• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 PCaddict

PCaddict

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:37 PM

Sorry I was figuring out how to post here but I will be doing a bulk grow which will look like your tub. Maybe you can give me pointers when I get started. I am looking for any help and just having a conversation. I am on a couple Cannabis forums and there is a group of us that talk on line everyday 

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#22 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:46 AM

Sorry I was figuring out how to post here but I will be doing a bulk grow which will look like your tub. Maybe you can give me pointers when I get started. I am looking for any help and just having a conversation. I am on a couple Cannabis forums and there is a group of us that talk on line everyday 

Hey bud, sorry I wasn't as active as i normally am this past 2 weeks due to illness, if you have any questions, you are always free to DM me. I would just like to let you know, this hobby can be pricey, but to me, I think each individual mushroom has its own spirit and world to show you, and those experiences are priceless, and completely worth any amount of money you could put towards this. Good luck on your journey PCaddict

• PCaddict likes this

#23 PCaddict

PCaddict

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:33 AM

Thank you. I am setting up another grow area for Cannabis. I will try to come up with the space to put a couple Mono Tubs after I get this grow area finished. I am preparing my tub like the video on North Spore. I hope it is OK to post this here if not I will remove it 

https://www.youtube....eature=emb_logo

Edited by PCaddict, 24 June 2020 - 11:18 AM.

#24 PCaddict

PCaddict

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:23 AM

Sounds like you had a strong trip. I am really excited to start but I have to go buy a hole saw so I can set the tub up. Do they need light 24/7 or is there a certain amount of light they require. I have a bedroom where I could set a couple Mono tubs that has a window so they would be getting indirect lighting that way or will I have to set up a light ? 

#25 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:03 PM

it is a 12/12 light cycle my friend. Also, yes my trip was pretty crazy, the dosing for penis envys uncut and other cubensis are quite different, so keep that in mind if they are the strain you are looking to try cultivating. When taking penis envys you should keep in mind that 2 grams can equal between 5 to 10 grams of other cubensis... at least that is what my studies suggest.. You are going to want to go to wally world or Petsmart or somewhere and go get a reptile terrarium timer so you can set your light cycle on a constant 12/12.. I would get one of the timers that have 8 outlets, with 4 being timer outlets, and the other half being a constant complete circuit. They are truly amazing devices that are super helpful..  Also look into investing into a tropical reptile terrarium humidifier, I bought one for 40 bucks online, and it is the soul reason I was able to grow some of the more challenging exotics recently.. This may just be my opinion, but this hobby has a lot of things that are mandatory if you want to get serious about it, and a lot of them are not cheap... However, if you really enjoy this and are in this for the long term, then you can acquire them over time like i did so its not as hard on your wallet. I really think the humidifier and timers are mandatory for species that like humidity but hate getting their caps wet. However with a humidifier you will not want to have that thing on for 30 minute intervals, you will probably want to have it on for 5 minute intervals about every hour and a half. Good luck, and im always here if you have questions.

#26 PCaddict

PCaddict

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

it is a 12/12 light cycle my friend. Also, yes my trip was pretty crazy, the dosing for penis envys uncut and other cubensis are quite different, so keep that in mind if they are the strain you are looking to try cultivating. When taking penis envys you should keep in mind that 2 grams can equal between 5 to 10 grams of other cubensis... at least that is what my studies suggest.. You are going to want to go to wally world or Petsmart or somewhere and go get a reptile terrarium timer so you can set your light cycle on a constant 12/12.. I would get one of the timers that have 8 outlets, with 4 being timer outlets, and the other half being a constant complete circuit. They are truly amazing devices that are super helpful..  Also look into investing into a tropical reptile terrarium humidifier, I bought one for 40 bucks online, and it is the soul reason I was able to grow some of the more challenging exotics recently.. This may just be my opinion, but this hobby has a lot of things that are mandatory if you want to get serious about it, and a lot of them are not cheap... However, if you really enjoy this and are in this for the long term, then you can acquire them over time like i did so its not as hard on your wallet. I really think the humidifier and timers are mandatory for species that like humidity but hate getting their caps wet. However with a humidifier you will not want to have that thing on for 30 minute intervals, you will probably want to have it on for 5 minute intervals about every hour and a half. Good luck, and im always here if you have questions.

Thank You So much. I did order a reptile humidifier and an Inkbird controller. I have the bottom part of my tub painted black. I am going to get the hole saw and I have Polyfill for the holes once I cut them. The sub and grain I will be using is from North Spore. They have a video showing how to do it. I plan to follow their TEK if I am saying that right. Gotta get used to the lingo. You help means a lot to me. Thank You  :biggrin:  :excl:

#27 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:11 AM

it is a 12/12 light cycle my friend. Also, yes my trip was pretty crazy, the dosing for penis envys uncut and other cubensis are quite different, so keep that in mind if they are the strain you are looking to try cultivating. When taking penis envys you should keep in mind that 2 grams can equal between 5 to 10 grams of other cubensis... at least that is what my studies suggest.. You are going to want to go to wally world or Petsmart or somewhere and go get a reptile terrarium timer so you can set your light cycle on a constant 12/12.. I would get one of the timers that have 8 outlets, with 4 being timer outlets, and the other half being a constant complete circuit. They are truly amazing devices that are super helpful.. Also look into investing into a tropical reptile terrarium humidifier, I bought one for 40 bucks online, and it is the soul reason I was able to grow some of the more challenging exotics recently.. This may just be my opinion, but this hobby has a lot of things that are mandatory if you want to get serious about it, and a lot of them are not cheap... However, if you really enjoy this and are in this for the long term, then you can acquire them over time like i did so its not as hard on your wallet. I really think the humidifier and timers are mandatory for species that like humidity but hate getting their caps wet. However with a humidifier you will not want to have that thing on for 30 minute intervals, you will probably want to have it on for 5 minute intervals about every hour and a half. Good luck, and im always here if you have questions.

