26 replies to this topic

#1 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,299 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:10 PM

I haven't had the guts to do it in quite a while. All the negativity going around just leaves me feeling like this is a bad time.

But for those of you who are bold and adventurous enough, has anything changed? Are the shroom-realms what they used to be? Anything new?

I ask because I remember Terence once saying that as more people were experiencing psychedelics and history was marching forward, that the trips were changing as if the mind-space we visit becomes altered with our presence there.

I wonder if the same phenomenon is happening today.

- Darci.

Edited by darci, 20 April 2020 - 02:11 PM.

• Myc, coorsmikey, swayambhu and 1 other like this

#2 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 423 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:51 PM

With the pandemic onset, my trips were almost into inner fears and yearning for death (positive transformation of the mind). Also sense of no control over the whole situation and over my body was a big issue for me during my trips for a while. I trip once every week.
Then after 3 to 4 trips all was gone! No more fear over the situation, although objectively it got worse all over the place. I tried to tune into the death theme out of habit and all I got back was boredom.
Something changed by then. Now I come in resonance to consciousness trips, way beyond the emotional or mental body. I felt collective consciousness (and my own homemade brew of consciousness of course) cleansed and more in harmony with the planet. I could understand Covid-19 as a whole, not only encapsulated by my own fear or judgemental thought.
Now in my trips I pass the death theme and go into what I am (not what I would be) beyond death.
I do it with an intention to explore consciousness that unfolds in the moments of thoughtlessness.
I know the world is still in a miserable state and I could be dead in a month or so. But I feel accustomed to the situation. More than others at least, who do not have the opportunity of exploration of this kind.
However it's not everyone's take. My last realization was my ego occupies the space of consciousness. My ego is blown off during my trips and I have access to so much more pure consciousness, weightless and without any bias.
It's hard then to observe the ego taking back its space when I start coming down again. I learn to love it, the only way to handle that. I learn also that without the ego I couldn't survive. I think this dichotomy of ego and consciousness, that could be a big theme right now in our collective consciousness.
  • riseabovethought, Wimzers, ElPirana and 2 others like this

#3 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 02:59 PM

I've tripped weekly the whole time this has been going on. I nearly skipped one when we thought my mother had been exposed, exposure was ruled out and I got to trip as planned.

My trips have been largely the same. Some anxiety at doses high enough to likely cause anxiety anyway, like 12+ grams. I'm not afraid for myself as I'm confident I'll be fine but if my mother goes I'll have essentially no family left. No one at all, really.

My last trip was great, 9 grams I expected to be slightly light turned out to be full strength and quite fun.

I really need to get in my lab and make some mescaline and isolated harmine, I'm due for a good strong mescaline+harmine trip.

It's up to each person to judge if they are fit to trip. But then once its in you abandon all doubt, just fully trust your sober self that you can take it and you'll do fine.

Even when I've dosed things so heavy I loose all my memories and don't know whats going on I've managed to retain some sense that an entity that understood the situation was sure I was safe, even when I couldn't remember that I was that entity.

• Coopdog, riseabovethought, Wimzers and 4 others like this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,745 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:40 PM

Low doses, a few one gram episodes of mush for this fella. Twas pretty much the same for me

One weird moment when my friend text me that his neighbour got covid, it was the first instance of it in our immediate area. For a little while there I was wishing I was not high, then the fear faded and was all good

I was thinking, reality is almost all the trip we need right now. As far as finding these breakthrough or life changing moments per say. My lenses have been altered for sure. So many aspects of life you are used to doing a certain way out of convenience or whatever the case may be. All this drastic change of daily life interaction gets you questioning things on every level.

I have not had more than three weeks away from work in around eight years or so. It's hard to shake all those little thoughts telling me I have to consider this or that because of work or whatever life schedules. The freedom feels so refreshing having those little moments of realizing, hey I don't have to worry about that now. Fuck it!

It's hard to really enjoy it though with all the uncertainty going on

Working five days a week I would always count time by the weekends. Now I seem to count the weeks by my one trip to the grocery store and the only other event. Playing music with my three friends. They are the only people I really see other than neighbours walking around out there..

Edited by flashingrooster, 20 April 2020 - 04:24 PM.

• Coopdog, riseabovethought, Alpoehi and 1 other like this

#5 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:50 PM

I did back in late March. I still don't know most of what happened. Some of the other has began to make some sense to me. I'm thinking I'm going on another ride mid-May when I can spend some time outdoors at night with a fire. 

