#1881 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,227 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:03 PM

20 separate health care facilitates in Alaska, including all it's major hospitals, are now officially using crisis standards of care.   

So in other words, they have purposely degraded the level of care for individual patents so as to be able to care for more patents.  Our local hospital has been at, or over it's licensed bed capacity for weeks now.   Well over half of those patents are COVID cases,  of which >80% of those are unvaccinated people.  100% of the COVID cases that are in our ICU (all are on ventilators) are also unvaccinated.

If it was my choice, I would let all those that have chosen to decline the vaccine, and then became sick, be sick at home.   You wont have to worry about how the vaccine will affect you when your dead.

I don't wish any of you ill, but 'your right to choose' is fucking it up for EVERYBODY.   The way I see it your poor choices are infringing on my right for quality health care, and I resent you for it.

• Salty117 likes this

#1882 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:14 PM

It is natural to feel this way, because of the starkness of the issue. But in general its the way things usually work. 2nd hand smoke and drunk driver accidents, are just a couple of undebatable examples. There are many more but to list them all would make anybody sound like an elitist, so we make do with jokes about lawyers and the government.

#1883 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:29 PM

This is worth a read all by itself but I thought it was especially interesting since it mentions why using anti-viral therapies in the ICU (which I guess would include Ivermectin) don't help once a patient finds themselves there:

So, we’ve reached 34 deaths per day from COVID. ....

And though most who read this thread know that vaccination can prevent almost all of this, it is why those of us in healthcare struggle knowing this is now preventable. It’s a thought that torments us through every day of those 6 weeks.

This was originally posted as a series of tweets, which can be found here: https://twitter.com/...577158023073796

Very good info I have not seen in the usual news media, and easier to read than the twitter feed - thanks for reformatting here. The 'ground level' & 'front line' details, are sobering. 

#1884 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Let me apologize to you TV and all of Mycotopia, it was unnecessary to invoke the memory of the Holocaust in a polite discussion.

I wish you all health and happiness!

#1885 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,026 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

https://www.yahoo.co...-231039244.html

Here is another article which finally begins to discuss "natural immunity" (if there even is such a thing anymore).

My favorite take-away from the article:

"In response to the Israeli study, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House chief medical adviser, said natural immunity was “something that we need to sit down and discuss seriously.” He added that the study didn’t provide information on the durability of the protection from prior infection, and that there is a lot more that needs to be accounted for and studied further when it comes to this topic."

Serious discussion trumps research nowadays.

These guys are as slippery as the "anti-vaccers".

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#1886 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,227 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:28 PM

Serious discussion trumps research nowadays.

These guys are as slippery as the "anti-vaccers".

I disagree.  Fauci might not be pushing the research, or agenda that you would prefer, but he is not lying to our faces.  The same can not be said for much of the 'anti-vaccer' crowd.

Edited by Juthro, 05 October 2021 - 02:29 PM.

• Myc likes this

#1887 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,026 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:41 PM

^^I'll agree to that sentiment without question.

Not what I was insinuating but excellent counterpoint.

The only reason I posted the quote was because I passed up an earlier opportunity some weeks ago. I figured that upon seeing the statement for a second time that is was worthy of honorable mention.

I don't know the man and wouldn't want his position (re: Dr. Fauci). Not a personal attack or anything of the sort.

As for the disinformation, I couldn't agree more. There are a number of folks who are willing to believe in "the news" and other outlandish systems. I am struck with unfamiliar emotion as I watch society become dependent upon electronica. Sometimes it feels as if I am a stranger in my own house (so to speak). Surreal is, perhaps, the best description of how I feel about current events.

But I also notice your lack of rebuttal to the science - to be fair. No mention of agreement or disagreement in regards to evaluation of anti-body levels, how to determine if someone is "vaccinated" or "in need of vaccination"..........just a blanket policy of everyone receiving the vaccine which has the same length of study path as the studies linked in the article (therefore implying that all decisions in regards to recent actions taken have been a result of "discussion" rather than research).

