4 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,576 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:07 PM

Little birdie dropped these off this morning. I'm planning on putting them on a windowsill and neglecting them for the next couple of months (it's autumn here). I'm assuming they don't need a terrible amount of water... Do they shrink/go wrinkly noticeably when they do need a drink?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF7357.JPG

• wharfrat and Boebs like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:17 PM

Little birdie dropped these off this morning. I'm planning on putting them on a windowsill and neglecting them for the next couple of months (it's autumn here). I'm assuming they don't need a terrible amount of water... Do they shrink/go wrinkly noticeably when they do need a drink?

they get smaller, if they get to the point of shriveling means they been dry a very long time, or in a high heat situation. they don't need much water at all.. mine go several months during winter with no water at all. they always stay in the windowsill, they are very happy there. I tried outdoors once but quickly learned they do no like full sun for very long  :mellow:

• Skywatcher and scott_1971_h like this

#3 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:35 AM

Having not watered my lophs for months, they were shriveling and getting soft to the touch. For lophs that's nothing serious when temperature is about 50 F.

In spring time I found out that they were supported from condensing water originating on the window. The substrate got a bit humidity. They can live for months on that.

• scott_1971_h likes this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,571 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:27 PM

windosilophophora_001.jpg

the "windosilophophora" is very easy to care for....and eye-dropper full of water every so often (more later than sooner) and a nice windowsill....

Happy Cacti

:thumbs_up2:

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, scott_1971_h and 1 other like this

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:51 PM

I wait untill mine feel soft, a slight squeeze and you'll know.
Once they get soft a litte water goes along way
  • Arathu, Skywatcher, scott_1971_h and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!