2190 replies to this topic

#101 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:05 PM

The lastest Q drops suggest that the so-called "epidemic" is a conspiracy created by the deep-state dust-mask industry. Trump is about to bring the pain.

• TVCasualty, Myc, coorsmikey and 3 others like this

#102 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 568 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:32 PM

The news today: People die by the hour, in Italy. That's 200 km from where I live.

The german health minister admits this could be a pandemic. Lol.

Isn't it true they wouldn't tell us when a comet would hit the earth unless they have saved their asses in their underground facilities? 

It's a wake up call to me.

#103 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

Left eye, right eye

Take a look around
Everybody's heading
For a hole in the ground
And it's the Dance of Shiva
It's the Twilight of the Gods
Thunder and lightning
'Til the break of dawn

Monkey wash donkey rinse

Going to a party in the center of the earth
Monkey wash donkey rinse
Honey, don't you want to go?

-Warren Zevon, Monkey Wash Donkey Rinse

• onediadem and Wimzers like this

#104 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:05 PM

Isn't it true they wouldn't tell us when a comet would hit the earth unless they have saved their asses in their underground facilities? 

Apocalypse bunkers really aren't all they're cracked up to be.

08563fea47a118dea8b783bc45a6b272.png

• onediadem, Alder Logs, Juthro and 6 others like this

#105 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:42 PM

Looks like Gary Larson was pretty good at predicting the future in general:

post-102948-0-12815700-1582584116.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• virus.jpg

• onediadem, Myc, Alder Logs and 6 others like this

#106 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,030 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

When I got my diagnosis of Lyme, after an acute flu-like bummer which lasted eleven days and brought me from 139 pounds to 120 that quickly, I had a really bad year.  This started in late August over five years ago.  That first year, if I carried my day's worth of firewood in, I felt like I had put in my day's work.  I had lost all my strength and stamina.  I knew I was going to avoid all AMA type doctors and went shopping for a Chinese medicine doc.  Besides the Chinese acupuncture and moxibustion stuff he did to work on getting my yang back up, there were some homeopathic remedies.  But the main thing was what I have come to call, "the no having fun diet."  He took away caffeine, alcohol, all sugars but those naturally occurring in whole foods, gluten, dairy, and fried foods.   I was still eating some foul fish, and eggs.  I noticed those became a smaller part of my diet until I was just about a default vegan.   He also got me doing two or three Qi Gong workouts each day.  He recommended I use milk thistle to avoid catching shit that goes around. 

All I know is I feel better than I did decades ago.   His checkup at three years, where he measures range of movement and strength all over the body showed nearly everything improved.  If something had changed to the negative, in each case it had been from the right and left sides coming into balance.  He told me my body had gotten younger.  That's the way I feel for sure.  I will still eat organic chicken or turkey once in a great while at my neighbor's house, so that keeps me from being a pure vegan.  I have begun cheating on the coffee and alcohol, having two espressos in the morning (after going without for a couple years) and five ounces of red wine in the late afternoons for less than a year now.  I turned 73 last week and am starting to fear I might live longer than this world age lasts. 

Time now for my vegan dinner.

• Alpoehi likes this

#107 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:33 AM

...we all know that eating excessive amounts of meat and dairy hurts us.

No we don't.

This is the second time in one day that I've read this unfounded, out of context, ridiculous comment. I know you and Alder, the other person who made it, don't lack intelligence but you're making statements that do. Imo, take a second to add some context to your statement or don't expect to be taken seriously.

Can we ask the Maasai how they feel about this nonsense? Ever heard of the Weston Price Foundation? That's a rhetorical question.

you arent taking into consideration the way its farmed, fed, killed, butchered, and kept before purchase.
Tanzania isnt filled with the shit the rest of the world is. Theyre not in the view for superfund clean-up sites. Their cattle isnt being fed GMO food. Sure while they have "pollution" they aren't pumping the air full of garbage like LA, London, NY etc. I mean have you taken a look at the Gowanus canal in comparison to ANY shipping harbor in Tanzania? Ny literally left a dolphin to die in the Gowanus, recently....https://newsfeed.tim...-gowanus-canal/

Also, when you purchase from big box stores, the factory that processes the meat isnt throwing out the cancer ridden ones... They cut out the tumor and feed it to the buyer..

Not conjured up balderdash but reality of what happens when you get too far away from nature (or allow corporations to take over).
while it isnt a necessity for us to eat meat its an easy way to get nutrients and protein. But id rather eat things that dont run away, when you are trying to make dinner.

