• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pegway

Pegway

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

Hi all! This is my first grow and I'm really happy to be part of this community and appreciate you all's expertise and support. I'm in the process of my first cubes grow using a monotub and I think it's going fairly well. I put my bulk substrate mixed with my colonized grain spawn into my monotub 9 days ago with a 1/4 inch casing layer on top. I had it wrapped in a blanket because my house gets a little cool at night. I unwrapped it today to give light and I'm curious how it's looking. There's some moisture on the sides of the tub and I think the substrate still looks moist.  Should I just leave it and be patient or is there anything else I should do to put into fruiting conditions?  The temp in my house stays between 65 and 71 depending on the time of day.  Any help or recommendations is really appreciated.  Thanks!

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5023.jpg

• TabbyBoy likes this

#2 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:12 PM

Hi all! This is my first grow and I'm really happy to be part of this community and appreciate you all's expertise and support. I'm in the process of my first cubes grow using a monotub and I think it's going fairly well. I put my bulk substrate mixed with my colonized grain spawn into my monotub 9 days ago with a 1/4 inch casing layer on top. I had it wrapped in a blanket because my house gets a little cool at night. I unwrapped it today to give light and I'm curious how it's looking. There's some moisture on the sides of the tub and I think the substrate still looks moist. Should I just leave it and be patient or is there anything else I should do to put into fruiting conditions? The temp in my house stays between 65 and 71 depending on the time of day. Any help or recommendations is really appreciated. Thanks!

attachicon.gifIMG_5020.jpg
attachicon.gifIMG_5022.jpg
attachicon.gifIMG_5023.jpg

Welcome! Were glad to have you here!
Try your best to keep it at 70.
A tiny little space heater in the room you have it in works, I have an itty bitty one that plugs right into the wall and hangs.
I dont know about the blanket, i think it needs to have FAE.
Dont quote me on that though. I'm still pretty much an amateur.
I'm sure some experts will hop into this soon.

#3 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 575 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

What strain are your cubes??

#4 Pegway

Pegway

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Thanks!  They're B+.  Yeah I figured the blanket wouldn't allow FAE but thought it would help with faster colonization.  Now that it's this far along I plan to keep it off and can keep the temp around 70.  I've read some places that say the casing layer shouldn't be colonized but I assume that's for those that apply the casing after colonization has already happened.

#5 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 11:10 AM

Hi all! This is my first grow and I'm really happy to be part of this community and appreciate you all's expertise and support. I'm in the process of my first cubes grow using a monotub and I think it's going fairly well. I put my bulk substrate mixed with my colonized grain spawn into my monotub 9 days ago with a 1/4 inch casing layer on top. I had it wrapped in a blanket because my house gets a little cool at night. I unwrapped it today to give light and I'm curious how it's looking. There's some moisture on the sides of the tub and I think the substrate still looks moist. Should I just leave it and be patient or is there anything else I should do to put into fruiting conditions? The temp in my house stays between 65 and 71 depending on the time of day. Any help or recommendations is really appreciated. Thanks!

attachicon.gifIMG_5020.jpg
attachicon.gifIMG_5022.jpg
attachicon.gifIMG_5023.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!