• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jrotten

Jrotten

Rejecter of False Authority

• Gold VIP
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:38 PM

I did some all in one jars for multispore. I prepared a straw/manure sub, filled quart jars half full, added an inch of prepped WBS on top of that and then PC’d. I then inoculated the jars with a vendor syringe. Jars are finishing now. Tonight shook two jars and put each in a small Tupperware. I’ve never tried anything like this.

For people that do this with bags or jars, what’s your method for loading the trays? I assumed that the best thing to do was disturb the sub as little as possible, but that leaves things a bit unpolished. I’m not sure if I should just mash them down or break them up like spawn and let them recover?

What I did with these two was be as gentle as possible except for some big clumps of grain and then mist them before putting the lids on the Tupperware to reconsolidate/recover. This is my first straw and get seemed a tad dry. I have 3 jars left to do in the coming days and I’m feeling a bit hesitant. I’d REALLY like to finally get a Pan to fruit finally.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

What's the purpose of loading a substrate such as horse manure/straw in the same jar as your spawn if that specific substrate is ment to be pasteurized, not sterilized.

Also I've seen a all in one grow bag done this way but that's a grow bag intended to invitro fruit, you dont empty them into trays. By spawning the jars you're defeating the purpose of a sterilized jar of substrate, its quite counter-productive and a mind boggling approach.

#3 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:10 PM

I’ve never had pans not contaminate while colonizing sub which may have had to do with syringes I was using but I decided to try this. It allowed me to germinate and spawn all together with very quick results. I’ve seen it mentioned in other pan grows. It worked well to this point. Jars were inoculated ms 14 days ago. If I can make this last part work it’s definitely a quick easy way to get there.

Attached Thumbnails

• AB8B0E76-91B7-4451-B631-40C3D8D8E78C.jpeg
  • CAA2DFE1-1AF3-4A48-9965-B0F4FD19A2B6.jpeg

#4 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,740 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 02:11 PM

Pans take a lot more FAE's than cubes. 

#5 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

Pans take a lot more FAE's than cubes. 

Yeah, I've been dialing in the FC for that.  I can keep 95%RH at 77-80 degrees with a full FAE every 10 minutes.  I just need healthy trays to put in there right now to test it out.  Cubes have exploded.  I have my first straw/manure tray in there and it looks about ready to pin.  I'll compost the majority of what I grow regardless so I'm experimenting trying to find my way for my particular set up and challenges.  I had massive water damage to the house so half my things are packed up and the rest I'm trying to mitigate water damage while we fight the insurance company so I'm working on ways to grow that minimize contamination and don't need my flowhood.

I went ahead and did two with minimal disturbance and three with a total breakdown like I was spawning.  My thinking is that so long as the myc is still healthy and aggressive which it seems to be, they should recover well and be more contam resistant than just doing a straight G2B.  I'll let them sit at 75 in their trays and monitor and if/when they look ready case them lightly and stick them in the FC.  I'd be happy with fruits I can print for now.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!