• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:35 PM

How does one do so? Are there places to buy, like we buy spore syringes, prints etc. any and all info is appreciated. Thanks

#2 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:05 PM

I think you can become a VIP and get access to topia's marketplace.

H o w e v e r ...

I got my farm started looking up regional geeks who sell cacti.

When you know exactly what you want you will get everything.

There are professionals out there with greenhouses who sell.

The key is you know what you want.

Then you ask for instance for Peyotillo (pelecyphora asseliformis) and you will get it.

A good way to start is getting a cutting of San Pedro (Echinopsis pachanoi).

Some sellers prepare it with rooting hormone.

Put it on some purnice, lava, or vermiculite. Do not water it for a couple of weeks.

After a while you will see some roots coming out, mostly from the sides.

Then begin spraying every 2 days carefully and pot it. 

That's the way I got my scop done (Echinopsis scopulicola).

#3 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

I think you can become a VIP and get access to topia's marketplace.

H o w e v e r ...

I got my farm started looking up regional geeks who sell cacti.
When you know exactly what you want you will get everything.

There are professionals out there with greenhouses who sell.
The key is you know what you want.

Then you ask for instance for Peyotillo (pelecyphora asseliformis) and you will get it.

A good way to start is getting a cutting of San Pedro (Echinopsis pachanoi).
Some sellers prepare it with rooting hormone.

Put it on some purnice, lava, or vermiculite. Do not water it for a couple of weeks.
After a while you will see some roots coming out, mostly from the sides.
Then begin spraying every 2 days carefully and pot it.

That's the way I got my scop done (Echinopsis scopulicola).

Does one become VIP by time and posts?

#4 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 03:21 PM

Are there some that you would start with rather then others?

#5 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:03 PM

VIP member you can become by making a donation. PM coorsmikey, best tell him straightforward what you want to do.

I have made my application this week, long waiting list, he's very busy.

Peyote (lophophora williamsii) is not a good place to start with (in the U.S.A.).

You can grow them from seeds of course.

San Pedro (Echinopsis panachoi) is the most easy to get.

Echinopsis bridgesii good grafting stock I'm not sure about mescalin content.

Peruvian Torch (Echinopsis peruviana). Said to be the most potent.

Or the spineless (Echinopsis Scopulicola).

Cuttings of these are the most convenient way to start with, IMO.

There are also ethnocacti of which I got an assortment. But mescaline content is minimal, I collect them for the ancient lore.

The longer you have them the more they tell you what they need. You serve them, they serve you. Good to have these helpful spirits around!

• Fungi2b likes this

#6 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:23 PM

ShareTheSeeds is an active seed trading/sharing site where active cacti get traded.

You will hear of many different named Trichocereus cacti that are reputed for potency. If your hobby is rolling naked in money but you are willing to give that hobby up for cacti, you can buy all of those named cacti :wink:

If you are more practical then you can do what I did and buy one or two named ones and then grow crosses from known-good parents from seed. If you graft a seedling to pereskiopsis you can basically grow it in a bucket of liquid tomato fertilizer for their first year before degrafting, callousing, rooting, and carefully hardening off.

By this method you can get enough cacti to eventually give you all the mescaline you can consume for the price of one single good clone. Particularly if you trade off half of any seed you buy with someone else who is doing the same.

If you buy seed not from named parents, bridgesii is almost a sure bet to get you strong cactus. Most pachanoi and peruvianus seed is mislabeled or a mixture of random things. But, to be fair, my best macrogonus grew from a commercial peruvianus seed packet. I also grew a useless chiloensis and several cuzcoensis from the same packet :laugh:

Be Aware that different cacti have different characteristics. My highest yielding columnar cactus genetic group produces loads of alkaloid, but its speedy and not very visual. I have fistfulls of the stuff and its best use is to take 1/10th of a dose with coffee when I want 8 hours of stimulation and appetite suppression. My european predominant scopulicola, however, is like 1/5th as strong but its like making love to a rainbow.

Avoid the 'backberg' clone aka. 'PC clone' or pachanot. Its the most common horticultural clone and has a saw-tooth look from the side.

