• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 larryl

larryl

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:36 AM

Hoping that this is not off topic for this site. I think there is a place for it elsewhere on this site when I'm off probation.

I'm seeing the value of ibogaine therapy in many individuals. The actual chemical is effective at around the 1 gram dose. Iboga root bark is touted to be around 15% ibogaine alkaloids by weight. 

Does anyone have interest in discussing? I'm also looking for entheogenic combinations with or without other medications to best emulate the ibogaine experience, given its difficulty in access to the effective drug until I can visit a therapy site. 

• Boebs likes this

#2 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 407 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:55 PM

I would love to know more about it, I'm into growing as many ethgons as possible. Do you have access to seeds or living plant?

#3 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,801 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:05 PM

I'm also looking for entheogenic combinations with or without other medications to best emulate the ibogaine experience, given its difficulty in access to the effective drug until I can visit a therapy site. 

I don't have too much to offer but, from my understanding, you're not going to be successful at finding anything or combining other things to emulate ibogaine - it's an experience unto itself.

Calaquendi was our resident expert but I see he hasn't been around since Aug '19. I hope he's ok and hasn't succumbed to his demons. I know Rise has some experience with it, maybe he'll drop by.

• larryl likes this

#4 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:10 PM

My mom has tried to grow Tabernanthe Iboga inside. They grew quickly at first, but had trouble keeping alive throughout the year.  All the leaves fell off eventually. After they had been neglected on the balcony during cold/rainy weather the next year they started growing again so they were moved back inside, only to again lose all its leaves later that year.

I'm not sure of the specifics of what it requires to be grown, perhaps higher temperatures and more humidity. One of the few plants my mom had trouble with growing, not very forgiving. I think it should just fit your climate or it won't work.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 26 March 2020 - 07:11 PM.

• larryl likes this

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,015 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

Calaquendi was our resident expert but I see he hasn't been around since Aug '19. I hope he's ok and hasn't succumbed to his demons. I know Rise has some experience with it, maybe he'll drop by.

With sadness and not a lot of info or details, I'm afraid you may have nailed it. Calaquendi passed away in Aug '19.

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 March 2020 - 07:29 PM.

• Boebs likes this

#6 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,801 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:12 PM

With sadness and not a lot of info or details, I'm afraid you may have nailed it. Calaquendi passed away in Aug '19.

Fuck. This sucks, though I expected it when I hadn't heard from him. He fucking passed the last month he checked in here? Fuck! I generally avoid getting attached to people online and, I wasn't necessarily "attached" but, I really liked Cal a lot and enjoyed his contributions.

Thanks for letting me know, mikey.

Edited by August West, 26 March 2020 - 08:54 PM.

• coorsmikey and roscoe like this

#7 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:20 PM

I saw his name in the recent threads que, and came here immediately hoping to chat him up.

My heart just sank. 

I hope it was easy for him.

He was always here to help talk me through rough trips, and give much appreciated insight.

We have lost some really good folks around here in the years I've been around. Some I knew IRL and some only from here.  It never hurts any less

• August West likes this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,006 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:20 AM

I have some experience with Ibogaine.  A friend of mine, former roommate who was one of two people who introduced me to this forum way back when, used Ibogaine to get off of opiates. His first experience was with a shaman, or at least self proclaimed shaman in Amsterdam. He flew there from the states for the treatment and stayed with Soma's daughter when there....

Ibogaine is hard on the heart and it is suggested that you get and EKG before partaking...

The problem he had, was that after it worked to get off opiates, he used it as a crutch. He believed it was no big deal if he got hooked again because he could use this to get off... The first two times he used it, everything went great... He was able to get off opiates with no issues... The third time he tried to do it, his heart stopped, he fell into a coma for over a month, and when he came out of the coma, he had suffered brain damage. He struggled to walk and speak after...

The trip is more like visions that slide in and out of perception and is unlike many hallucinogens I have experienced...

I would be careful with this one and at the very least, ensure you are fit and in good health

Edited by PJammer24, 27 March 2020 - 10:38 AM.

#9 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 839 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:36 PM

I am so so so sorry for jacking this thread up with a huge huge post.

I’ll delete it if I can or something if it’s not classy or if the OP doesn’t agree with this post being here. I believe it’s relevant although it’s nearly all speculative/ rhetoric because I am not quoting and siting things, and also because nearly all of the information I’ve gained is through the knowledge related to me and other via the inter web mostly Erowid.com but other places to which I don’t remember atm it’s just the biggest one..

I’ve always been very intensely interested with iboga, I am currently a patient of a methadone clinic and have been for several years. I don’t think I’m ready to quit tho, because although methadone doesn’t get me high when I take it at the same time everyday, I infrequently forgo taking it a day and then only take a fifth of a bottle in liquid form as I’m prescribed so that the day after I can get a buz..

