8 replies to this topic

#1 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:26 PM

I mean to imply nothing from this chart I found other than just how much larger a billionaire's fortune is compared to someone who has "only" a couple million.

Here, the examples are Bernie Sanders (net worth $2.5 million) and Michael Bloomberg ($61.9 billion)

Take a look!

Link to higher-rez picture:

http://rossblocher.c...nK-FCUqLp9vp-Z4

Edited by darci, 28 February 2020 - 07:28 PM.

• onediadem, TVCasualty, Juthro and 1 other like this

#2 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

I also like this way of describing how much larger a billion is from a million: 

It would take 11 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds to count from one to 1,000,000

Finally, dividing by 365.25 (the extra quarter-day is for leap years), we end up with an approximate total of 31 years, 251 days, 7 hours, 46 minutes, and 40 seconds. In short, if you want to count to a billion, you'd better start now

Edited by Wimzers, 28 February 2020 - 07:34 PM.

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

That's a lot of squares.

And I mean Bernie's collection when compared to mine (which is measured in pixels, not squares).

Bloomberg's pile is just ridiculous, and our descendants will think we were insane for tolerating a system that allows and even encourages such dangerous disparities of wealth to emerge.

But I'm sure Bloomy pays a competent staff to keep him well-grounded, informed about and in touch with how We the Peasants are doing and what we want or need, so he'll no doubt make a great Prez and won't just be yet another Emperor who wears no clothes. [/end sarcasm]

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

I agree the graphic makes a very valid point, even if I do have to question its overall accuracy.

As in I'm not buying mayer Pete is only worth 100k, I'm more inclined to think he's better at hiding the slush accounts..(and yes, I know that's what Forbes has listed for Pete's wealth)

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:48 AM

Mayor Pete plays the war vet card because he went to Afghanistan as a spook and drank a cup of coffee there and left.  He's totally been groomed for this little show.  I wonder if I can find a used DVD of The Candidate.  And everything I see and learn about Mayor Mike, all I can say is, "yes Martha, there can be worse things than Trump."  This is something I wish the deranged could see. 

I can only name two candidates still running that would not be in the pockets of most all the evil complexes.  I won't go for the corruption's choice, if that's what it comes to.   I have paid those two particular candidate's pipers because I know they like that anti-war tune. 

Oh, my neighbor gets something in the mail from Mike Bloomberg every day (I pick up our mail).  Today's glossy colored piece of cardboard told her he's going to save the orcas.  No shit.  Money for a targeted electorate, eh?  Which one of the internet billionaires tells him what to send who? 

• roc and Skywatcher like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

Here's an interesting exchange from the end of this video which I have queued up at that point:

[Direct Link]

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2020 - 11:30 AM

When I went into the county courthouse yesterday and physically placed my early mail-in paper ballot into the ballot box, I asked one of the county clerk’s team of employees for a sticker that says, “I think I voted.” She protested. I had to tell her that so long as these ballots are counted electronically, with no witnesses to the accuracy of the count outside that machine run on “proprietary” software, we won’t know, can't know, the true count without a manual witnessed counting of all the original ballots.

It seemed the idea that the numbers could be messed with could not land in her mind. For now, that’s the election landscape, whether machine voted, or machine counted. I suppose rape could be okay, so long as the victims didn’t know they were raped, and were allowed a 'freedom' to deny. It's as if Bill Cosby could run the election system. We’ve been slipped our mickeys, and even our being partially conscious is a danger to perpetrators of crimes of control.

Edited by Alder Logs, 29 February 2020 - 01:10 PM.

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

Barry Sanders has MY vote!

https://www.sporting...1j1joeomyq9vaw5

• Juthro likes this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2020 - 01:08 PM

My above post was responded to elsewhere with this:

Without VOTER ID it’s hopeless to have any faith, as a start.

I responded in turn with this:

Since there has been, historically, only a very few instances of documented election fraud by individuals taking the risk of a cheat vote for the return on investment of one freaking vote in the total of votes, and since we’re talking numbers that would strain to reach triple digits in the instance of any election, we’re talking about a case of, “steal little, versus, steal big,” here.

I can dedicate far less worry about the integrity of the voting system to undocumented Juan than to closed source machine interference being the means we have to vote that we get handed by established political powers sitting atop every level of jurisdiction.

Old Juan well knows that while he’s most likely to get caught adding his one vote (at the cost of imprisonment) than the secretary of your state is, stealing just enough votes to reverse the will of the people. When the powers that are have divided up the prize already, their ticket to keeping their respective gravy trains running is in their abilities to steal big. Being as they are the foxes guarding the chicken coups, with credentials, and seeing that even when they are seen to cheat, no actions follow, we will still go after poor old Juan. It’s nothing but show business.

"There’s a sucker born every minute, and two to take him."

~P.T. Barnum

It’s pretty clear who the two are today. Their initials are D and R.

Meanwhile, hundreds of thousands of legally qualified voters continue to be denied their votes by insinuating that any one of them just might be old undocumented Juan, himself. Stealing Big is the name of the game.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!