• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:37 AM

hey guys wanted to make some dank edibles for me and some friends! i can get my hands on live resin or shatter wax so was thinking of getting a couple grams and de carbinh it in the oven. problem i don’t know how to really. When i de card i read to add a teaspoon of oil to help make it not stick the wax. then once the oil is de carded” do i had to oil? can i de card shatter and add it to butter as well?? thus making canna butter??? or is it just oil. lol sorry just trynna understand fully. because some recipes say oil, some say butter, i’m just trynna see what works best with shatter, i’m guessing oil but yeah! if anyone has a recipe with canna oil and gummies or cookies lmk!

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,698 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:34 AM

Just my opinion, but I would not waste shatter or good oil to make edibles. That product is already refined and concentrated. You would not decarboxylate it.

For the money you would spend on those high end products, you can get a good amount of trim or bud, and make your canna butter or canna oil from that.

There is some excellent info here:

https://mycotopia.ne...y/#entry1249939

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 April 2020 - 08:44 AM.

• onediadem, coorsmikey, OldBear and 2 others like this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,534 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:33 AM

The medical cannabis operations use shatter or wax for baking. The problem is you need to know the strength of the concentrate and you'll need to calculate how much to use in the recipe. You can overdose and concentrated oil is no joke when it comes to using it in edibles.

You don't need to decarboxylate wax or shatter. It has already been done during the post-extraction vacuum purging process.

Save your concentrate for vaping. Use kief if you can lay hands on it.

I prefer using coconut oil for hash extraction. It is less work than butter and seems to last longer. Also, coconut oil substitutes as both an oil or as butter in recipes. Just put in the amount called for in the instructions (of either oil or butter) and you're good.

Here's a discussion I found:

https://mycotopia.ne...l-for-brownies/

• OldBear, Cuboid, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#4 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 157 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:35 AM

Gotta agree with Skye 100%, but if you’re really psyched to make some edibles & have rosin available, then how’s about some fruity pebbles krispy treats?  I can give you the recipe I use (& get rave reviews).  Melt 5 tablespoons of cannabis-infused unrefined coconut oil in a large nonstick sauce pan over medium heat.  Add a 10oz bag of little fruity marshmallows & stir constantly until the marshmallows are all melted.  Reduce heat to low.  Add 5 cups of fruity pebbles cereal & stir until uniformly coated.  Pour into an 8” x 8” baking pan lined with parchment paper.  Press into corners until all is level.  Cool & cut into 16 pieces.

The trick is going to be dosing properly.  My kids got me a book about edibles that starts with “Let’s make some tasty edibles, and let’s not fuck up our friends”.  Given the purity of the concentrates available today, my thought is that you would simply add the rosin to the unrefined coconut oil while heating & melting it.  You’re shooting for 16 doses, so what quantity of rosin would you add?  Sorry, but I’m not savvy enough about rosin to give you a good answer.  I typically use cannabis bud (which I decarboxylate at 250°F for 30 minutes. - but you will not need to do this with rosin).  Just checked my notes & the last batch of coconut oil I made used 23.5g of Dark Horse strain (indica) into 16 fluid oz of unrefined coconut oil.  

Anyone know how much rosin equals an ounce of bud so stonnerkidd can convert & get busy?

• stonnerkidd likes this

#5 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 157 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:40 AM

Hey Myc!  How about the coconut oil synchronicity?  Was nice harmonically resonating with ya!

• Myc and Skywatcher like this

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,534 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:49 AM

I thought it was ironic that we were typing - essentially - the same message. LOL!!

• Skywatcher and OldBear like this

#7 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:45 PM

I know that coconut oil is doable, but I prefer the decadence of butter.

• Skywatcher likes this

#8 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:53 AM

Just my opinion, but I would not waste shatter or good oil to make edibles. That product is already refined and concentrated. You would not decarboxylate it.
For the money you would spend on those high end products, you can get a good amount of trim or bud, and make your canna butter or canna oil from that.

There is some excellent info here:
https://mycotopia.ne...y/#entry1249939

i’m in so cal i can get shatter for 8$ to 20$ for good quality. and 8 being like house shatter at most clinics. would only cost me 50$ for 5 g instead of buying some trim half oz or baby nugs for 60-80$ and then doing it like that.

#9 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 03:59 AM

Gotta agree with Skye 100%, but if you’re really psyched to make some edibles & have rosin available, then how’s about some fruity pebbles krispy treats? I can give you the recipe I use (& get rave reviews). Melt 5 tablespoons of cannabis-infused unrefined coconut oil in a large nonstick sauce pan over medium heat. Add a 10oz bag of little fruity marshmallows & stir constantly until the marshmallows are all melted. Reduce heat to low. Add 5 cups of fruity pebbles cereal & stir until uniformly coated. Pour into an 8” x 8” baking pan lined with parchment paper. Press into corners until all is level. Cool & cut into 16 pieces.

