2190 replies to this topic

#2181 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,031 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2022 - 02:18 PM

Glad to know you're still out there my friend. Good to see you around.

Thanks for the link to the video.

#2182 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2022 - 09:35 PM

It's good to see you're still kicking Alder, I sincerely hope you've been, and continue to be well.   Though it would be nicer (IMO) if you actually said something for yourself, as opposed to just giving us a link to 2+hr video from a website known for being rather vague about their content policies and allows hatred, incitement, conspiracies, propaganda and substitution of science or fact with falsities. (direct quote from trustpilot.com)

Odysee is a breading ground for right-wing extremist content and it's fans.  It's not really the people I ever excepted to see you aligning with.  You know, not really the tree spiking, nature loving kind of crowd, but I guess politics makes strange bedfellows.

Edited by Juthro, 31 July 2022 - 09:41 PM.

• shiftingshadows and RiseUp like this

#2183 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 10:12 AM

in reference to the posts of. July 10 & 18

"No evidence that depression is caused by low serotonin levels, finds comprehensive review

Date:   July 20, 2022
Source:    University College London
Summary:
    After decades of study, there remains no clear evidence that serotonin levels or serotonin activity are responsible for depression, according to a major review of prior research. "

article here

https://www.scienced...20720080145.htm

#2184 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2022 - 01:06 PM

"hatred, incitement, conspiracies, propaganda and substitution of science or fact" is sort of where we are in 2022 ... it's really just a matter of personal perspective IMO.

For example, I "followed the science" as proscribed and mandated by my current employer, got vaxxed and double boosted.  Now I'm in quarantine with my THIRD bout of fucking Covid-19. 

The shots make me feel like shit for two days.  The Covid makes me feel like shit anywhere from three to six days.  Remember back when the vax would prevent you from getting or transmitting Ye Olde Rona?  Well, that was 'the science,' and I can tell you from personal experience that it's 100% bullshit.  The media doesn't even mention the term 'breakthrough cases' anymore ... I wonder why that is?  Because the shots simply don't work.  And the idea - spread by many lib and conservative 'news' outlets that Omicron or whatever current variant is roaming around - presents like a common cold is ALSO bullshit.  Covid locks me to the couch.  The only thing that enables me to get off said couch is the stash of painkillers I keep locked in the safe for such purposes.  And good luck getting any treatment for myocarditis, long covid, etc.  The establishment doesn't even admit or hardly know about these very real side effects.

Five day quarantine and then you're back to work with a mask for five more days and all is well - you're done.  Well ... that's more bullshit. 

I really, really wanted to believe.  Maybe if I were POTUS I'd get some real treatment, but in the meantime, I've found that regular ingestion of hallucinogenic mushrooms to be the only thing that beats down the deep-seated cynicism I feel about this whole goddamn mess.  And maybe there's some other health benefits, but ... damn. 

On a separate but somewhat related note, the serotonin studies are ... interesting as well.  Morphine doesn't cure pain, but it sure as hell makes it tolerable, so we've got another chicken/egg paradigm with SSRI meds. They're saying after 30+ years of shoving Prozac, etc., down peep's throats that it actually doesn't fucking WORK? 

That's what following the science gets you, because the science is inherently flawed.  God forbid a doctor tells a patient that s/he maybe needs to exercise regularly, eat good fud, lose some weight, stop staring at your glowing rectangle and get into the sunlight and DO SOMETHING. 

Healthcare and the capitalist system are not good bedfellows, as common sense goes to the wayside, and we get the Sackler family murdering millions of people with zero actual repercussions.  Don't even get me started on Pfizer's phistory of also killing pfeople for pfrofit.

My heart literally aches for America.

Rant Complete.  I'm off to drain these grains, much love to all,

:)

soliver

• Myc and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#2185 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 03:36 PM

Sorry for the shit you've been thru.

the book on the SSRI meds dates back to 2010

"The Emperor's New Drugs: Exploding the Antidepressant Myth" --2010
Irving Kirsch Ph.D.

Dr. John Campbell
seems one of the few voices giving balanced views
such as these:

Vaccine adverse events, German data
Aug 3, 2022

Pfizer, illegal exploitation
Aug 1, 2022

The illusion of evidence based medicine
Mar 26, 2022

Kyle's vaccine injury update
May 10, 2022

etc.

• Soliver likes this

#2186 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:06 PM

Dr. Campbell is a fantastic voice in an echo-chamber of bs.  Naturally, I trust him because he's old, balding, and has a British accent, but his arguments are all data based and I've not seen a single legit take-down of his analyses.

Makes me wonder if - before I become one with the dirt - the medical field will look back at current cancer treatments and say "wait - we injected kids with nuclear waste to cure cancer? Why didn't they just ________? "

Weird.  I avoid doctors whenever possible ... they rarely tell me what I want to hear.