• riseabovethought, Moonless, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#6 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:21 PM

Yup! Quite by accident. I was harvesting these guys:

post-147940-0-16291700-1587325731.jpg

And I was a few beers in and I kept eating lil fruits and soon enough, the giggles started, but I passed out.

• riseabovethought, Wimzers, Moonless and 3 others like this

#7 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 533 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:33 PM

A little gammagoblin never hurts anyone. :biggrin:

Edited by Baphom3t, 23 April 2020 - 02:33 PM.

• riseabovethought and CatsAndBats like this

#8 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 12:12 AM

Interesting acid test of my tripping ability last night.

I recently grew a Cuban mutant that turned out to be half potency, I didn't find that out until I made two hybrids with it. Previous assay of Ecuador X Cuban-mutant was also half strength. Last night was Transkei X Cuban-mutant. I dosed at 12 grams just to be sure it was worth the effort, as I expected low potency. I got a good solid 9 gram strength trip out of it.

This trip was initiated a day after I found out a friend died. It wasn't an easy decision to trip.

She was one of the best of us. Kind, gentle, smart, and friendly.

I knew she was dead for a day before dosing but the impact only hit when peaking. One more of us gone.

The experience was cathartic and after absorbing the loss I broke through and found joy again as the trip went on, soon regaining that cheshire cat grin of the true soulflyer. I think she'd be happy.

Tripping the apocalypse isn't for the timid and I'd caution beginners against doing it too lightly, but if you can keep your shit together and maintain perspective it'll really bring that perspective into your core. I wouldn't try it if I thought I would be mainly facing terror.

Goodbye Karin.

• Coopdog, CatsAndBats, Moonless and 3 others like this

#9 Choices

Choices

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 12:18 AM

I tripped last week and it was different. Can’t really explain how/why. But it was, something shifted? And now Im trepidatious. I’m certain a trip will re-align things but there is a tree down on the road and I’m to tired to move it.
  • riseabovethought and CatsAndBats like this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,890 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:52 AM

We tripped recently, and it was mostly good. I had a hard time finding my joy and shed a lot of tears... of mostly joy. ElrikEricksson, I also tend to trip when I am grieving. Never heard of anyone else doing so, so I feel ya man. The night my mom passed I was in shock, mad as hell, heartbroken, and didn't know how to process it. I was a freaking mess and couldn't even begin to work it out. On a whim I ate 6 hits of acid. I cried, I laughed, I loved, I played music all night long. Much more to that story, but not for public stuff. If you PM me I will share the rest Elrik. 

Trippin in the Apocalypse is indeed a trip. I did a lot of processing on it for sure and we were up until 10 am talking about it all. Scary times we are living in right now. We sat up and talked with tears rolling down our cheeks. Not our regular trip for sure. What an emo night. I need another one really bad, for therapeutic reasons as well lol. We are living in some huge times of change. 

Here's a suggestion for ALL of you. If you can trip...TRIP. Get that joy into you while you can. Our times of Joy are very likely coming to an end. I am not a prophet. However I have very good intuition and my instincts are rarely wrong. There is a STORM on the horizon, and it is coming, and coming hard. Find some joy in your life, and grab it up and hold it close. I have a string inclination that it is going to be a rare thing for the next ten years or so. If you are paying any attention whatsoever, you can see that the entire world economy is wrecked. We are coming into some dark times like most people alive now don't have any idea how to deal with. Much love....

• riseabovethought, Oneyedraven, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#11 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 533 posts

Donator

Posted 28 April 2020 - 01:12 PM

A little acid now and then is cherished by the wisest men.
I'm thinking I might take some today.
After all I do have a little over a 1/4 sheet.

Edited by Baphom3t, 28 April 2020 - 03:46 PM.

• Coopdog and riseabovethought like this

#12 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

Although new here, am not new to the Journey-Trip.
I’ve been voyaging regularly once every 10 days as I like to re-set and Absorb before going again.
My moms been in long term care for 5 months & I haven’t seen her in 2. Yes it’s stressful but I’ve developed coping and Stress reducing techniques through focused breathing. Works most of the time. I did recently 6g’s soaked in lime juice for 20 minutes really made it come on quick and heavy.
I normally try to be *at Peace before I venture on...or In, as the case may be.
I had no adverse anxiety beyond a little dose related...it passed quickly as I continued deep breathing. I did notice my CEV & thoughts were very much Internal..as if looking into a mirror.