I tried quitting on suboxone before I started methadone and I just got right back into smoking heroine because I thought I’ve been so good I can dip my toes back into and dabble but that turned into binging. I got on methadone after that and have successfully stayed away from all other opiates AND drinking ( I was a horrible drunkard!) and a lot of that is thanks to methadone.

Although, when I am ready to quit, if I could essentially take iboga root bark or what have you, and experience zero to minimal withdrawal, my god that would be amazing!

I have read into the medical jargon of its theories of mechanisms it works on in this aspect. Apparently it successfully “disrupts” opiate and possibly dopamine receptors but I might be remembering that dopamine part incorrectly. Anyways it will set you back to baseline. This also means that your tolerance to opiates has been reset, and so people could effectively kill themselves if they go back to using at the same amount of mg they were taking before the inboga. And people have died.

One woman died during her therapy and no one understood why they checked her purse what was in the room, and there was tin foil with what they believe was burnt heroine. It’s nearly impossible to die smoking heroine because it’s accumulative and adds up as you smoke. You don’t receive the rush you get that IV users chase constantly.

It’s such a fast acting opiate that your first hit smoking is already done and gone for the most part by the time of the last hit and for several hours after smoking you remain high/ sedated for the most part but it’s not the quick fast rush of euphoria it’s more like taking a bunch of Vicodin almost so I never shot up before tried once but anyway,. I don’t understand if she died from smoking but she was literally still tripping and alone in her room with her headphones and she could call for any help she wanted.

I’ve read that a recurring lucid visual journey in which you interact with is that of the spirit of iboga whom identifies with the tribe of humans of Africa of which country I can’t remember atm but is many many thousands of years old supposedly. But, what he is actively doing is coming into your field of vision and poking in to check on you and he might even a couple weeks after your session just appear and check on you in your dreams or daydreams.

I have read many trip reports in which he repeatedly pounds the spiritual truth, that you are adequate. That you need nothing from without to survive and enjoy your life. To be happy without the use of any outside influence including but not limited to drugs. And this is what people whom are trying to quit opiates see, other people whom are interested in iboga for some sort of occult reason, ( I mean occult in its literal and not it’s pop culture definition, it is a term used to describe that which is undefined, hidden, a hint or suggestion of a clandestine truth) they may be taught myriad other lessons.

I don’t know how much of the research on the subjective reports I’ve read are reliable, let me tell you what people who did not enjoy and got very little from this therapy have related to the inter web of people.

Sorry I am not siting my sources majority is from Erowid.com. They report a ringing in their ears that is very annoying. No visions at all a foggy head and discomfort that isn’t enjoyable at all. I believe most of these negative reports are from people that went into the therapy with prejudice or were only there for the opiate disruption aspect and are not spiritual or agnostic,. Something to these affects.

What they all report is ringing of the ears,. And the visions are said to be CEV’s (closed eye visuals) that are very unique in that as soon as you look around quickly move in any way or blink will disappear, and so, if you are in a crazy kaleidoscopic vision and can not handle all that you have to do is open your eyes.

Something that I personally like to do often is meditate and I often have obe’s before and after sleep. I am super excited to one day try this but it sounds a bit scary in that people have died from this drug or a relation or coalescence of factors that come together to end someone’s life.

One last thing that I want to say is that people that have talked to this African male spirit of iboga say things like people of his tribe / cult will pop in and check in on you for the next few weeks and that the people whom are initiated in this clan of people are watched and protected and advised by him,. Supposedly he had a human body a very very very long time ago and has lived many times and does not require a body anymore and I fact to accomplish his goal, becoming a plant teacher spirit was his best and perfect option to heal and help the people of the world whom he loves.

Again sorry for jacking this thread just trying to put this all in one place for anyone interested. Let me know if have any questions.

Love,
Dark

#10 larryl

larryl

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

No apologies necessary. Thank you all for your comments. They all seem appropriate. I have much to offer on this topic and will continue when I have a bit of time.

Sadness for the passing of Cala, one of our experts. May he contribute to contribute much in his next life and be remembered for how he helped us in this one.

I hope to update you later today. Just wanted to respond for now to acknowledge your contributions to this thread. Thank you.

#11 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,064 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:45 PM

go here   https://thenook.org/mybb/

the worlds' second leading expert, after good ole' Cal, resides there

make a thread with ibogaine in the title

Cal did a lot of threads on ibogaine. Do a word search here and you'll probably get an answer you're looking for

IIRC ibogaine must be dosed correctly. too much and you may never get back closer to earth than Andromeda, and there are some serious toxicity issues at higher than correct theraputic dosing

good luck with the search. do keep us in your loop.

#12 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 839 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:26 PM

Pharmer, good man. :D

#13 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 839 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:27 PM

Hope you have good luck! Msg me sometime, guy!

#14 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,801 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:23 PM

I'm pretty sure eboka.info was started by Cal, as well. No idea how active it is but there's probably some good info there, too.

#15 larryl

larryl

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:45 AM

Thanks, Pharmer. Interesting web site. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!