627 replies to this topic

#341 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,895 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 July 2021 - 01:23 PM

Correct me if I am wrong here but the fact that we keep finding these variants is not good news as far as the new normal goes. That being if this continues we will undoubtedly be stuck with this thing as a seasonal virus like the flue.

The issue is compounded when public's trust in goverment and officials is at an all time low, and we really need that trust to convince people to get vaccinated.

#342 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:04 AM

Sorry I need a TLDR; What's current thoughts on Delta, real? Or Hype machine to make the new normal?

I'm going with "real."

• Arathu, Juthro and shiftingshadows like this

#343 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,895 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2021 - 01:39 PM

So people in Cuba are pissed. The president is blaming the food shortages on sanctions. Is this a politician deflecting or is there some truth to that statement?  Other officials in the west claim its the embargo by the Cuban state, they are the ones causing trouble by stopping free enterprise from happening? Maybe a little bit of both I don't know

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 19 July 2021 - 01:42 PM.

#344 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,587 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2021 - 04:21 PM

This just gave me my laugh of the day, FAUX news, who hosts some of the most outspoken anti vacc'ers out there, has been quietly implementing their own version of COVID vaccination passport for employees, lol.  This is after Tucker Carlson has gone on air claiming that the very idea of these kind of passports is the medical equivalent of Jim Crow laws.

I dont know which is worse, FAUX for pushing information that they themselves dont believe, and aren't willing to follow, or the ignorant sheeple that follow their reporting like it is gospel.

post-136504-0-09857800-1626729632.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Edited by Juthro, 19 July 2021 - 04:22 PM.

• Myc likes this

#345 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2021 - 05:28 PM

Isn't a "vaccine passport" something that says, essentially, "One cannot do x, y, z without being vaccinated"? It appears Newscorp is saying their employees have to get tested if they're not vaccinated (maybe that is a better definition?). Nothing in that photo suggests they're making people get vaccinated. Just that, until you are, you will continue to be tested. Maybe Newscorp prefers you're vaccinated but doesn't mandate it (not even sure that would be legal for them) and, in fact, allows it's hosts to hold opinions and actions outside of corporate preferences (so long as it doesn't effect their bottom line and ruin their brand). Maybe the only reason they're testing at all is due to some regulatory law in their locality?

I don't pay much attention to FOX but, as one of the major de facto marketing arms of Newscorp, it would be a lot more surprising if they left the non-vaccinated dollar on the table. The vaccinated dollar-niche has a lot more competition.

*fast talking voice: this should in no way be construed as an apology for or support of Newscorp or FOX News. Organizations that should be ridiculed at every opportunity...

Edited by August West, 19 July 2021 - 07:20 PM.

#346 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,587 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2021 - 03:28 AM

Isn't a "vaccine passport" something that says, essentially, "One cannot do x, y, z without being vaccinated"?

Your catching on, yes it is....

In this case FAUX says an employee cant come to work without a 'passport' unless they go through a daily screening process.  Basically it's the same suggested usage for travel that has been repeatedly  bashed by the same network.

(no disclaimer needed, I'm willing to stand behind what I say)

#347 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2021 - 10:27 AM

Lol. That wasn't a disclaimer negating the point. 

So you're saying FOX is offering voluntary reporting of vaccine schedules or else employees lose zero access to anything while at the same time suggesting they allow for a certain amount of editorial freedom for their show hosts? They should be embarrassed.

As an aside, even airlines are still requiring testing with proof of vaccination. So whatever Carlson and others are railing about, it's not yet functioning like they say it will.

#348 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,895 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:10 PM

My guess is we are going to see more mandate come out of private enterprise than government. Even though all restrictions are lifted here you still see certain corporations requiring employees to follow covid protocol.

#349 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,587 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2021 - 01:19 PM

As an aside, even airlines are still requiring testing with proof of vaccination. So whatever Carlson and others are railing about, it's not yet functioning like they say it will.

This is false, I just flew down to the lower 48 to visit family over the 4th of July.  There was no testing, and no one asked me about, or made me show paperwork showing I was vaccinated.   I did have to wear a mask on the plane, and while in the airport terminal, but that was it.

FAUX is making their employees go through a more rigorous routine of testing, and proving that they are vaccinated then what the TSA is requiring for the masses to travel, while at the same time they are demonizing the same behavior from the state (which isn't actually happening) during their prime time broadcasting.   

Maybe the hypocrisy escapes you, but I find it amusing.  

Edited by Juthro, 20 July 2021 - 01:20 PM.

#350 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:23 PM

This is false, 

Your singular anecdote aside, it's not false. A friend of mine just flew from Boston to Dublin. She's fully vaccinated and took a PCR test within 72 hours of flying as per that airline's requirements for that journey. Of course, the results didn't come back in time. Thankfully for her, the airline saved the day by offering a $250 instant test which, unsurprisingly, she passed. So yes, actually, there are airline and destination combos that are requiring testing.