I must add that I’ve been practicing TM meditation for many years to help with focus, Anxiety and concentration. While in that state(without trips), I can SEE my fear. Look at it, make peace or acknowledge the scary-then move on.
With Trips, meditation takes on a different realm & go much deeper into it.
With a few decades to my credit, I can state the obvious. If you’re not able to “still your mind” normally then adding *fruits may not be the best idea-At Full strength. Perhaps trying less as suggested first may help...Only you know how you feel...
My opinion follows some common sense. Inducing a psychedelic or psychoactive state while wrestling with racing thoughts, your conscience, conscious mind or inescapable pressures seems to bring about a higher probability of a Bad time.
Much Like getting drunk when you’re mad as hell tends to make one violent or madder.
Exacerbating the underlying issue of “internal discord” as I call it.

Be well, be safe and Journey at your own pace.
  • riseabovethought likes this

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Much Like getting drunk when you’re mad as hell tends to make one violent or madder.
Exacerbating the underlying issue of “internal discord” as I call it.

For me it's the exact opposite.

That's only partly because there is no reasonable analogy or comparison that can be made between alcohol and tryptamine-based psychedelics (among other kinds).

Even Salvia has busted me out of terrible mental ruts, but that's more of a "tough love" kind of help where the therapeutic benefit of the experience is probably the fact that it ends, thereby renewing our appreciation for run-of-the-mill sanity by taking it away from us for a few harrowing minutes. That said, it might be a bit too harrowing for some so I can't really recommend the Salvia approach even though it works for me (I consider a controlled experience of overwhelming visceral terror to be beneficial in certain contexts).

In my experience, when things are at their absolute worst is one of the best times to trip, assuming no serious underlying psychiatric conditions. Otherwise they're hardly a "medicine." Fungi in particular help to suppress most forms of mental discord by inhibiting fear processing in the amygdala, among other profoundly therapeutic effects.

I hit some changa yesterday after holding off for months (as long as I could tolerate). I was outside on a bright sunny day and in 15 minutes went from being ready to chew through cinderblocks to get back to living the way I'd prefer to feeling pretty much like my brain had been reset back to how it was at the very beginning of all this. It was like the last few months hadn't happened, and a bigger-picture perspective was regained while the sense of starting to climb the walls evaporated. I noticed that it took a lot less changa to get me to the desired state than usual (as in about half the normal dose), and there was nothing dark or uncomfortable about it at all (an instant ear-to-ear grin that lasted the whole 15 minutes), which was also unusual for my DMT trips.

When it comes to choosing when to trip, IMO the best approach is to follow our gut feeling, our intuition, our Inner Vision, or whatever we call the subtle 'voice' inside us that we ignore at our peril.

The greater the need, the greater the result.

• Coopdog, riseabovethought and ElrikEriksson like this

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

But for those of you who are bold and adventurous enough, has anything changed? Are the shroom-realms what they used to be? Anything new?

Those would be fascinating questions to be able to answer definitively.

But as for me, I don't know how to tell the difference between tripping changing over time vs. me changing over time. But I sure hope I've been changing over time since that's one of the main reasons I trip, what with being an eternal work-in-progress and all.

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

So I hit the changa again since the day is so nice. But this time I had a proper dose of it a little while ago and it kicked my ass, but in a good way once it was all over. It was one hell of a recalibration of my… of me (whatever the heck that is). My awareness, priorities, thoughts, goals, and tentative plans for the future were all torn to pieces and reassembled from top to bottom. Again, lol. Well, mostly again. This experience was different from all others, on any psychedelic (even my prior high-dose DMT sessions).

It’s (still) a gorgeous day with perfect weather, and the leaves on the trees have that extra-bright, almost fluorescent-green glow of Spring and the slight breeze making all the leaves dance made for a sublime setting and the instant fractals that everything turned into before I even set the pipe down did not disappoint, but the relaxed awe was very short lived as the intensity kept ramping-up. Just as I began to hyperventilate because I couldn’t tell for sure if I was breathing or not (it felt like not), the last words I or something that sounds like me said to my mind were “You asked for this.” Which did help me endure it a little better, I suppose. But also made me feel like a naive child who just realized he'd fucked-up big time. I'll try to be more careful about what I ask for.

It would take me the rest of my life to write down what those 20 minutes were like (just listing the synchronicities of the stuff going down in my yard once I could recognize it as a yard again seems like it would take weeks). It was made vividly clear to me (and I mean VIVIDLY) that I am definitely not ready to die yet. Not. Even. Close. Not in the sense of being afraid of it but in the sense of the stuff I need to do first if I don’t want to keep dealing with all this shit over and over again. Within seconds I was praying for death to make it stop before it was pointed out to me that that wouldn’t actually accomplish what I was after since I was already “there.” There is no escape anywhere; how could there be?