Some names of known good parents to get hybrid seeds of are as follows:

SS01

SS02

Torres y Torres

Kimnach

Psycho0

Eileen

N1

J3

Juul's Giant

Lumberjackus

Kimura's Giant is the speedy one I mentioned, not to be confused with Kimura's Spiny Giant which I haven't tried

Osprey

RS0004

Huancabamba is a bloodline, not a clone, but I've seen it in hybrids, don't confuse with huancoensis which is of uncertain potency

Yowie

Ogun

I have to have my cacti indoors and dormant 7 months a year and I still produce more mescaline than I can use, other than a TBM and a scopulicola all my cacti came from seed. Mostly from known parents.

• Skywatcher, ItBeBasidia and Alpoehi like this

#7 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:43 PM

Most pachanoi and peruvianus seed is mislabeled or a mixture of random things. But, to be fair, my best macrogonus grew from a commercial peruvianus seed packet. I also grew a useless chiloensis and several cuzcoensis from the same packet :laugh:

Glad to have you here Elrik,

it can happen you buy seeds and get some sort of hybrid out of it, not what you wanted in the first place.

That's because the bees or bugs ot bats flew all over the place bringing pollen from another plant to the plant the seeds came from.

I guess only hand-pollinated seeds are worth the effort growing them.

So far I know only one public source of hand-pollinated seeds, and that's zed240 on Ebay.

And the others you recommended of course.

#8 Auxin

Auxin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

Commercial seed packet mixes are not really an issue of cross pollination, its how the seeds were collected.

Karel Knise was the greatest driving force behind this for decades. He would send out scouts to regions to collect fruits from 'any large cacti' or 'any small cacti' and these mixtures of fruits would be given a locational identifier, like KK3364, and sold according to what he guessed might be a common cactus in the group. Now, keep in mind, after 20 years very well stored cactus seed can still have viability high enough to ethically sell. These KK selections are still being sold, and other seed collectors are using similar collection strategies.

Add to that the fact that your average south american laborer cant tell a cuzcoensis from a peruvianus and you have a recipe for one hell of a mess.

This is why bridgesii seed are almost always true. Where they grow there are few other cacti that even look remotely like them.

Misplant.net also sells hand pollinated hybrid seed of actives, ornamentals, and crosses between the two.

SacredSucculents does, as well.

#9 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:30 PM

ShareTheSeeds is an active seed trading/sharing site where active cacti get traded.
You will hear of many different named Trichocereus cacti that are reputed for potency. If your hobby is rolling naked in money but you are willing to give that hobby up for cacti, you can buy all of those named cacti :wink:
If you are more practical then you can do what I did and buy one or two named ones and then grow crosses from known-good parents from seed. If you graft a seedling to pereskiopsis you can basically grow it in a bucket of liquid tomato fertilizer for their first year before degrafting, callousing, rooting, and carefully hardening off.
By this method you can get enough cacti to eventually give you all the mescaline you can consume for the price of one single good clone. Particularly if you trade off half of any seed you buy with someone else who is doing the same.
If you buy seed not from named parents, bridgesii is almost a sure bet to get you strong cactus. Most pachanoi and peruvianus seed is mislabeled or a mixture of random things. But, to be fair, my best macrogonus grew from a commercial peruvianus seed packet. I also grew a useless chiloensis and several cuzcoensis from the same packet :laugh:
Be Aware that different cacti have different characteristics. My highest yielding columnar cactus genetic group produces loads of alkaloid, but its speedy and not very visual. I have fistfulls of the stuff and its best use is to take 1/10th of a dose with coffee when I want 8 hours of stimulation and appetite suppression. My european predominant scopulicola, however, is like 1/5th as strong but its like making love to a rainbow.
Avoid the 'backberg' clone aka. 'PC clone' or pachanot. Its the most common horticultural clone and has a saw-tooth look from the side.
Some names of known good parents to get hybrid seeds of are as follows:
SS01
SS02
Torres y Torres
Kimnach
Psycho0
Eileen
N1
J3
Juul's Giant
Lumberjackus
Kimura's Giant is the speedy one I mentioned, not to be confused with Kimura's Spiny Giant which I haven't tried
Osprey
RS0004
Huancabamba is a bloodline, not a clone, but I've seen it in hybrids, don't confuse with huancoensis which is of uncertain potency
Yowie
Ogun

I have to have my cacti indoors and dormant 7 months a year and I still produce more mescaline than I can use, other than a TBM and a scopulicola all my cacti came from seed. Mostly from known parents.

