• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 huuuh

huuuh

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:44 AM

Hi, so i have pins growing already but some of them has this white stuff around their stems, like 2-3 has it. You can see from picture.
Let me know if you need a better picture.

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 12,857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:55 AM

A couple more posts and you'll be able to upload pictures and post in the other forums.

Anyway, from your description it sounds like it's probably just some aerial mycelium growing from the bases, which happens often when the air around them is 95% rH or higher (which is ideal for cakes but too high for bulk trays).

So if you're growing cakes you're probably fine so long as they're getting enough fresh air, too. If you're growing in trays with bulk substrates then you should drop the humidity to around ~85% while maintaining plenty of fresh air exchange.

And welcome to Mycotopia!

#3 huuuh

huuuh

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the information.

#4 huuuh

huuuh

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

Also I had 2 shrooms that grew way faster than the others so I removed those 2, but I got too late with one of them and it already opened its spores, as it's cap was all the way opened up. So I guess it dropped spores all around. Now those new ones growing have darkish borwn caps, I guess its not bad for them? Still can eat them later?

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,015 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:31 AM

Definitely do not eat the ones with spores on the caps. You should send them to me to make sure they are safe to consume. :tongue:

Edited by coorsmikey, 19 March 2020 - 10:31 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!