#1881 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,650 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:03 PM

20 separate health care facilitates in Alaska, including all it's major hospitals, are now officially using crisis standards of care.   

So in other words, they have purposely degraded the level of care for individual patents so as to be able to care for more patents.  Our local hospital has been at, or over it's licensed bed capacity for weeks now.   Well over half of those patents are COVID cases,  of which >80% of those are unvaccinated people.  100% of the COVID cases that are in our ICU (all are on ventilators) are also unvaccinated.

If it was my choice, I would let all those that have chosen to decline the vaccine, and then became sick, be sick at home.   You wont have to worry about how the vaccine will affect you when your dead.

I don't wish any of you ill, but 'your right to choose' is fucking it up for EVERYBODY.   The way I see it your poor choices are infringing on my right for quality health care, and I resent you for it.

#1882 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:14 PM

It is natural to feel this way, because of the starkness of the issue. But in general its the way things usually work. 2nd hand smoke and drunk driver accidents, are just a couple of undebatable examples. There are many more but to list them all would make anybody sound like an elitist, so we make do with jokes about lawyers and the government.

#1883 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:29 PM

This is worth a read all by itself but I thought it was especially interesting since it mentions why using anti-viral therapies in the ICU (which I guess would include Ivermectin) don't help once a patient finds themselves there:

So, we’ve reached 34 deaths per day from COVID. ....

And though most who read this thread know that vaccination can prevent almost all of this, it is why those of us in healthcare struggle knowing this is now preventable. It’s a thought that torments us through every day of those 6 weeks.

This was originally posted as a series of tweets, which can be found here: https://twitter.com/...577158023073796

Very good info I have not seen in the usual news media, and easier to read than the twitter feed - thanks for reformatting here. The 'ground level' & 'front line' details, are sobering. 

#1884 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,239 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Let me apologize to you TV and all of Mycotopia, it was unnecessary to invoke the memory of the Holocaust in a polite discussion.

I wish you all health and happiness!

#1885 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,745 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 11:07 AM

https://www.yahoo.co...-231039244.html

Here is another article which finally begins to discuss "natural immunity" (if there even is such a thing anymore).

My favorite take-away from the article:

"In response to the Israeli study, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House chief medical adviser, said natural immunity was “something that we need to sit down and discuss seriously.” He added that the study didn’t provide information on the durability of the protection from prior infection, and that there is a lot more that needs to be accounted for and studied further when it comes to this topic."

Serious discussion trumps research nowadays.

These guys are as slippery as the "anti-vaccers".

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#1886 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,650 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:28 PM

Serious discussion trumps research nowadays.

These guys are as slippery as the "anti-vaccers".

I disagree.  Fauci might not be pushing the research, or agenda that you would prefer, but he is not lying to our faces.  The same can not be said for much of the 'anti-vaccer' crowd.

Edited by Juthro, 05 October 2021 - 02:29 PM.

• Myc likes this

#1887 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,745 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:41 PM

^^I'll agree to that sentiment without question.

Not what I was insinuating but excellent counterpoint.

The only reason I posted the quote was because I passed up an earlier opportunity some weeks ago. I figured that upon seeing the statement for a second time that is was worthy of honorable mention.

I don't know the man and wouldn't want his position (re: Dr. Fauci). Not a personal attack or anything of the sort.

As for the disinformation, I couldn't agree more. There are a number of folks who are willing to believe in "the news" and other outlandish systems. I am struck with unfamiliar emotion as I watch society become dependent upon electronica. Sometimes it feels as if I am a stranger in my own house (so to speak). Surreal is, perhaps, the best description of how I feel about current events.

But I also notice your lack of rebuttal to the science - to be fair. No mention of agreement or disagreement in regards to evaluation of anti-body levels, how to determine if someone is "vaccinated" or "in need of vaccination"..........just a blanket policy of everyone receiving the vaccine which has the same length of study path as the studies linked in the article (therefore implying that all decisions in regards to recent actions taken have been a result of "discussion" rather than research).

I am not being reactionary or contrary - I am just watching the data come in and have deliberately only pointed to mainstream (biased in favor of vaccination) articles. -- Please don't fault me for my own snarky take on some of the clickbait I've shared and I won't take anything personally either.

Remember also the acknowledgement that anti-biotics were being over-prescribed as a panacea for all infection (viral, bacterial, etc.) before it was found that they were resulting in "super-bugs".

Again, I am observing and have my own thoughts in regards to recent actions.

Edited by Myc, 05 October 2021 - 09:54 PM.

• Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#1888 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,650 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 October 2021 - 10:14 PM

You are correct, I have no idea how many of the unvaccinated people choking up our health care system had any natural immunity before they were in medical distress. 

But, from the limited information I can see there is also no tangible proof of any wide spread, adverse affects from getting the vaccine.   With roughly 400 million already given in the US, I think the lack of any news stories here is worth mention.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!