#351 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,587 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 July 2021 - 04:53 PM

This is false, 

Your singular anecdote aside, it's not false. A friend of mine just flew from Boston to Dublin. She's fully vaccinated and took a PCR test within 72 hours of flying as per that airline's requirements for that journey. Of course, the results didn't come back in time. Thankfully for her, the airline saved the day by offering a $250 instant test which, unsurprisingly, she passed. So yes, actually, there are airline and destination combos that are requiring testing.

Flying from Boston, to Dublin would impose Irelands rules for entry.  It's not the airlines rules, it's the destinations.   Just like anyone flying into the US from an international location is required to be tested.

All quarantine, and testing regs are in accordance with the destination location for domestic flights in the US.   Kansas, Illinois, California, and Hawaii are the only destinations in the US that currently have any hoops to jump through, no matter the airline you use.  As far as the rest of the country goes, there is no mandated testing, or quarantine required for domestic air travel.  So my example seems to me to be a bit more then a singular anecdote, but I guess I'm not measuring by FAUX standards...

#352 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 09:38 AM

My guess is we are going to see more mandate come out of private enterprise than government. Even though all restrictions are lifted here you still see certain corporations requiring employees to follow covid protocol.

The largest private employer in the state of Arizona just made vaccination a condition of employment.

https://www.azcentra...ees/8031756002/

That's going to be interesting to watch play out in the state where people are STILL (re)counting votes and a few are even poking through chicken shit looking for traces of bamboo, which would be the smoking gun (or "smoking bamboo-infused chickenshit," rather) proving it's all China's fault. Or something. The fact that so many residents are apparently estranged from reality might make for some interesting situations as Banner Health and others try to enforce such policies.

It's a safe bet that some of the more unhinged anti-vax, anti-bamboo people (those who think the vaccines are designed to kill us all or magnetize us, the 5G lunacy, etc.) work for that company (among others that will impose a similar policy) and that they are going to respond rather stridently. Possibly with violence since violence would arguably be fully justified if they thought the government had somehow become a woke Marxist dictatorship and was actively trying to kill them (by allowing their employer to require they be vaccinated, so I imagine there will be some reactionary workplace violence as a result of this as well).

Edited by TVCasualty, 21 July 2021 - 09:42 AM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#353 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,708 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:47 AM

They could just start using Cap-Chur technology.

That way anybody - virtually anyone in sight - can be vaccinated without consent. Then, the rest of everybody can be happy and finally hush about the subject.

• coorsmikey and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#354 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:22 AM

That way anybody - virtually anyone in sight - can be vaccinated without consent. Then, the rest of everybody can be happy and finally hush about the subject.

I clicked the link .... I like your sense of humor ... the subject really needs it.

• Myc likes this

#355 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,708 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:49 PM

Glad you saw it for the - jab - that it was intended to be. ;) (Pun intended)

But seriously......no wrestling, no struggle, no argument required. Just point and shoot anyone who is suspected of not having been vaccinated (up to 500 ft. range). I have some other suggestions too. The vetrinary industry has lots of options for forcing animals to submit to processes for which they would not ordinarily volunteer.  - Hydraulic squeeze chutes, electric prods, blind alley-ways and cleverly placed gates for routing, isolating, and general control of traffic..............I could go on for days.

But I think we already see these pressures threatened with the notion of "vaccine passports", vaccination as a requirement for employment, the notions of door to door vaccination being tossed around..........etc. So I thought I would take the dark humor approach so as to soften what's coming whether we like it or not. 

I've already met someone who  proudly states that he has had all of the vaccines. He says he'll wear his vaccination cards like a cub-scout earns and displays merit badges. (LOL - His own words. Not mine.) I suggest that everyone should have a sash - like in the Brownies - so each of us can proudly display our choice(s). Collect 'em all (as they say in modern commercials). ROFLMAO!!!

Edited by Myc, 21 July 2021 - 12:51 PM.

• coorsmikey and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#356 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 02:49 PM

Just don't forget to hunt them down and shoot them again two weeks later or it'll only be ~85% effective!

And those guns work great with DMT, too. Just gotta hit a vein, so get a good scope for it.

#357 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 04:11 PM

Another funny aspect is: I bet some of the same people who are anti vaxers, because they think their rights & their freedom depends on always doing what they want, think soldiers are patriotic. Yet soldiers specialize in giving up all freedom starting with basic training, to facing whatever dangers they are ordered to.