#108 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:37 AM

When I got my diagnosis of Lyme, after an acute flu-like bummer which lasted eleven days and brought me from 139 pounds to 120 that quickly, I had a really bad year. This started in late August over five years ago. That first year, if I carried my day's worth of firewood in, I felt like I had put in my day's work. I had lost all my strength and stamina. I knew I was going to avoid all AMA type doctors and went shopping for a Chinese medicine doc. Besides the Chinese acupuncture and moxibustion stuff he did to work on getting my yang back up, there were some homeopathic remedies. But the main thing was what I have come to call, "the no having fun diet." He took away caffeine, alcohol, all sugars but those naturally occurring in whole foods, gluten, dairy, and fried foods. I was still eating some foul fish, and eggs. I noticed those became a smaller part of my diet until I was just about a default vegan. He also got me doing two or three Qi Gong workouts each day. He recommended I use milk thistle to avoid catching shit that goes around.

All I know is I feel better than I did decades ago. His checkup at three years, where he measures range of movement and strength all over the body showed nearly everything improved. If something had changed to the negative, in each case it had been from the right and left sides coming into balance. He told me my body had gotten younger. That's the way I feel for sure. I will still eat organic chicken or turkey once in a great while at my neighbor's house, so that keeps me from being a pure vegan. I have begun cheating on the coffee and alcohol, having two espressos in the morning (after going without for a couple years) and five ounces of red wine in the late afternoons for less than a year now. I turned 73 last week and am starting to fear I might live longer than this world age lasts.

Time now for my vegan dinner.

my cousin contracted lymes being a forest ranger. He uses bee stings to combat his lymes and the b virus and c virus. (forgive my forgetting the actual names)its caused him heart issues at 37.

Thank the government for that.

#109 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:22 PM

Well this is just great:

'It's not if, but when' coronavirus will hit the US - CDC

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the US's top public health agency, has warned Americans to brace themselves for a spread of coronavirus within the country.

"It's not so much a question of if this will happen in this country any more but a question of when this will happen," Dr Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunisation and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), said.

"We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad."

It's a change of tone for the CDC, which, until now, has largely been focused on efforts to stop the virus entering the country and on quarantining people who have travelled from China.

HHS Secretary Alex Azar asked for $2.5 billion to be invested in fighting the outbreakImage caption: HHS Secretary Alex Azar asked for $2.5 billion to be invested in fighting the outbreak.

Meanwhile Alex Azar, the US Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary, has asked a Senate subcommittee to approve $2.5 billion (£1.92 billion) in funding to fight the outbreak.

The money, he said, would pay for the US to expand its surveillance systems for the virus, would support local and state governments, and would help scientists develop vaccines.

Mr Azar also said the US needed to expand its stockpiles of protective equipment, like surgical masks. He said that right now the US has a stockpile of about 30 million masks, but it actually needs 300 million.

https://www.bbc.com/.../world-51628990

It's getting to the point where being able to find accurate information about what's going on is becoming important (though not quite a matter of life and death just yet) and the growing onslaught of lies, fake news, and propaganda is going to make that difficult if not impossible.

When that's the case in a situation like this, it's not a stretch to assert that it will almost certainly result in otherwise-preventable fatalities, and may even allow the infection rate to reach a tipping point where containment becomes impossible.

I guess this means it's justified to defend ourselves from fake news and propaganda with force, if necessary, since it now poses a direct existential threat to our lives. Tolerance of ignorance is dangerous, so it's probably time to stop doing that.

A good first step is to stop passing along speculation that has no actual evidence to support it, and citing other unsourced blogs as a "source" is one of the most common ways this happens (as far as I can tell). It's better to stay quiet than to pass along "information" that one cannot vet with credible sources.

Here's to hoping that those who are helping to make this worse by promoting lies and propaganda catch a raging case of COVID-19 without passing it along to anyone else. There are ultimately only two ways to cure ignorance: Get accurate information, or drop dead. Anyone who makes it harder for the public to obtain the former probably deserves the latter since they're helping to increase the death toll whether intentionally or not.

• onediadem, roscoe, Oneyedraven and 1 other like this

#110 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:29 PM

Are you telling me that by simply avoiding bat burgers I won't also avoid the virus? Life is so unfair.

• onediadem, coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#111 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:50 PM

I've noticed an interesting part (in my mind anyway) of this pandemic story that I haven't seen talked about yet.  While we are banning people coming in from other countries to prevent the spread, do you realise that the flow of material, and commercial goods have not been interrupted.  

While they have passengers from planes, and cruises quarantined in military hospitals, the daily interaction of merchant marines, and longshoreman with ships crews that just came from countries that we have travel bans in place for continues.

This virus is going to run its race.  Much like climate change, we might be able to mitigate some of the results, but the time to stop it is long gone.

• onediadem, Myc and roscoe like this

#112 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

Are you telling me that by simply avoiding bat burgers I won't also avoid the virus? Life is so unfair.

post-136504-0-00781000-1582660305.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Bat_Burger_001.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 25 February 2020 - 02:52 PM.

• onediadem likes this

#113 Auxin

Auxin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

It's getting to the point where being able to find accurate information about what's going on is becoming important (though not quite a matter of life and death just yet) and the growing onslaught of lies, fake news, and propaganda is going to make that difficult if not impossible.