The trick is going to be dosing properly. My kids got me a book about edibles that starts with “Let’s make some tasty edibles, and let’s not fuck up our friends”. Given the purity of the concentrates available today, my thought is that you would simply add the rosin to the unrefined coconut oil while heating & melting it. You’re shooting for 16 doses, so what quantity of rosin would you add? Sorry, but I’m not savvy enough about rosin to give you a good answer. I typically use cannabis bud (which I decarboxylate at 250°F for 30 minutes. - but you will not need to do this with rosin). Just checked my notes & the last batch of coconut oil I made used 23.5g of Dark Horse strain (indica) into 16 fluid oz of unrefined coconut oil.

Anyone know how much rosin equals an ounce of bud so stonnerkidd can convert & get busy?

bro i made them in my head while i read. lmaooo but thanks mane that recipe sounds crazy fire. And i would saaaay maybe 50-60 max THC range on the shatter. i can get crumble too little better maybe potent wise. it’s pretty gold shatter too notbing brown. lol. but 16 does hmmm maybe 100-200 a piece be cool. i can give with big warning

Edited by stonnerkidd, 18 April 2020 - 04:04 AM.

#10 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:07 AM

i can get this sugar wax and badder for 15 and its prettttttty good. would this also work? i wouldn’t mind putting fire in fire out? or would this be better off dabbing and getting another step down quality. and thanks again guys big help.

Attached Thumbnails

• B6FF4967-C0BA-408D-86D8-C3B096949F59.jpeg
  • F0A6138A-BF54-4A26-B2D0-9EBE9AC01B03.jpeg

Edited by stonnerkidd, 18 April 2020 - 04:10 AM.

#11 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:57 AM

I rock a twenty dollar stove top espresso maker and use butter. Put it in my coffee and tea instead of milk

This 60$ item is identical in function to

butter-maker.jpg

To this 20$ one. The only difference is the shape of the body and volume of butter you can make

PES-3306-espresso-alum-6cup-3-4-view-e15

Edited by flashingrooster, 18 April 2020 - 08:57 AM.

#12 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

i can get this sugar wax and badder for 15 and its prettttttty good. would this also work? i wouldn’t mind putting fire in fire out? or would this be better off dabbing and getting another step down quality. and thanks again guys big help.

I don't see why you couldn't use it. I have never tried myself but I find those to be the tastiest licks for dab hits so I use it for that. The flavour is unbeatable, you can taste those terps

I mean I would guess that is hot pressed right out of the plant so what would be the harm of cooking with it? The only concern I could see would be properly dispersing the concentrated form into your edible. Although that stuff is pretty soft it may stir in well

Edited by flashingrooster, 18 April 2020 - 09:04 AM.

#13 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:42 PM

I don't see why you couldn't use it. I have never tried myself but I find those to be the tastiest licks for dab hits so I use it for that. The flavour is unbeatable, you can taste those terps

I mean I would guess that is hot pressed right out of the plant so what would be the harm of cooking with it? The only concern I could see would be properly dispersing the concentrated form into your edible. Although that stuff is pretty soft it may stir in well
could i use this device with wax? can i just add coconut oil or butter inside and the wax? or just herb? would be really handy.

#14 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 April 2020 - 10:02 AM

I have not tried oil in it yet. I think your simplest solution would be to use the herb to make butter, and just dab the concentrates. 

The idea with the espresso maker is that it has a mesh screen that you can place decarboxilated herb into. Overkill for mixing with concentrates.

I suppose if you wanted, you could try and see if the sugar is soluble in butter or oil. Warm up your medium for easy mixing purposes and add the sugar all in a non stick pan. See if it mix's together. You would have instant butter or oil no need to simmer it

Experiment and post your results :biggrin:

Edited by flashingrooster, 19 April 2020 - 10:05 AM.

• stonnerkidd likes this

#15 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 07:34 PM

Holy Moley, well I use a reclaim drop down on my rig and I save so much! I get the live resin reclaim and mix it with little coconuts oil in capsules! BAM! Edibles real fast. Added soy lithethin or whatever the word is to help process the THC thru the body. get your buck worth. But I have extra wax gunna make some Grade A coconut oil and then I have my plants hash still!!! And I still got more plants!!! Gunna be willllyyyy wonky sooon. Lmao I was planning on making a couple batches. Looking at it now. I have a new hobby every weekend for a bit lmaooo. Will have updates and stuff soon guys! Gunna do a lot
  • FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#16 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:43 PM

Getting to the point of not having to worry about running out is a great day for a stoner. I used to buy in bulk for that reason, that is until I learned how to stick a seed in some soil and add lights and water. :cool:

Nice to hear the blends worked out for you

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!