2171 replies to this topic

#61 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:13 AM

Neither this virus, nor AIDS, "escaped" a lab.  Both were put into populations.  AIDS with a Central Africa vaccinations program, and this one most likely by players unknown (but I can guess), not likely Chinese players.     Just a hunch based on having been watching (and that's not teevee) for a long time.

You present this with a lot more oomph than a "hunch" indicates. Have any links/books to share?

Edited by August West, 20 February 2020 - 02:02 AM.

• roscoe likes this

#62 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,081 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:55 AM

I think it sweet-talked its way out of the lab and right into our hearts.

• onediadem, KunLong and newmoon like this

#63 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:05 AM

Neither this virus, nor AIDS, "escaped" a lab.  Both were put into populations.  AIDS with a Central Africa vaccinations program, and this one most likely by players unknown (but I can guess), not likely Chinese players.     Just a hunch based on having been watching (and that's not teevee) for a long

I was just trying to say that neither explanation the governments give for these viruses add up.

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#64 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

By 1962, the Pentagon employed 40 full-time geneticists.

http://spitfirelist....emic-or-weapon/

http://spitfirelist....rclip-and-aids/

http://spitfirelist....rfare-and-aids/

Edited by Alder Logs, 20 February 2020 - 01:41 PM.

#65 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

I'm familiar with Emory's work. It's obviously compelling but still speculation. One problem with it to me (from memory anyway) is that, to my understanding, no one has ever proved that HIV causes AIDS. And Emory takes this for granted.  This came to my attention while traveling in Guatemala (of course), as I happened upon a free copy of Kerry Mullis', Dancing Naked In The Mindfield, (incidentally, Mullis won the Nobel Prize for creating the polymerase chain reaction which vastly expanded the ability to study DNA). I don't know if his claim is still accurate but up until publication, HIV leads to AIDS was just accepted speculation...incorrectly in Mullis' mind.

On another aside, I heard Emory within the last year and he sounds decidedly less compelling than he used to. At least on the topic he was discussing at the time.

#66 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

One can choose to add Emory's information to their consideration or not.   Even if we don't know one way or the other, and we don't, eventually enough coincidences add up to shifting where we place much of our doubts.

• coorsmikey likes this

#67 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,387 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:24 PM

If you load your vape pen with bleach, I can guarantee you'll never catch the CoronaVirus.

Population control would be easier with 0.0% down incentives on motorcycles - while I don't put it past any mega-oligarchy to introduce these pathogens to the general public, there's easier ways for sure . . . nature makes her (his? shim?) own biological controls much better than we can; Occam's razor would suggest that this is just a natural event; the truth may be more nefarious, but people die of 'natural' causes every few seconds.  Sometimes shit happens without human intervention - call it God, call it Nature, call it whatever you want ... human nature is to look for human blame.

I be Noah was rollin' on the arc, thinking "Fucking Government and their Goddamn Floods!"

I'm off to buy paper masks to save me from the virus-opocalypse ...

:)

soliver

• onediadem, TVCasualty, coorsmikey and 7 others like this

#68 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

One can choose to add Emory's information to their consideration or not.   Even if we don't know one way or the other, and we don't, eventually enough coincidences add up to shifting where we place much of our doubts.

Indeed. And a truly informed opinion would also include equal study of the other theories of the origins.

• roscoe likes this

#69 KunLong

KunLong

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

I think it sweet-talked its way out of the lab and right into our hearts.

Oh are you with the davos people?
(It sure is the sweetheart of industy suppliers. Billions are going to be made off this if it goes)

One blessing some of us have that I have not seen - we have less than one-fifth of the people china does? We will have a lot less extreme or draconian tactics employed upon us? If you can self quarantine, the military probably won't weld you in or burn it down on you?
This is a lot better population, social and govt situation to be in, whatever does happen.
Communists are kind of trained to be all stoic, independent and "not say"? I think more Americans will have others and be more able to help each other in any ways? The disease will get a bunch of US....but the effects and social bothers will get most of us for a couple months anyway. Better march than december too.

#70 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,081 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:25 PM

I'm off to buy paper masks to save me from the virus-opocalypse ...

I'm going to start raiding people's recycle bins for plastic water jugs and making them into face shields to sell, which are all the rage now:

post-102948-0-44203300-1584658884.jpg
EPbe6PcUEAEU5bH-4.jpeg

Which I have to admit is a pretty darn clever idea, though I'll be adding a clump of polyfil to the hole at the top for air filtering, lol.

This would also work in a pinch as an improvised face shield for some kinds of work involving low-energy impacts (so okay for flint knapping and wood working but not in a machine shop).

Too bad I have a freakishly enormous head which means I gotta wear one of those 5 gallon jugs that are for water coolers so everything looks tinted light blue to me now.

Oh, and here's Improvised Face Shield v 2.0:

24085440-7947709-image-m-121_1580396699488.jpg

I bet these will remain popular once the Hong Kong protests resume since they also look real handy for avoiding blasts of mace or OC to the face. Or facial-recognition... Reb

Attached Thumbnails

• a36d2370-425a-11ea-9fff-e45e1f6e1efa.jpg

Edited by TVCasualty, 19 March 2020 - 06:03 PM.
photo vanished so I fixed it

• onediadem, Myc, Soliver and 5 others like this

#71 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,121 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:32 PM

NIce one, TV :)

Looks like a much better idea then using a plastic bag....

Attached Thumbnails

• take-the-plastic-bag-challenge-to-stupid-definitely-dont-try-meme.png

• onediadem, TVCasualty, Wimzers and 2 others like this

#72 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:45 PM

the virus-opocalypse ...

I find the term 'sneezepocalypse' rolls off the tongue easier.

And then we'll have a dangerous vaccine being released, summoning pharmageddon.