Shit seems like I need to watch some videos or read something. 1/8th of that made sense while the names and pronunciations it felt like in was back in Kazakhstan trying to, I don’t know trying to not have my head explode. haha. Just like anything else you have to slither before you crawl, crawl before you walk etc etc. thanks for the info def copy/paste to paper so I can read again.
  • ElrikEriksson likes this

#10 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 109 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:20 PM

Hey bud,

Misplant is great! I'd say get a load of seeds of some true Pach's and Bridgesii's and start them. Save some for grafting projects and use the others for the long run grow on their original roots. Boebs has some brilliant examples of fast growth on oppuntia root stock over in the "what did you do to your cacti today" thread. Try and score a pereskiopsis cutting too.

As for cuttings, check out Mallachts plants, jiimz nursery, COCAC, and local/online cactus clubs, and browse craigslist every once and awhile.

With grafting, you could have a garden of decent size and length within 2 years from seed.

Also, if you are in the EU or UK, you have way more sources for cuttings

Edited by ItBeBasidia, 13 February 2020 - 08:33 PM.

• Boebs and Alpoehi like this

#11 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:30 AM

1/8th of that made sense while the names and pronunciations it felt like in was back in Kazakhstan trying to, I don’t know trying to not have my head explode

See, this is why your teachers were always saying "you'll need to know this stuff someday". They knew you'd be Makin' Drugz! :tongue:

Electrical engineering, chemistry, math, biology, botanical latin, spanish, agronomy, anthropology, machine shop.

Heck, you wouldn't believe how many times I've used trigonometry to make drugs.

When I was hardcore into pharmahuasca and I finally realized I could get even higher if I had bothered to learn differential calculus I almost cried.

Anybody can buy an eighth, it only gets badass when people cant honestly tell if your making drugs or an experimental aircraft!

Google the "takeaway tek" to get cactus seed started, google pereskiopsis grafting if you want to save loads of time. Most grafting info will say peyote, just use a stick to hold them up when you do trichs instead.

Also read about drugs obsessively, preferably when sober.

You'll get it.

And don't forget, Sine of angle A = opposite/hypotenuse.

#12 Choices

Choices

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:56 AM

Thank you for all that. I find myself often telling myself why did I wait to grow hydroponically. But i
Did start by asking questions watching others and using common sense. There’s a show Hamiltons Pharmacopeia and one of the episodes he goes to the Andes and sits with the village shaman. And they were San Pedro’s was pretty cool.

#13 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

1/8th of that made sense while the names and pronunciations it felt like in was back in Kazakhstan trying to, I don’t know trying to not have my head explode

See, this is why your teachers were always saying "you'll need to know this stuff someday". They knew you'd be Makin' Drugz! :tongue:
Electrical engineering, chemistry, math, biology, botanical latin, spanish, agronomy, anthropology, machine shop.
Heck, you wouldn't believe how many times I've used trigonometry to make drugs.
When I was hardcore into pharmahuasca and I finally realized I could get even higher if I had bothered to learn differential calculus I almost cried.
Anybody can buy an eighth, it only gets badass when people cant honestly tell if your making drugs or an experimental aircraft!

Google the "takeaway tek" to get cactus seed started, google pereskiopsis grafting if you want to save loads of time. Most grafting info will say peyote, just use a stick to hold them up when you do trichs instead.
Also read about drugs obsessively, preferably when sober.
You'll get it.

And don't forget, Sine of angle A = opposite/hypotenuse.

SOH
CAH
TOA

That's all i remember

#14 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:57 AM

Ordered genuine peruvian torch seeds from zed. Two peotes survived in my first attempt, 15 brigselii in my 2nd attemp.

I feel ready for the good stuff!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!