11 replies to this topic

#1 TwIsT420

TwIsT420

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:52 AM

Hello, 

I also went  by the user name TwIsT420 on an older  OMC called Shroomotopia.org that sadly no longer exists. All of my first grow logs were on that website. I still carry on some of the spores I received from that community. Without that place I would not have gotten into this lifestyle.

I initially started researching P. cubensis 10 years ago.

I still have some spore prints labeled 2010.

The first strain I grew were blue meanie cubes that i got off another website that no longer exists called around the cow pie. 

I remember when Earthstongue first came out with blue moon syringes. 
I remember controversy with the creeper capitalizing on spores. 

Wikidzons are my favorite strain.

I unfortunately lost this strain :[

The mushroom has taken my life in all sorts of ups and downs. 
Without the mushroom I would not be the me I am today.

I have given my life to the mushroom in multiple ways.

I want to share the benefits of this medicine and part of the psychedelic revolution. 

Psychedelic mushrooms peaked my interest in all other mushrooms.

I am now a mycophile. 

I still haven't found my first morel. 

After a decade.. I am finally getting into agar. 

I make mushroom art. (I'll show you that later)
I also make digital art and do projection mapping.

I enjoy psytrance and deep dubstep as well as the communities that carry the genre. 

I REALLY LOVE CATS.

I could go on for a while..

It's nice to meet you  :meditate:

• onediadem, roc, Skywatcher and 6 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:50 PM

welcome to the other topia  :biggrin:  lots of shroomo members here, glad to have ya

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

You will fit in nicely. Welcome!

#4 TwIsT420

TwIsT420

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:29 PM

Thank you both. Still getting using a forum again. 

Can't wait to see what this OMC has to offer. :]

• wharfrat likes this

#5 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:52 PM

welcome aboard  :biggrin:

#6 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,049 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:45 PM

Welcome to 'Topia!

#7 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:22 PM

Psytrance!

Galactic Mantra (With Via Axis And ItomLab)

Ovnimoon

Love to listen to electronic music. Welcome to Mycotopia.

Edited by Alpoehi, 11 March 2020 - 02:23 PM.

#8 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:38 PM

Welcome!! The more in this community the better!

Strength in numbers!!

With morels,have you hit the burn scar areas from wildfires above 5000’ (1.52km) elevation?

With all the wildfires we had around these parts there are a ton of areas to hunt for them. But tons of competition from other hunters over stands.

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,006 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:08 PM

morels aren't easy to find in a lot of areas. You need to find the proper companion trees. Burn morels are different than the morels you find in burn free areas but can be easier to hunt down since you can easily find areas that have burned...

I typically find a bunch of morels in the spring but I do not have honey holes the way I do for chanterelles... Last year I filled grocery bags full of chants but could have held all of the morels I found in my hands... Morel hunting was better when I was living in Ohio but that had as much to do with the trees in the area as anything else...

Good luck on your foraging! There are lots of mushrooms to be found in most regions... Chants are may favorite but I also love the abortend Entoloma (Shrimp of the woods)... Honey mushrooms, chicken of the woods (im not a big fan), oysters of several varieties... I have also been finding chanterelous minor and another small chant whose name I cant currently recall... black trumpets...  meadow mushrooms (careful, they can be confused for destroying angels... where they are found is key... several different types of puff balls in different areas....

• Ronald Ray Gun likes this

#10 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

morels aren't easy to find in a lot of areas. You need to find the proper companion trees. Burn morels are different than the morels you find in burn free areas but can be easier to hunt down since you can easily find areas that have burned...

I typically find a bunch of morels in the spring but I do not have honey holes the way I do for chanterelles... Last year I filled grocery bags full of chants but could have held all of the morels I found in my hands... Morel hunting was better when I was living in Ohio but that had as much to do with the trees in the area as anything else...

Good luck on your foraging! There are lots of mushrooms to be found in most regions... Chants are may favorite but I also love the abortend Entoloma (Shrimp of the woods)... Honey mushrooms, chicken of the woods (im not a big fan), oysters of several varieties... I have also been finding chanterelous minor and another small chant whose name I cant currently recall... black trumpets...  meadow mushrooms (careful, they can be confused for destroying angels... where they are found is key... several different types of puff balls in different areas....

That’s quite some catalog there. I wish I had more time to go hunting,still a ton on my list still looking to find.

Still looking for that giant King Bolete that has eluded me. Some day.

And are Chantelle’s as tasty as everyone says? I’ve heard the west coast ones aren’t as flavorful.

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,006 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:25 AM

I can't speak for differences in flavor between east and west... The ones I find taste great! As I mentioned, chants are typical my favorite! They have a mild, almost nutty flavor to them... YUM!

• Ronald Ray Gun likes this

#12 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:42 PM

Deep Dubstep cool genre thanks for the hint.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!