Its not fool proof, the journalists and editors clearly are not retired research doctors, but I've been following the coronavirus news being published for doctors and nurses

MedicalXPress Coronavirus articles

That place is a good source for routine medical news as well

MedicalXPress daily news

Blogs, facebook, and gossip shared on P2P networks can be entertaining, but hardly useful in a medical emergency.

• TVCasualty likes this

#114 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:33 PM

There are tents set up at the local hospital here. A nurse friend has told me there are two cases, and expect a lot more. That is fact, and not conspiracy news hogwash.

• TVCasualty likes this

#115 Auxin

Auxin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

We'll soon need a Pandemic Check-in Thread so we can let each other know when we catch it, and then when we're past danger and on the mend.

Hopefully no one vanishes before the latter post.

#116 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,184 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:54 PM

A good first step is to stop passing along speculation that has no actual evidence to support it, and citing other unsourced blogs as a "source" is one of the most common ways this happens (as far as I can tell). It's better to stay quiet than to pass along "information" that one cannot vet with credible sources.

People love to pass on speculation!

Just today my boss came out of his office ranting and raving about this video he saw on Facebook that showed the dirty, horrid conditions of the markets in China, talking about the bats and snakes and dogs, on and on and on, you get the picture. Over and over I stopped him and tried to make him look at this situation logically, but wouldn’t have it. I could see in his eyes how entertained he was over the shocking proof that he found, ignoring each of my comments so he could continue.

Sadly, this attitude is common enough that the speculation is just going to continue.
  • roscoe, Juthro and Wimzers like this

#117 KunLong

KunLong

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

We are at alamogordo. Others will see something before we will. I am pretty sure a lot of Americans already had it at the same time they were. It was a heavy "flu" that one could knock out in 2 or 3 days but left congestion for weeks after, indicating it was a lung shredder. Maybe some rough on kidneys too, I just haven't seen any comparison here. I'm doing alzheimers and dementia protocols, i have less than a dozen primary patients now.
No professional roundup here yet or any big signs, but bu the 4th of next month we should be able to tell more
  • coorsmikey likes this

#118 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

I've noticed an interesting part (in my mind anyway) of this pandemic story that I haven't seen talked about yet.  While we are banning people coming in from other countries to prevent the spread, do you realise that the flow of material, and commercial goods have not been interrupted.  

While they have passengers from planes, and cruises quarantined in military hospitals, the daily interaction of merchant marines, and longshoreman with ships crews that just came from countries that we have travel bans in place for continues.

This virus is going to run its race.  Much like climate change, we might be able to mitigate some of the results, but the time to stop it is long gone.

They don't know for sure but based on sars and mers the virus only last a few hours outside the body. So something like a package that would likely travel for more than a few hours before reaching it's destination the virus would be toast. The risk is assumed to be for very low for now.

"In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the Center for Disease Control's Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in a Monday morning press briefing.

Edited by flashingrooster, 25 February 2020 - 10:14 PM.

#119 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,233 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:27 AM

They don't know for sure but based on sars and mers the virus only last a few hours outside the body. So something like a package that would likely travel for more than a few hours before reaching it's destination the virus would be toast. The risk is assumed to be for very low for now.

"In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures," Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the Center for Disease Control's Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in a Monday morning press briefing.

I am afraid I didn't make my point clearly.  I was never concerned about the packages, I am concerned about the people who deliver those packages, both by air, and by sea.  They make contact with multiple borders entry points everyday.   

How are they to be overlooked as the mechanism to transport this virus around the world.

It makes the travel ban for tourists a joke. doesn't it?  I does to me anyway. At least by my logic.

• Myc and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#120 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 568 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:13 AM

German Post stopped delivering parcels to China, Hongkong and Macao mid February.

The reason is problems with logistics in China, not primarily health issues.

It's frightening to see that the governments worry the most about economical damage, not health in the first place.

At least that's how I get it from how the german media reports.

Sars-CoV-2 arrived in south Austria, Tyrol.

Infection cases are reported from south Germany and West Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia).

North Rhine Westphalia is a very dense populated country.

The EU has started a think-tank about border checkpoints. (The Merkel method...bla...bla...)

My impression is the governments faint in sight of the pandemia coming. They cannot do anything about it unless it's too late.

Edit: Getting ghoosebumbs now - so fast it is spreading. Just watched a report in newsweek there are also cases in the U.S. reported.

In Cologne, west Germany, the infected person had contact to more than 40 people. His wife, also infected, worked in a kindergarden.

They still try to isolate the virus with quarantine, but they couldn't capture all the people who had contact with the couple in Cologne.

Also 2 new cases have been verified in south Germany. I'm sorry to say this but I think the situation has already gotten out of control.

Edited by Alpoehi, 26 February 2020 - 11:12 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!