#358 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,895 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 05:06 PM

Got our sweet company memo today saying that even thought restrictions are lifted we will be continuing use of the daily covid fit for work form, and in the long run will transition it into a general fit for work form. More daily bullshit for me to do on customer time all so they can say I didn't do it right in the event of an issue. That is all it is for, legal liability

I feel like I am caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. I can understand peoples fears of worrying that unvaccinated are going to cause a third of fourth wave depending on where you live. Business's have money on the line and in their minds its safer for the business to enforce restrictions than to take risks that might benefit workers or the public. They have those rights

But choosing between employment and taking a vaccine seems like a real hard choice to force on some people. This pandemic turns all our normal rules upside down

I can also understand peoples resistance to being forced into it. Forcing is not the way forward with this, I cant agree with that even if it may appear to be the right thing to do. Some people wont ever take that jab and so what is the way forward a two tier system? It feels like giving up another freedom we will likely never get back. What is going to happen when the real killer virus shows up? That Cap-Chur joke might not be so funny anymore when the righteous decide to take action then. Then again when people are faced with a virus where the death rate appears far deadlier, they will likely act accordingly. I think that is the thing here, most folk really don't feel the danger from covid after living in this pandemic for a year and a half. Contrary to the data or not their reality is their reality and trying to force them to live in yours does not work. I don't know what the answer is

The fact that so many residents are apparently estranged from reality might make for some interesting situations as Banner Health and others try to enforce such policies.

Its such a mess. Some of the shit out there is so unbelievable but people latch onto it anyway. Part of the problem I think comes from real paranoid schizophrenics, the internet conspiracy threads are the worst thing that ever happened to them. They feed into it and create more paranoid out there stuff for their peers to review. How big is that crowd well I have no clue but I suspect they are party to most of the real out there stuff. Like Jewish space lazers and vaccine trackers, and even those pesky Joe Biden clones.. Then some others I think get off on it like a form of entertainment, infotainment, they don't truly believe it so much as want to. There is a weird addicting nature to being the martyr and some are attracted to that. Going against the main stream thought, "you think you know the truth well listen to this brother" ect... The idea that you are this tiny singular force going up against an immovable object like the government. I would have to admit I do fall prey to the latter and there is danger in that

Sometimes I think of society like a giant organism, and the people who don't agree with vaccinations and or are resistant to goverment are like genetic mutations. Sometimes those mutations prove a failure and they rightfully die off. While others may prevent a mono culture that would allow a singular issue or disease to wipe us all out. I realize the metaphor is a little klunky but I can't help but wonder if the folk some call "crazy" are essential in the long run. We watched it happen right in front of our eyes with the lab leak story.The once loony tunes folk eventually given a platform to speak in order to start another reasonable avenue of investigation. It could turn out to be nothing but what if that was the key and we so willingly threw it in the trash. There has be a balance and I can appreciate how people are pulling their hair out on both sides of this issue.

The pandemic of unvaccinated eh. That language game again. More and more I realize how essential it is to carefully crafted narratives. It often takes all the nuance out of a discussion and leaves you with a simple thought

Now we all know who the real enemy is, the other, the unvaccinated trash

Super duper unlikely but lets just use the vaccination of our entire medical staff as an example. Of course pure speculation here so fear not for spread of misinformation. But what a blunder that would have been if the long term results of the vaccine end up fucking them all up in two or three years. As well this horseshit advice that mixing vaccines is perfectly safe, they have absolutely no data to back that up and officials are speaking out against the unlawful push to vaccinate every blade of grass in the country. Anther concern is dosage, there has been little talk of dosage even though it is one of the most important factors when it comes to adverse effects, the higher the dosage the higher the adverse effects, hence the resistance from officials. Yet the push from the medical manufacturing industry for the third booster shot remains strong

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 21 July 2021 - 05:11 PM.

#359 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,708 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:25 PM

Just don't forget to hunt them down and shoot them again two weeks later or it'll only be ~85% effective!

And those guns work great with DMT, too. Just gotta hit a vein, so get a good scope for it.

But.......

With all of the choices available you'll have to shoot me (from a good, safe distance) roughly 14 times - what with all of the brands available - Nike, Adidas, Gucci, Prada, Channel, - 'er I mean - Pfizer, Moderna, Smith-Klein-Beauchamp, Johnson and Johnson, (the same makers of vetrinary hormones, anti-biotics, and other poisons which we see as a problem in our modern-day society...............what could go wrong????............Shoot me up baby!!! Shoot me up with your double-blind, clinically tested, kool-aid. (or maybe, marginally proven to be - maybe - effective against some stuff). But deluge me with worthless percentages - Better yet. I am volunteering to be a human test subject. Shoot me up with all of the variants - Seal Team Six, The Hateful Eight, Delta Nine, The Fantastic Four, Spiderman I, II, and III.  Let's get it on!!!!!

Then, all of the aforementioned, for-profit drug companies can isolate, modify and sell my "anit-bodies" (against basically everything) for profit to all of you fearful paranoid suckers. But then, I presume we all possess them or we would not have lived to the point to where we are now.

If you're afraid of me.............get vaccinated and then you will be protected from me. End of story. Other than that - respectfully - fuck off.

Vicariously I live - while the whole world dies Much better you than I.

Let's just turn Pfizer loose on this. They have 11-way shots for dogs. Maybe they could develop an 11-way shot for all of the covid variants??

I'm running off to invest and make the suggestion. Sorry folks............gotta get rich somehow.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#360 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:05 PM

Why do you hate people's grandmas?
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!