solid stipes and as a surprise bonus they bruised almost black showing a possible potency increase due to the I creased time it took to grow. I have a picture in my gallery of a cut stipe from a aa+ cold fruiting grow I did and it's a thing of beauty. IMAG0264.jpg.0cc52a6425401d3e9867eb9b30a54617.jpg
Here I found it.
I know correlation don't mean causation but I was givin this tip by a truly great grower and it worked for me I hope it can help someone else someday.

Edited by Fungi2b, 11 February 2020 - 01:49 AM.

• makinbones69, Nicked and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 179 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:00 AM

Will be interesting to see how things go during winter here and if there is any noticeable difference. Makes logical sense...

• Fungi2b likes this

#3 Stencill86

Stencill86

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 139 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:36 AM

I’ve also noticed a pretty big difference now that Ive been fruiting at those temps. My basement is nice and cool compared to all of my last set ups, and my fruits are much denser. I’ve always soaked my subs in super cold water when I dunk, but I was actually thinking about putting one of my tubs in the garage for 24hrs in between flushes,to see if I can get a better pinset on a second flush. it’s about 35-40F out there
  • Fungi2b likes this

#4 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:49 AM

Wow! Wait a second...

You "use to be a lad"? How much was the conversion operation (asking for a friend of mine)

Oh, and I agree. The cooler the fruiting temps the denser the fruits will be.

Edited by FunG, 11 February 2020 - 07:49 AM.

• Fungi2b likes this

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,913 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:58 AM

Way back when I was a lad and it was straight p.f tek all the way there was a debate raging across the boards about "cold shocking your jars" basicly putting them in the fridge for a few days before birthing. It was as we all know today to be wrong and unneeded for a good flush. BUT and it's a big one it was noticed that the cold shocked mushies grew a lil more solid.
Fast forward 25 years and way past p.f tek. We have a need for speed now a days and we have streamlined and tested and optimized the growing cycle of our lil friends. I urge anyone who fruits in a warm closet or incu or any way that's over room temp to do a side by side grow to compare. Try fruiting at 68 to 70 F I have done it myself with great results. I had solid stipes and as a surprise bonus they bruised almost black showing a possible potency increase due to the I creased time it took to grow. I have a picture in my gallery of a cut stipe from a aa+ cold fruiting grow I did and it's a thing of beauty.

Here I found it.
I know correlation don't mean causation but I was givin this tip by a truly great grower and it worked for me I hope it can help someone else someday.&&0){for(var>
)throw>

I try to fruit at sub 70f for as much of the year as possible... 65-68f right now but in the summer, temps will climb into the low 70s...

Fruits are definitely denser but I don't know that I agree with the suggestion that they are stronger. I think that if you compared potency gram to gram, you would find that they are equally potent. If you were to compare to similarly sized mushrooms, you would find that what was eaten from the colder fruiting room would be stronger but that mushroom would also be significantly heavier... They bruise more because there is farm more flesh... More flesh = more bruising...

#6 Fungi2b

Fungi2b

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:08 PM

Wow! Wait a second...
You "use to be a lad"? How much was the conversion operation (asking for a friend of mine)
Oh, and I agree. The cooler the fruiting temps the denser the fruits will be.

Fast forward 25 years and way past p.f tek. We have a need for speed now a days and we have streamlined and tested and optimized the growing cycle of our lil friends. I urge anyone who fruits in a warm closet or incu or any way that's over room temp to do a side by side grow to compare. Try fruiting at 68 to 70 F I have done it myself with great results. I had solid stipes and as a surprise bonus they bruised almost black showing a possible potency increase due to the I creased time it took to grow. I have a picture in my gallery of a cut stipe from a aa+ cold fruiting grow I did and it's a thing of beauty.

Here I found it.
I know correlation don't mean causation but I was givin this tip by a truly great grower and it worked for me I hope it can help someone else someday.&&0){for(var>
)throw>

I try to fruit at sub 70f for as much of the year as possible... 65-68f right now but in the summer, temps will climb into the low 70s...

Fruits are definitely denser but I don't know that I agree with the suggestion that they are stronger. I think that if you compared potency gram to gram, you would find that they are equally potent. If you were to compare to similarly sized mushrooms, you would find that what was eaten from the colder fruiting room would be stronger but that mushroom would also be significantly heavier... They bruise more because there is farm more flesh... More flesh = more bruising...

@funG it was very cheap and easy due to cubes making me ghay first, I'm surprised you don't know that cubes make you ghay. ;) I ment when I was young for all you literal ppl out there. A few high school buddies and I used to do p.f tek in high school (the 90s). Then we all graduated and got on with life, skip ahead to 2 yrs ago and I start back up only to realize everything has changed so much.

@pjammer24 i dunno if i fully agree with you this time man, i feel the more active chems the faster and darker the reaction. I wish I had a side by side of the cut stems, I feel that grow was stronger cause I dose by dry weight not shroom by shroom. There may be other factors at play tho such as substrain choice and prob more I can't think off the top of my head atm. So I guess it's back to the lab to prep for a side by side with a cloned substrain.

#7 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:09 PM

Here I found it.
)throw>

Wouldn't more flesh equal more magic?

Edit: nevermind gram per gram were talkin.

Edited by Dabluebonic, 12 February 2020 - 06:10 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!