Thanks for the links and feedback, I'm doing ok thanks to the meds I grow in my felony-closet,

soliver

#2187 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2022 - 04:27 PM

Always good to see you Soliver :) 

Sorry to hear you got COVID again. I recently got over my second bout, but unlike the first round this time only laid me up for about 3 days or so.  That's considerably nicer then the first time (early 2020) which almost put me in the hospital.   

Was the second bout less severe because I had my two shots, and a booster?  Has the virus mutated in to a less severe version, or was it my own natural immunity to having the virus once before?  I don't pretend to know, but I feel like I've given myself the best odds of not succumbing to the virus by getting the shots, though I know that there are no guarantees in life except that it will end one day.  Science is imperfect, of that there is no doubt, but in my humble opinion they are the best bet we got going at this time.

Best wishes to you, and yours.

• Soliver likes this

#2188 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2022 - 10:25 PM

Juthro!  Good times!  Always nice to hear from old fiends  :)

I had the 'rona in 2020 - the OG virus - my wife got it or got it from me (?) - she had wicked back pain and was tired AF for several days.  I didn't feel jack squat, but was still quarantined for 28 days ... ah, the good 'ol !

Got the shots and boosters, then picked up my 2nd round in January '22 and it laid me out for a week and seriously 'bout killed me.  This last bout was just three days of similar symptoms but much shorter duration.  I dunno.  My January round was just two months after my second booster.

I'm no scientologist, but I think it's fair to say the vax certainly didn't protect me.  Who knows.  Everyone has to make their own decisions based on available reliable media and personal experience.  I trusted the media, but from here on out I'm depending on my own experiences.  I personally know/knew five people in my (very small / rural) community who died from the virus, and they all had co-morbidity issues that would have gotten them sooner or later - obesity being the common denominator across the board.

Moving forward, I'll be continuing to stay in shape, eat well, avoid restaurant food, be active, etc., which is - IMO - the only reason I'm still standing after all this mess.

To me, the vaccine is like a very uncomfortable bullet proof vest that only works on Tuesday and Thursday, every other Sunday and definitely doesn't protect if you get a shot to the face.  I understand that's not a popular perspective in some circles, but I've 'done my own research' = gotten Covid three times, so ... I dunno. 

What I know for certain is that the promises of the vaccine lifting us from this illness was absolutely incorrect, which make me wonder about lots of other claims.

"That's the day I'll throw my drugs away - when they find a cure for pain." 

Not there yet, but still have high hopes, much love,

soliver

• Myc, Juthro and tuftygrasses like this

#2189 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 08:49 AM

Weird.  I avoid doctors whenever possible ... they rarely tell me what I want to hear.

Mostly they just create huge medical bills

cleaned up my diet, and got off 'their' damn blood pressure pills

but the rest of me continues to deteriorate, as I'm past my expiration date.

Looking for a story plot to hook me into thinking somethings at stake,

for awhile longer, 'before I become one with the dirt'  as well.

Edited by shiftingshadows, 12 August 2022 - 08:50 AM.

• Soliver, riseabovethought and Juthro like this

#2190 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 06:40 PM

I've had a similar experience @soliver
The original strain was a day in the house with muscular pain.
I wasnt in a rush for the vaccines. As front line staff we where told "we'll be the Guinea pigs" so would get them before the old or vulnerable.

The pressure on us in the wait and see group was intense. Tearful HR meetings and the majority looking down to you for letting everyone down.

I got vaccinated in the second covid winter because staffing was shocking and the vaccinated could come back to work quicker. I week after I did this the bar was raised and to be able to resume work sooner than unvaccinated you had to get another. At that point I decided I was out. I had a nucleocapsid antibody response from the infection right near the beginning so had a degree of protection without any vaccine antibody.

I have never to this day disclosed my status and remain on the HR blacklist. I hope someone in HR who has to do the admin for this list feels by now uncomfortable about going along with all that weirdness.

I got omicron or whatever version it was this year and it was a miserable flu, chest infection and cold hybrid. I was delighted to have a positive test while there was still a requirement to stay off work....and I strung that shit out for nearly two weeks!

I was a covid 0 person in the beginning, thought some where using opportunities to increase thier wealth and power in the middle and now wonder if the unprecedented measures where mostly to make politicians look like they could make a difference against the tide of nature.

I worked my arse off and have a better life for doing so. Occasionally I recall that fragmenting time and shudder. I remind myself to stop asking "what was that?!" And just enjoy things for myself each day.

Edited by tuftygrasses, 23 August 2022 - 06:44 PM.

#2191 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,030 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2022 - 10:55 AM

At an hour and a quarter, there is not much wasted time, and if you tune out, you miss a lot.  This guy, Ed Dowd, was with Blackrock for years, and Dr. Mercola has been ahead of the curve since the start of COVID and was a holistic doctor going in.  Both here fathom quite well the other's specialty.  I hope you can make the time to hear this. This is a dense big picture discussion:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!