23 replies to this topic

#21 sandman

sandman

Lil Skeeter

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,738 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:29 PM

I have absolutely seen stumps contaminate. Always contaminate by the 3rd flush when I cut. A blue-green mold of some kind always grows on them, every single time, off the stumps. No potency problem though, I'm sure someone already said that. 

• pastyoureyes and 2shrooms like this

#22 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 552 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:41 PM

So do you think it's rare to get mush growing on stumps? I never saw it but I'm not a "cutter".

I really dont know, most of the time i clean my cakes/subs of all fruits so i dont have a large sample size. When i did cut the second flush fruits showed up in places other than the stumps left behind.
  • 2shrooms likes this

#23 Ripples

Ripples

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 12 February 2020 - 11:10 PM

Its is said that blueing doesn't indicate potency and that's pretty clear in a general perspective. Like when you pick fresh cubes and put them in a ziplock baggie, them in your pocket to take over to your homies pad. Three days later you remember and they are so bruise and gooey that they turned black. Yeah or when you put freshies in a tub of Damprid without fan drying first. When you you sanitize a stem to take a sample and wipe it with ISO alcohol. Yada yada right there are lots of ways to stress the shrooms or mycelium of psilocybe to turn blue right?

I think there is something to be said about blueing on shroom or mycelium that turn blue without these stress factors. You know the ones that are completely happy and healthy? The ones that turn blue when you look at them funny or turn on the wrong music to play for them. Tell me that there is not a correlation to potency and blueing in such low stress factors? There is plenty of experiences that I have had that give me any eye to spot some potent mushies by the way they blue. Not that different from the experiences that give me they ability to look at an LC to tell that its clean. There is something about the potent mushroom that blue a certain way that does indicate potency. Maybe the higher content starts oxidizing due to the quantity vs the stress? Cmon tell me it ain't so?

#24 2shrooms

2shrooms

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

I have absolutely seen stumps contaminate. Always contaminate by the 3rd flush when I cut. A blue-green mold of some kind always grows on them, every single time, off the stumps. No potency problem though, I'm sure someone already said that.

Have you been able to gain a fourth flush from said substrates despite the mold? I would really like to know what kind of mold that is. Maybe someone has an explanation for that? Probably safer to clear the substrate of any residue for the next flush..?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!