• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArcticOasis

ArcticOasis

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 02:50 AM

I've inoculated and have been colonizing my jars and bags of rye berries in a bathroom. It's fairly small so I can keep a space heater going 24/7 without killing my electric bill. It's fairly cold where I am; outside the closed door of the bathroom temps in the house can drop to the low 60s if not colder. Inside the bathroom, it never goes below 70F and sometimes gets slightly past 80. In other words, ideal for colonozing rye berry jars. My dilemma, I've got a couple of monotubs that have sucessfully, from what I can tell, incubated and are ready for fruiting, but I still have rye berries colonizing. Inside the bathroom seems like it will be too warm for fruiting and outside seems it may be too cold. Should I lower the temp in the bathroom slightly? Risk fruiting in the low 60s part of the house?
Any thoughts are appreciated. 

#2 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= In The Flow =-

• OG VIP
  • 2,019 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:31 PM

I would turn down the temp a bit to accommodate the fruiting tub conditions, the colonizing tubs and jars will be fine.  

• wharfrat likes this

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:21 PM

welcome to topia.

you can fruit and colonize 60's on up too 80 or lesser/greater.. just the colder it is, the longer they take. The warmer it is the quicker. they really love temps around 75/80, so I wouldn't change a thing.

But then again, i'm pretty lazy when it comes to growing anymore, so little things like the perfect temp never cross my mind. I do know that when they are in my grow room (cannabis), which is 70/80, they grow extreemly fast, usually long legged and heavy flushes. when i'm not growing and the temp is more in the 60/70 range, they stay somewhat short, fat and slow.

• -=Zeus=- and PJammer24 like this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:31 AM

Welcome!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!