I am not being reactionary or contrary - I am just watching the data come in and have deliberately only pointed to mainstream (biased in favor of vaccination) articles. -- Please don't fault me for my own snarky take on some of the clickbait I've shared and I won't take anything personally either.

Remember also the acknowledgement that anti-biotics were being over-prescribed as a panacea for all infection (viral, bacterial, etc.) before it was found that they were resulting in "super-bugs".

Again, I am observing and have my own thoughts in regards to recent actions.

Edited by Myc, 05 October 2021 - 09:54 PM.

• Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#1888 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,227 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:14 PM

You are correct, I have no idea how many of the unvaccinated people choking up our health care system had any natural immunity before they were in medical distress. 

But, from the limited information I can see there is also no tangible proof of any wide spread, adverse affects from getting the vaccine.   With roughly 400 million already given in the US, I think the lack of any news stories here is worth mention.

#1889 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,030 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2021 - 08:16 AM

I tried to buy a bunch of copies yesterday. Out of stock, everywhere that I would be willing to buy it.

I guess that’s both the bad news and the good news.

https://greatmountai...uci-audio-book/

#1890 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 10:43 AM

Why focus on Fauci ? Events in Australia, & China, etc. show how real the whole business is. A large portion of Americans seem to have become sort of borderline hysterical, if one is surrounded by such people day in and day out, one may lose perspective oneself. There are many news sources besides official US government stuff on the one hand, and conspiracy theorist crap on the other hand.

#1891 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2021 - 11:35 AM

I was going to write a lengthy post about how everything discussed in the mainstream is all about subtext control now. I think it is part of the reason people fail to listen to one another, all worried about what they think the person is trying to say rather than what they are actually saying.

But then I thought whats the point? Its bound to happen from some of the clumsy thoughts I spit out on this subject

Probably more constructive for everybody if I go do some pushups instead

• coorsmikey likes this

#1892 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 02:22 PM

As

Why focus on Fauci ? Events in Australia, & China, etc. show how real the whole business is. A large portion of Americans seem to have become sort of borderline hysterical, if one is surrounded by such people day in and day out, one may lose perspective oneself. There are many news sources besides official US government stuff on the one hand, and conspiracy theorist crap on the other hand.

So here is a level headed source:

the subject is 

"1.8M subscribers This video is for educational purposes only and must not replace advice from your own health care provider. Always consult your own doctor before taking any medication or supplements. It is not possible to give generalised medical guidelines, for example vitamin K2 may interfere with some anticoagulant medications, so you should see your doctor for individualises advice. Dr Michael Cohen discusses the importance of Vitamin D and zinc for the optimisation of the immune system. Vitamin K2 is also used to distribute calcium to the correct tissues. Thankyou Dr Cohen for this excellent explanation of preventing and minimising infection by enabling the amazing natural immune response. Dr. Cohan, Surgery details"

the link is

#1893 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2021 - 10:33 AM

I tried to buy a bunch of copies yesterday. Out of stock, everywhere that I would be willing to buy it.

I guess that’s both the bad news and the good news.

https://greatmountai...uci-audio-book/

Thanks for dropping by just to drop another propaganda/misinfo turd on us.

Here's some actual science as an antidote, with credible sources updated frequently: https://twitter.com/EricTopol

• Juthro likes this

#1894 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,353 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2021 - 01:40 PM

Has anyone correlated the amount of action in this thread with the emergence of new variants and the rise and fall of the waves that come with them? Now that's graph I would like to see haha

#1895 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,026 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2021 - 10:29 AM

I just got tired of being quashed or having my points passed over.

I find it ironic that we have a thread detailing how Twitter is fascist yet two posts up - Twitter is being used as a reference to refute an article branded as "fake news". Fascism trumps (hah) fake news.

Funny stuff these days.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#1896 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2021 - 12:52 PM

I just got tired of being quashed or having my points passed over.

I find it ironic that we have a thread detailing how Twitter is fascist yet two posts up - Twitter is being used as a reference to refute an article branded as "fake news". Fascism trumps (hah) fake news.

