3 replies to this topic

#1 JanuaryTempis

JanuaryTempis

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

MVIMG_20200225_100118.jpg

This mushroom family grew from the bottom of a brf cake. I propped the cake up on three upside down shot glasses to give these guys room to grow. And grow they did! 39 grams wet. This may not be a lot by many standards but I am fucking ecstatic. 

MVIMG_20200224_153505.jpg

The cake has a bunch of pins growing from the top, which I expect will start to grow a lot faster now that the first family has been harvested. 

I am wondering if these three mushrooms are the first flush, or if they're just the first harvest from the first flush since there are a bunch of pins on the top of the cake. What do you guys think?

Here is a short summary of my first ever grow... I started this with eight cakes - four Burma and four Thai Lipa Yai. I lost two of each to trich before they were birthed. On February 8th I shredded the two viable Lipa Yai cakes into coir and shoeboxed them. I put the two Burmas in a sgfc. I harvested from one of those today. The other sgfc cake only showed white mycelial fuzz and no pins, so on the 23rd I shredded that into coir and shoeboxed it. So now I have one lonely and actively growing brf cake in my sgfc.

MVIMG_20200224_103655.jpg

I'm in Colorado so it's dry af and I've learned that I need a lot more hydration in my sgfc than I expected. I've also learned that shoeboxes are da shit.

I've also learned that this is the BEST hobby ever, and I haven't even tripped yet.  :biggrin:

Happy mushroom birthday!  :victorious:

• onediadem, FunG, Alpoehi and 2 others like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:52 PM

Mushroom dance party!

[Direct Link]

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:53 PM

That tub in the bottom pic is going to explode.

#4 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:14 AM

Congrats!

Yeah the passion is in the growing. My first cake looked very similar to yours.

I am wondering if these three mushrooms are the first flush, or if they're just the first harvest from the first flush since there are a bunch of pins on the top of the cake. What do you guys think?

It's all first flush. As long as the pins continue growing wait and harvest them. After that dunk for 2nd flush.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!