Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Super potent magic mushroom tincture drops anyone?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

Storing your tincture in one of the blue ice packs in a cooler is probably the best for transporting it places; I'm pretty sure Soliver mentioned that trick in another extraction thread but I couldn't find it again though it's pretty self-explanatory.

It might be fine, but I wouldn't personally want to store 95% alcohol in plastic, especially non food grade plastic.

Just my opinion.

#22 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:45 AM

I think that those ice packs are food-grade, but I'm not sure.

And a whole lot of alcohol is sold in plastic bottles and bags these days, and most of us have probably already been exposed to whatever's going to give us cancer ten times over by now so I'm not sure it really matters either way.

• clumsy likes this

#23 sgpa

sgpa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:40 AM

There are numerous teks here just for that!

Would you mind referencing a couple of the better ones? Being new to this forum, I have been searching for a TEK for a good tincture, and am confused as to the best route - with many claiming that water is fine to use, as the "magic" is H2O-soluble, and others claiming ETOH to be the better solvent, as this gets rid of the "bad" components of the journey. Therefore, would really appreciate you steering me towards 1 or 2 of your favorite protocols.

Cheers.

#24 Bobbit

Bobbit

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 07:57 PM

A lot of the 'research' suggests that the best solvent for magic is anhydrous methanol. The main reason being that the phosphatases present in most mushrooms (that dephosphorylate psilocybin to psilocin) are also extracted making your final product less stable and more susceptible to oxydation.

If your extract is blue, it is generally oxidised psilocin, and that magic is lost. . .

#25 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 03:33 AM

There are numerous teks here just for that!

Would you mind referencing a couple of the better ones? Being new to this forum, I have been searching for a TEK for a good tincture, and am confused as to the best route - with many claiming that water is fine to use, as the "magic" is H2O-soluble, and others claiming ETOH to be the better solvent, as this gets rid of the "bad" components of the journey. Therefore, would really appreciate you steering me towards 1 or 2 of your favorite protocols.

Cheers.

You can go crazy trying to get confirmation that x, y or z tek is the best. In order to find what's right for you, you will have to risk doing it wrong, and any extraction is going to incur some degree of wastage/inefficiency. 

Personally I used 95% potable ethanol (in my case "Spirytus", which is Polish made alcohol), gave the mushrooms a long steep, 2-3 months, and keep the results in the freezer. The result is whisky coloured, has some weird spermy shit floating about in it that is unattractive but that I haven't been super bothered in trying to eradicate, and works good.

Seems the consensus is that water = oxidation. Thus 40% vodka is less good than 75%, which is less good than 95%. Personally I won't be playing with anhydrous methanol anytime soon, or any other nasty chemicals. It is not worth the few extra % of efficiency to me. 

• Moonless likes this

#26 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:54 AM

Any thoughts on using cold water extraction then letting it evaporate in a shallow pan to concentrate the active ingredient?

#27 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:08 AM

Unless the water was reduced by boiling or by putting it under vacuum them it would take so long to concentrate a weak water extraction enough to matter that it would probably start to get funky/ferment first. And if you reduce the volume by boiling you might as well just make tea, which is going to be more efficient than a cold water extraction anyway since hot water can hold higher concentrations of whatever we dissolve in it. Even tea made from boiling water goes bad if it sits around for a few days (and that's assuming it's being kept in the fridge after you make it).

#28 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,529 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:09 AM

Any thoughts on using cold water extraction then letting it evaporate in a shallow pan to concentrate the active ingredient?

The actives degrade fairly fast in H2O extractions. I feel like by the time the water evaporated you would be left with blue black sludge that resembled indigo dye.

Edited by coorsmikey, 16 August 2020 - 10:11 AM.

#29 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 762 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 01:11 PM

I wonder if you could use the first part of Golly's Stealth honey tek with the degassed water and lemon/citric acid, then boil it down as normal? Instead of adding honey, allow to cool and extract with alcohol? This would allow you to use massive amounts of fresh or dried mush but only small amounts of solvent.

#30 BrotherDekatessera

BrotherDekatessera

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:31 PM

And a whole lot of alcohol is sold in plastic bottles and bags these days, and most of us have probably already been exposed to whatever's going to give us cancer ten times over by now so I'm not sure it really matters either way.

this attitude is why it is taking us so long to make changes to our toxic consumption culture. 

its easier for people to toss it to the wind and say ahh no big deal I will probably have cancer anyway. 

#31 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 05:34 AM

what does that have to do with the efficacy of alcohols in extractions????

it's a lovely rant on pollution but the topic is extracting into alcohol

if pure alcohol is a concern then buy it in a glass bottle or, heaven forbid, distill your own

WTF?

#32 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:40 AM

this attitude is why it is taking us so long to make changes to our toxic consumption culture. 

its easier for people to toss it to the wind and say ahh no big deal I will probably have cancer anyway. 

Who is "us?"

And what kinds of changes to "our" long-established (before any of us were born) and now globally-interconnected industrial civilization are we expected to make in order to measure up to the standards of behavior implicitly imposed on us by others who are presumably in exactly the same situation we're all in?

Besides, what else are we supposed to do about all of the exposures to carcinogens and such that we've been subjected to since we were infants? Wring our hands in constant anxiety until the docs confirm our fears and tell us to "make arrangements?" Or should we accept the reality of our circumstances and carry on anyway?

Who is in a better position to take productive action to change things, someone paralyzed with fear about their own health and mortality or someone who takes Bill Hicks philosophy of life that "it's just a ride" to heart and can therefore face the darker aspects of existence with a degree of lightness that makes it possible to endure being aware of them?

• roscoe likes this

#33 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:47 AM

what does that have to do with the efficacy of alcohols in extractions????

it's a lovely rant on pollution but the topic is extracting into alcohol

if pure alcohol is a concern then buy it in a glass bottle or, heaven forbid, distill your own

WTF?

It got into stuff about plastic because I mentioned Soliver's suggestion about using one of those blue plastic ice packs as stealth tincture storage for transport. So that means it's all HIS fault!

#34 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:35 PM

A lot of the 'research' suggests that the best solvent for magic is anhydrous methanol. The main reason being that the phosphatases present in most mushrooms (that dephosphorylate psilocybin to psilocin) are also extracted making your final product less stable and more susceptible to oxydation.

The literature suggests that methanol is the best extraction solvent, BUT: methanol of poisonous - it is dangerous to even get it on your hands. And abundant evidence, even common sense, suggests that evaporating all the methanol away will leave the active principle(s) naked and vulnerable, subject to rapid degradation. One last point: would the methanol be absolutely pure (unlikely)? What else is there that might not evaporate completely?

#35 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:24 PM

My apologies TV.  Cranky today

But you're absolutely right, it's all Solivers' fault. He's buying the next round :)

• TVCasualty and Juthro like this

#36 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 06:50 AM

Just to let anyone interested know, someone else had a sample of these suspiciously potent "magic mushroom drops" analysed and they were 4-AcO-DMT/psilacetin. Guess we can close the file on this one!

• TVCasualty and Moonless like this

#37 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:37 AM

Well that's pretty interesting. How was the testing arranged?

#38 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:21 AM

I don't know the details, but this came via a trusted friend who I'd been hoping to get a sample off to test. I would assume it was analysed via GC-MS.

• TVCasualty likes this

#39 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2020 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, it's those details I'm interested in, like if it was done on the down-low at a properly equipped lab or if there's a place we can send samples to for anon testing for a fee.

#40 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 05:21 AM

I'm not sure of the details in this case, but I do know of someone one can send samples to for testing for a fee if that's of interest, this is what I was planning to do with my sample had I got hold of one.

• TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!