Thank You So much. I did order a reptile humidifier and an Inkbird controller. I have the bottom part of my tub painted black. I am going to get the hole saw and I have Polyfill for the holes once I cut them. The sub and grain I will be using is from North Spore. They have a video showing how to do it. I plan to follow their TEK if I am saying that right. Gotta get used to the lingo. You help means a lot to me. Thank You :excl:
Good luck! And remember not to give up, sometimes it takes a few tries to get some success in this hobby... But success is never far away. Feel free to DM me with any questions you may have. Also just a quick tip for you, you can save yourself a lot of failure and contamination by getting a tote, and cutting 2 arm holes in it, and using that as a still-air-box to do all your inoculating in. You still have to sanitize the crap out of it every time right before you use it (i wipe the entire inside down with alcohol wipes, as well as everything i put inside of it, as well as spraying lysol into both arm holes after closing the lid with all materials inside 2 minutes prior to beginning), and don't try to attach the gloves to the box, as its better to just put on a fresh pair of disposable gloves every time you use it. It just greatly reduces your chances of contamination if you do it correctly, and is the cheapest option when compared to an actual $200 SAB or a $700 HEPA filter . I have had a 100% success rate since i started using this method. Though it is far from the best, it can be just as good for agar transfers, spore print to agar, inoculating anything, and other things that you need to open and keep sterile at the same time. I hope you have as much beginners luck as i did, lol.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Edited by ChocolateStarfish, 30 June 2020 - 09:24 AM.

• PCaddict likes this

#28 PCaddict

PCaddict

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

it is a 12/12 light cycle my friend. Also, yes my trip was pretty crazy, the dosing for penis envys uncut and other cubensis are quite different, so keep that in mind if they are the strain you are looking to try cultivating. When taking penis envys you should keep in mind that 2 grams can equal between 5 to 10 grams of other cubensis... at least that is what my studies suggest.. You are going to want to go to wally world or Petsmart or somewhere and go get a reptile terrarium timer so you can set your light cycle on a constant 12/12.. I would get one of the timers that have 8 outlets, with 4 being timer outlets, and the other half being a constant complete circuit. They are truly amazing devices that are super helpful.. Also look into investing into a tropical reptile terrarium humidifier, I bought one for 40 bucks online, and it is the soul reason I was able to grow some of the more challenging exotics recently.. This may just be my opinion, but this hobby has a lot of things that are mandatory if you want to get serious about it, and a lot of them are not cheap... However, if you really enjoy this and are in this for the long term, then you can acquire them over time like i did so its not as hard on your wallet. I really think the humidifier and timers are mandatory for species that like humidity but hate getting their caps wet. However with a humidifier you will not want to have that thing on for 30 minute intervals, you will probably want to have it on for 5 minute intervals about every hour and a half. Good luck, and im always here if you have questions.

Thank You So much. I did order a reptile humidifier and an Inkbird controller. I have the bottom part of my tub painted black. I am going to get the hole saw and I have Polyfill for the holes once I cut them. The sub and grain I will be using is from North Spore. They have a video showing how to do it. I plan to follow their TEK if I am saying that right. Gotta get used to the lingo. You help means a lot to me. Thank You :excl:
Good luck! And remember not to give up, sometimes it takes a few tries to get some success in this hobby... But success is never far away. Feel free to DM me with any questions you may have. Also just a quick tip for you, you can save yourself a lot of failure and contamination by getting a tote, and cutting 2 arm holes in it, and using that as a still-air-box to do all your inoculating in. You still have to sanitize the crap out of it every time right before you use it (i wipe the entire inside down with alcohol wipes, as well as everything i put inside of it, as well as spraying lysol into both arm holes after closing the lid with all materials inside 2 minutes prior to beginning), and don't try to attach the gloves to the box, as its better to just put on a fresh pair of disposable gloves every time you use it. It just greatly reduces your chances of contamination if you do it correctly, and is the cheapest option when compared to an actual $200 SAB or a $700 HEPA filter . I have had a 100% success rate since i started using this method. Though it is far from the best, it can be just as good for agar transfers, spore print to agar, inoculating anything, and other things that you need to open and keep sterile at the same time. I hope you have as much beginners luck as i did, lol.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Man Thank you so much for the info. I got grain bags from North Spore so I will make a still air box to Inoculate the grain bags in I may get it started this weekend or some time next week , Have a GREAT 4th of July weekend 

#29 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

You too PCaddict! Glad I could help! 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!