• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:32 PM

I am aware that there is a school of thought that all cubensis varieties, on the average, produce an identical trip with any perceived varietal variation being an illusion resulting from bias and a fundamental lack of understanding of statistics.

I am not one of those people, and this question is not for those people :tongue:

On mushrooms one somatic 'side effect' I often experience is what I have come to term 'psychedelic shivers'. Its the uncontrollable shivering, like shivering from cold but it happens when perfectly warm. Almost like a mild strychnine effect, I assume many of you know this phenomena.

I've never really tracked the effect, it's just a minor annoyance I've tried to ignore like the compulsive yawning, but the trip I took yesterday has for the first time made me question if this is a genetically influenced heritable trait that could be reduced with breeding.

The incident that made me question this was accidentally breeding a monokaryotic strain of a potent variety to the spores of a half strength mutant line. The F1 progeny was maddeningly weak like the mutant parent but the somatic effects stood out. While my 7 gram dose felt like 3 grams in all high functioning psychedelic effects, some somatic effects were as potent as with any 7 gram trip. In particular, protracted stimulation and psychedelic shivering leading into and through the peak.

I'm already convinced that stimulant character is a heritable trait. Some varieties, like Transkei, stand out as being so energetic that I have no hope of sleeping at the tail end of a trip while on other varieties I can get several hours sleep before sunrise. But, until now, I've blatantly ignored any genetic pattern in psychedelic shivers. I haven't tracked it one bit.

Has anyone payed close attention to this characteristic and found varieties that clearly and consistently produce more, or less, of that shivering?

If I could breed that out of a few lines I would be so, so happy :laugh:

• Arathu, CatsAndBats, Boebs and 2 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,860 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:30 PM

edibles do that to me, can't say I have ever had it on psychs, but I probably have. edibles everytime 

#3 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,174 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:32 PM

I always took the shivers as the energy of the mushrooms surging threw my body. They come threw like waves usually changing the course of the visuals threw the vibrations:)

Id like to know if it is an effect of a certain chemical presences in them or at least it could cause full body termers.
  • ElrikEriksson likes this

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,451 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:08 PM

you're a horrible person. breeding children to accomodate one drug over another????

my gawd, man! what's next? breeding women for wider hips and nymphomania?

JK

• Arathu, Boebs and ElrikEriksson like this

#5 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:33 AM

People would just take too long.

I'm trying to breed Trichocereus and after a decade I'm still on the first generation. I don't think they like the north, its as slow as breeding people.

That leaves mushrooms :wink:

While pondering this hybrid and completing my notes I may have had a wacky bonus idea for breeding. It wasn't just the shivers and the stimulation that was still at full strength while the psych effects were diminished, I also was blocked from orgasm until just before bed and still got there only with noteworthy difficulty [TMI? sorry, lol].

Mushrooms don't block my sexual function but do delay orgasm tremendously, especially at 7 grams or higher where I like to go soulflying. A variety that will let me last hours without having me tripping out of my skull could be a useful trick.

I'll hold on to the F2 prints just in case I find a girlfriend after this crazy pandemic thing concludes. :wink:

#6 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 925 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:33 AM

I think that B+ gave me more shivers than PES Hawaii. I still got shivers from PES Hawaii but I put on warm clothes a hat and a shawl and felt good and warm

• ElrikEriksson likes this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,174 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:56 AM

I usaly only get shivers with cubes, any type.
Never have them with cyans tho.
  • Moonless and ElrikEriksson like this

#8 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2020 - 05:38 PM

I ate about 5 grams of dried ovoids and the onset of the trip involved uncontrolled shivering and shaking, maybe it's quivering, to the point of just sitting down and melting into the ground (couldn't ID the floor any more). 

Several hours later I made it to my bed and stayed under the covers except to get up and go take a piss....quite regularly in fact. I sleep and wake up and then sleep again and wake up.....maybe...sometimes I'm not sure. 

This social distancing thing is good for psychonauts, especially ones that don't want to have to try and answer the question....."what the fuck was that all about" or have an ambulance called for you.... hahahaha

I've definitely shivered...mo than once.....really good weed too actually even worse than mushrooms.......

:blink:

A

Edited by Arathu, 15 April 2020 - 05:59 PM.

• ElrikEriksson and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!