Funny stuff these days.

Well to be fair, there were no points raised or made in the post I replied to. It was just a link to a book by an already thoroughly discredited author. So it wasn't even up to the standard of fake news as contained no news at all.

I would like to see any apologists for the nonsense explain pages 84-86 of that book (I am not totally unfamiliar with it).

Some bullshit is harmless, but books like that are the other kind.

• Juthro likes this

#1897 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2021 - 01:23 PM

Has anyone correlated the amount of action in this thread with the emergence of new variants and the rise and fall of the waves that come with them? Now that's graph I would like to see haha

That might provide some interesting insights into human psychology.

It seems to me that there could be a causal relationship between people getting burnt out on thinking about and dealing with the pandemic and as a result ignoring/forgetting it still exists. By ceasing mitigation measures like masks and distancing, the "Fuck it, I'm gonna just go live my life as if there isn't a pandemic" crowd is facilitating the emergence and rapid spread of new variants which in turn inspires a spike in talking about it (while also almost certainly prolonging the goddamned thing longer than it otherwise might have lasted).

I think a good argument can be made that one of the primary things working against efforts to end this pandemic is our general lack of an attention span. Attention spans have been steadily eroding for decades as technology has gotten better at capturing (literally) our attention and then sending it bouncing all over the place, never dwelling on one topic or issue long enough for any nuance to creep into the 30 seconds of discussion that will be allotted to it before moving on to the next one.

I don't want to get injections of anything.

I don't want to wear masks, either.

I suppose most of the conflict between the science and anti-science crowd is about how we get to that point. I would prefer we get to it by ending the pandemic rather than by simply pretending that it already ended or whatever because I'm burnt out and impatient. The "end" of the pandemic probably entails the virus becoming endemic, or if we're lucky a universal coronavirus vaccine is developed and we can finally quit playing catch-up with variants and focus more on one of the many other ongoing threats to our lives and civilization.

I also don't like going to the dentist. It can hurt (today). Not going tends to hurt worse (but that's tomorrow; we'll worry about it then I guess). So I go, however reluctantly. Some dentists do in fact fuck some people up worse than if they hadn't gone at all, but if outlier cases with negative outcomes inform someone's decision to seek dental care or not then it means they have a very poor grasp of statistics and probability and so will *probably* be shopping for dentures eventually.

Edited by TVCasualty, 15 December 2021 - 01:26 PM.

• shiftingshadows likes this

#1898 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 02:45 PM

"have a very poor grasp of statistics and probability" - yes, in my experience this applies to the vast majority of the population if not nearly all. I think this is fundamental in why people can't grasp the validity of scientific outcomes and concensus.
  • TVCasualty, Juthro and rockyfungus like this

#1899 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 03:59 PM

.... our attention and then sending it bouncing all over the place, never dwelling on one topic or issue long enough for any nuance to creep into the 30 seconds of discussion that will be allotted to it before moving on to the next one.

As well as what folks choose to focus on, and ability to be present, and the issues referred to by TV and Cuboid.

For me these images encapsulate or epitomize, an aspect of this

https://ichef.bbci.c...88_87086587.jpg

https://www.thisisco.../11/face-og.jpg

https://duckduckgo.c.../11/face-og.jpg

https://duckduckgo.c...mages&ia=images

Edited by shiftingshadows, 15 December 2021 - 04:04 PM.

#1900 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2021 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, it's getting pretty bad. But not for everyone; our time will probably be considered the Golden Age for pickpockets!

I've posted this a couple of times because IMO it uniquely captures the madness of where we're at with shattering poignancy:

[Direct Link]

If the actual people on the other side of our phone cameras aren't seen as "real" anymore (they're all just props for the movies we make about ourselves now, I guess) then it's no surprise that the reality of things that are literally invisible can be so easily dismissed. Virus? What virus? I don't see anything! Or, like, global warming... Is THAT still a thing? [condescending eyeroll]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!