• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CourageToGrow

CourageToGrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:22 AM

I've had this account for a brief moment. Up until today I didn't realize I need to go through some introductory posts before moving forward in to other sections of the forum. *Darn*

So here I am, you can call me Courage for short if you'd like. My name actually comes from a reggae rock band called Rebelution. I found it to be a very fitting name for what I have been brought here to do. To learn, to grow, and have the courage to continue on through triumph and/or tribulation.

I've learned a great deal so far from both my friend who lives near by (who introduced me to Mycotopia) and this lovely community of like minded people. 

I have a few batches currently going:

1.) Psylocybe Fanaticus Cubensis - Spawned from Grain Jar to Monotub CocoCoir/Verm Bulk Substrate on 01/02/2020 (pinning soon)

2.) Psylocybe Fanaticus Cubensis - Spawned from Grain Jar to Monotub CocoCoir/Verm Bulk Substrate on 02/07/2020

3.) Mazatapec Psylocybe Cubensis - Inoculated BRF Cakes 1-6-20.. PF Tek'ing for the experience. Cakes nearly completely white.

4.) Purple Mystics Psylocybe Cubensis - Two thirds colonized in rye grain jars (inoculated 1-11-20)

5.) B+ Cubensis - Inoculated in Rye Grain Jars on 2-14-20

So most of these will go to tubs. I've been reading through many threads though, and have found an interest in bags.
Ordered .5 Micron Filter Bags with a Sealer last night. I can't wait to experience these bags, which should give me greater yields from what I'm gathering.

Mush love my people! I shall write again soon. :)

• onediadem, wharfrat, FunG and 1 other like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,015 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:45 AM

Welcome! Glad you decided to come out of the shadows. Looking forward to seeing your success.

• Randys67 and CourageToGrow like this

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:41 PM

welcome

• CourageToGrow likes this

#4 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:35 PM

Yeah courage please share your grow logs to encourage others following the same path. Cheers bro.

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:01 AM

Welcome! The advise I give to new folk is start working on your patience. Always remember, failures teach you just as much as successes do. If you stick with it, you will have plenty of both. PF strain is a bitch btw. Many love them. I detested them.

#6 CourageToGrow

CourageToGrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:48 AM

Welcome! Glad you decided to come out of the shadows. Looking forward to seeing your success.

It was getting cold in the darkness. The pinhole sized bead of light that was once in the distance is now a brilliant beam of light radiating from my face as I stare in awe. Through my expression you will see, my success is inevitable, or perhaps.. immediate.

welcome

Thank you! I do indeed feel welcomed. ^_^

Yeah courage please share your grow logs to encourage others following the same path. Cheers bro.

Thanks bud! And I will!

I've created and printed my spreadsheets that I will keep on a clipboard in my grow room. I will record logs in the morning time and evening time for each individual jar\bag, tub, etc. These hand written logs will then be transferred over to a google sheets I've got going. The sheets I've made are very simple at the moment only consisting of date, time, temp, humidity, phase, status, and description\notes. I'm sure these sheets will evolve though.. in time. 

Welcome! The advise I give to new folk is start working on your patience. Always remember, failures teach you just as much as successes do. If you stick with it, you will have plenty of both. PF strain is a bitch btw. Many love them. I detested them.

"Patience is a virtue",as they say. I suppose it all depends on what you're waiting on. I've become very well acquainted with being patient over the last few years, cultivating however, does take patience to a new level. One moment, you're amazed at the rapid growth.. next thing you know, you're ripping at your hair, wondering when you'll see pins happen. Its cool though, I can hang. Will be getting into making prints and taking tissue samples for the sake of cloning and specific gene selection.  :biggrin:

welcome

Hey there onediadem! Thank you. :)

• onediadem likes this

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,259 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:32 AM

Welcome CTG,

One more post back here and we unleash you as a free member.

• CourageToGrow and PapaBearSWord like this

#8 CourageToGrow

CourageToGrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:36 AM

Welcome CTG,

One more post back here and we unleash you as a free member.

I can hardly wait! I had a great myco-day of foraging that I'd like to show off. So many jelly ear(, or woodear) mushrooms picked out of a National Forest 5 minutes away from my house. I made a Hot and Sour Chicken Soup with them. :)

• PapaBearSWord likes this

#9 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,155 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:29 AM

You're a Free Member now. Feel free to start up a new thread and post some pics!

• CourageToGrow and PapaBearSWord like this

#10 CourageToGrow

CourageToGrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:48 PM

You're a Free Member now. Feel free to start up a new thread and post some pics!

Thank you very much!! I'll get right on it ^_^)b

:biggrin:   :hug:

#11 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:45 AM

Hey, I'm new myself. Happy to have another reggae-head. I love Rebelution and am learning a lot of his songs. Hoping to see Iration next month.

#12 CourageToGrow

CourageToGrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:06 AM

Hey, I'm new myself. Happy to have another reggae-head. I love Rebelution and am learning a lot of his songs. Hoping to see Iration next month.

Awesome! Welcome to the community! 

Rebelution was amazing in Houston, Tx on 02\02\19 (My Birthday). To be honest though, my favorite part of that experience was learning who Iya Terra was. Their music is so powerful, full of deep ideas, and is a different spectrum of reggae rock than Rebelution all together. I love both bands, but yeah... IYA TERRA taps into my frequency more.  :meditate:

Nice to meet ya Foxdogg! Until next time! Mush love!

#13 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:23 PM

I saw them open for SOJA or Dirty Heads. I listened to Iya Terra on repeat all last summer.

#14 CourageToGrow

CourageToGrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:16 PM

Hey everyone, go check out my first couple of real posts!
Let me know your thoughts, I'm open to all sorts of criticism.
Thanks!

Giving it a go in Mycology
&
Fungai Rich Forest

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!