Holy fuck that was a beautiful and terrifying mind-bender, and that’s really saying something considering my history with psychedelics. Changes will be made; are already being made. I think I might actually get it now. Whatever “it” is; that part is still quite the mystery. I'll probably forget it again in a few weeks, but I still have some more changa if needed.

If you have come here to help me then you are wasting your time.

If you have come here because your liberation is bound up with mine

Then let us work together…

-Attributed to being an Australian aboriginal quote (not sure if it really is, but it also doesn’t matter what the source is).

• riseabovethought, Guy1298, Wimzers and 2 others like this

#16 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 10:03 PM

“You asked for this.” Which did help me endure it a little better, I suppose. But also made me feel like a naive child who just realized he'd fucked-up big time. I'll try to be more careful about what I ask for.

I can without a shadow of doubt relate to this wholeheartedly.

• TVCasualty likes this

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:14 AM

Feeling like a clueless kid who got in over their head seems to be a common theme, too.

When I was thinking about how to describe that feeling I had a memory of my first day of preschool when my mom handed me off to the strange man who took me to the classroom.  Even then I must've intuitively known that school sucked since I put up quite a fight against being abandoned by my mother, which is what I believed to be happening.

So the first half of a strong DMT trip sort of like being forcibly pulled out of mom's arms for the first time and marched into an unknown and bewildering classroom (or Boot Camp, depending on how harsh it gets). By the time class is over that feeling has usually been replaced by awe at what was learned, and if it went the other way around it's safe to say that no one would ever do DMT a second time.

I've been getting better at barely keeping my shit together enough to explore that space rather than just being floored by it like my first few times; I can make the fractals expand or contract or bend depending on how I breathe (among a few other things), which when I remember to do it is a good way to dispel the fear much more quickly than passively letting it run its course.

But then occasionally something rocks my world like I'm still in psychedelic kindergarten. I'd like to hope I'm at least out of preschool by now, but it's hard to tell. 

Then again, nothing never changes so trip-space must be evolving in its own way, too.

We're growing/changing in school even as the school is growing/changing. And it seems to me that this would all be a spectacular waste of time and energy if this one lifetime spent stumbling around in a monkey suit was the sum-total of our existence. Maybe there's a co-creative process going on here? On second thought, how could it be otherwise?

We are here now existing on the leading edge of the expanding and evolving wave-front of our conscious Universe (or Universe of consciousness) because this is where we've always been and it's the only "place" conscious awareness can "be." Sure, we can sometimes remember fleeting moments from the past all the way back to the Beginning (I don't recall any Bangs, oddly enough), but we're not in those times anymore even though our Universe is built out of them, like an expanding colony of mycelium radiating outward from what's already been colonized.

No, it is an expanding fractal structure identical to mycelium; its architecture is not a metaphor (or simile, rather), merely a different manifestation and scale of the same underlying phenomenon, or architecture (not sure which). Ergo, it's turtles all the way down! Now if only we could figure out what a "turtle" is...

• Wimzers, Moonless and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#18 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:20 AM

I ate 3 grams of cubes yesterday. It was one of those trips that leave you in a gloomy mood. No euphoria. No extreme despair, just wavey walls and dull emotions. I still felt motivated hours later, which was cool.

#19 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:32 PM

And that is why I dose high.

I don't care if its terror or rapture, I just don't want mediocrity!

Tonight it's 250mg THH•HCl followed an hour later by 7 grams of Transkei!

I have no idea what will happen. Maybe a typical 7g Transkei trip? Will I hit mushroom hyperspace? Will the universe explode?

I do know it won't be dull! :victorious:

To be fair I'm not specifically encouraging high dosing, there is a possibility that I am insane :tongue:

• Alder Logs, CatsAndBats, Wimzers and 2 others like this

#20 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,745 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2020 - 12:52 PM

I done took some lucy and had a pretty great trip. It was the strongest one too, for the first time the light felt too bright. It was almost hard to see, the colours changing so much. And the audio distortions were really strong as well. The nature connection was amazing, all the fresh luxurious green out there. It felt like you could see each individual blade of grass. The birds calling, chirping and flying around doing their bird business. I watched the sunset with a shit eating grin, and then came inside and listened to the birds chirp as it got dark. And it seemed almost all at once they stopped chirping, the room was dark. One of those moments where you go, holy fuck I miss this amazing event every day, why does it mean so much to me now.  

That was a two thumbs up trip

• Oneyedraven, Wimzers, ElrikEriksson and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!