• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ElvenMagick

ElvenMagick

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:15 AM

I just finished Fantastic Mushrooms the film with Paul Stamets, as well as others I was less familiar with, this evening and its a highly recommended film. Paul deserves all of our support for the work he is doing. In fact much of his work is most likely responsible for the existence of this site I would imagine as he is a pillar in the field and has done more for waking our consciousness in terms of the mycological world than any other individual. Perhaps soon we these wonderful relatives of ours will be more accepted by the cultural we all exist in currently.

• roc, OldBear, HeathM and 2 others like this

#2 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,048 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to 'Topia!

• ElvenMagick likes this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,004 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 April 2020 - 07:32 PM

I hope you don't mind that I edited the title to the name of the movie, it will make it much easier for folks to find. Especially during these times people are able to watch from home. https://fantasticfungi.com

• OldBear, Moonless, flashingrooster and 1 other like this

#4 porkmander

porkmander

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I have two of his books on the way to hopefully grow a few gourmet mushrooms.

• ElvenMagick likes this

#5 2Ape2

2Ape2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:40 PM

Absolutely fantastic film.  Cinematography alone makes it worth watching but wrap in the depth of information.  If I could only pick one word to describe what I took away from the moving, it is hope.  Hope that this is finally the way to clearly planes.  

• ElvenMagick likes this

#6 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 154 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:49 AM

The Fantastic Fungi movie will stream this Sunday 4/19/20 as a part of the Bicycle Day celebration & the Sacred Solidarity on-line festival.  https://www.thespore...cred-solidarity

• Moonless, YoshiTrainer, ElvenMagick and 1 other like this

#7 2Ape2

2Ape2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:03 AM

The Fantastic Fungi movie will stream this Sunday 4/19/20 as a part of the Bicycle Day celebration & the Sacred Solidarity on-line festival.  https://www.thespore...cred-solidarity

Thank you.  I have registered!

• Moonless likes this

#8 SuperSilver

SuperSilver

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:58 PM

I saw it here in Santa Cruz influenced by Cyanescens. The film was epic I just wish Stamets had better questions asked during the Q&A.

They were very basic and the information is very easy to find in the film, his books or on his website.

Although, he did ask who all had a consumed psilocybe mushrooms. He then was left needing to ask who HAD NOT had an experience and it was less then 5 people. 

It was a great journey.  

• wharfrat likes this

#9 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,702 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:08 PM

I saw it here in Santa Cruz influenced by Cyanescens. The film was epic I just wish Stamets had better questions asked during the Q&A.

They were very basic and the information is very easy to find in the film, his books or on his website.

Although, he did ask who all had a consumed psilocybe mushrooms. He then was left needing to ask who HAD NOT had an experience and it was less then 5 people. 

It was a great journey.  

welcome to topia

#10 changuar

changuar

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 07:44 AM

This is a fantastic film!

The time lapse shots and breathtakingly stunning cinematography are world class, truly a beautiful production. I imagine most of the fungiphiles around these parts will be familiar with most of the information presented, but it packages it up so nicely and is a perfect way to share this information with others.

Edited by coorsmikey, 28 April 2020 - 08:13 AM.
Links on introductory post appear as spam. Almost spam banned but the content was at least related

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!