• Oneyedraven likes this

#73 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,387 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM

Remember after 9/11 when the Gov't wanted everyone to line the inside of their houses with plastic sheeting and duct tape to protect against impending biological attacks (and fresh oxygen) ?

That's no shit.  Duck and Fucking Cover, friends. It's the Ebola of 2020.

Once a Caucasian American dies from this shit, a vaccine / cure will pop up ASAP on this side of the pond.  Sort-of.

The CDC estimates that since October of last year (2019 - in case you're like me) and February 8th of 2020 (the current year, in case you're like me), between 14,000 and 36,000 AMERICANS have died from the goddamn flu.

You know - the flu.  The goddamn flu.  The shit that ravages us every fucking year ....

How many newsy articles do you see about that shit?  Zero.  How many articles about the ineffectiveness of our vaccines do you see?  Zero.

The RotaVirus has killed more Americans than Corona, and it's infected entire cruiseships dozens of times . . . but no one gives a shit about that, because it

Won't Create More Manufacturing Jobs In 'Merica!

I want my kids hunched over a sterile manufacturing table, assembling I-Phones for nascent anuses, bleached of humanity.

If this virus brings suicide-inducing manufacturing back to America, the I say "Bring It ON!"

(cough cough)

:)

soliver

• TVCasualty, Myc, coorsmikey and 1 other like this

#74 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Do the water jugs come in my glasses prescription?

• onediadem likes this

#75 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,121 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:01 PM

Do the water jugs come in my glasses prescription?

With their ribs I think they look kind of like a fresnel lens.  I wonder if they could set your hair on fire if you were out in bright sunshine?

• Myc likes this

#76 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,143 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

I have little data to base my post. My understanding of viruses and reading (briefly) information available about Corona. I feel strong that there are certain things we should refrain from consuming not because its right or wrong but simply because there is potential for serious illness if ingested. I refrain from relying on intuition as it lacks method and rationale, however I have strong intuition that the Corona virus isn't the pandemic that will trim the fat from society. But it's coming and I think Corona is an example of how quickly pestilence will spread among our kind. Keep that hand sanitizer on you at the gas pumps and in class gotta stay strapped bahaa.

Also, I do not feel that there will be an epidemic because of some apocalyptic constant that we are doomed to approach as mankind. It's just proven throughout history time and time again that eventually a virus manifests that has the potential to wipe out large chunks of our societies.

Edited by makinbones69, 20 February 2020 - 11:38 PM.

#77 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

Here's my favorite take-away from the article:
"Starting this week, scores of WeChat users complained that they were locked out of their personal accounts after people in their chat groups discussed issues around the virus outbreak. That’s meant losing access to all of their stored social contacts as well as the money in their WeChat wallets. Many others have gone into self-policing mode, reminding friends in their chat groups not to exchange information about the coronavirus."

Welcome to your future in a cash-less electronic society.

If this virus doesn't fuck up the global economy beyond recognition then some of those trends will probably change thanks to those kinds of reports.

AIDS was originally swept under the rug by pretending it didn't exist at first, which is why the message of activists at the time was "Silence = Death." That is just as true right now as it was then. If China survives this it will not be forgotten by the Chinese people that their government prefers they get sick and die over exchanging accurate and potentially life-saving information that the government might find awkward. When you inform a population that they literally have nothing left to lose anymore then they tend to act like it.

This could very well be the spark that ultimately blows China apart; things were plenty precarious already with the tensions over trade and the mass-detentions of Uighurs and an uprising in Hong Kong.
What are your thoughts that this is China’s way of population control? Also did you hear the report of the Harvard Bio Professor jailed with ties to China. The two might not be related but it seems suspicious.

When I worked at NIH there were a lot of strange things, and floors I needed to gain access to that had all sorts of crazy bio tech. I was talking with one of the scientists there and he said there are things in there vaults that If put on a train in NYC bound for LA by the time it arrived everything would be dead in its wake.
https://thefreedomar...m=feed&owa_sid=

#78 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:56 AM

What do you know. A new vaccine is ready for testing. Who knew. I wonder if the person who created the vaccine is the same person who created the virus, the monopoly guy in the market perhaps?

• Fungi2b likes this

#79 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,081 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

however I have strong intuition that the Corona virus isn't the pandemic that will trim the fat from society.

“Trim the fat?” So a situation where hundreds of millions could potentially die (or more; not sure how many qualify as "fat" in need of trimming) is analogous to a get-in-shape-for-Summer fitness program (or prepping a steak)?

That's an interesting way to frame it. Granted, it probably makes it easier (or possible) to contemplate since the reality of such a pandemic would quickly become an unprecedented global horror show.

Also, I do not feel that there will be an epidemic because of some apocalyptic constant that we are doomed to approach as mankind. It's just proven throughout history time and time again that eventually a virus manifests that has the potential to wipe out large chunks of our societies.

The inevitability of the emergence of another pandemic with the potential to wipe out large chunks of our society is probably what informed the notion of an Apocalyptic constant that we are doomed to approach as mankind since we've experienced it with every civilization we've ever built, so it's probably the case that whomever wrote the Apocalyptic "prophecies" in the world's religions noticed this trend and assumed it would continue.

Perhaps many such ancient "prophecies" are really just empirical observations of past trends projected forward into the future and described in ways that were constrained by the knowledge and vocabulary available to them at the time?

• ElPirana likes this

#80 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,081 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

That site cites naturalnews.com as a major "source," among other not-credible sources. That means freedomarticles is not credible, either. And I'm being generous considering it's yet another site promoting the Sandy Hook "false flag" theory, among other lunacy.

I tried to check a few claims and sources and all I found was half-truths and bullshit.

• roscoe and clumsy like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!