• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:14 AM

Are all bagseeds destined to be junk? I had a really low quality ounce from a few months ago which I was encouraged to use for edibles (and I did) but I removed a lot of seeds first hoping I could get something to grow. I.e. I hate the price of a plant I can grow in my backyard. I took about 3 of them, put them in potting soil in a window for a few weeks, but they haven't budged. I have a few more left to try something with.

With all of this isolation, I'm down to a half oz and kicking myself for not having more on hand. i'm good to go on food and everything else, just wish I was about 3 weeks ahead in my grow plans.

Any advise for making the best out of a handful of junky seeds? I know there's a lot of information out there, but after lurking on the forum for a bit, you guys are now my most trusted source of information. I apologize if it's a silly question - still trying to get the hang out of jumping into a new community. 

• Rhyno likes this

#2 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 705 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:11 PM

I've gotta bagseed grow going right now and it's straight fire! Check out the LED grow thread right here in the grassroots section if you wanna see pics. So yeah, it is possible to get great genetics from bagseed

#3 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 705 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2020 - 12:49 PM

Here I just snapped a fresh pic for you. This was grown from bagseed. I found 5 seeds, they all popped and 2 were female. These genetics are just as good as or better than the other strain I'm growing which i paid $20 per seed for

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200320_134505.jpg

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#4 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:32 AM

So there's hope!

Awesome herbage, man. Nice pic, too. Looks angelic!

#5 Rhyno

Rhyno

1%

• OG VIP
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:11 PM

I've seen some amazing bag seed plants produce straight fire smoke in the right growers hands.  As to your original question you should find everything you need to learn here amongst the pages of this forum.

First resource I would suggest is this:https://mycotopia.ne...-over-grow-faq/

Read all that to pass the time in the coming days and it should answer most of your questions.

Welcome to the forum and stay healthy. 

• Foxdogg likes this

#6 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:40 PM

I've seen some amazing bag seed plants produce straight fire smoke in the right growers hands.  As to your original question you should find everything you need to learn here amongst the pages of this forum.

First resource I would suggest is this:https://mycotopia.ne...-over-grow-faq/

Read all that to pass the time in the coming days and it should answer most of your questions.

Welcome to the forum and stay healthy. 

Thanks for the response - I really appreciate it. 

#7 Foxdogg

Foxdogg

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:51 AM

I actually took a shot and ordered some feminized seeds from a bank in my own country, so I'll have some parallel efforts here.

I'm pretty psyched, but I'm probably not getting them for 2 weeks. I'll prep my gear, I guess. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!