• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Axl0586

Axl0586

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 11:53 PM

Was using syringe to inject water into my substrate bc I don’t like misting pins because I’m scared of causing them to abort. So Im just dipping my syringe in my gallon of distilled water and realized I went through a little spot of mold and now have infected my entire jug. They are only $1 but it still sucks to have to throw it out. Not worth trying to boil it since I don’t think boiling kills mold. And I refuse to bust out the PC for some water. Good thing I have 3 more gallons. Lesson of day...if you’re going to inject your substrate pour the water into another container to draw from. Noob mistake # 4378
  • CaptainMyco likes this

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2020 - 01:03 AM

Was using syringe to inject water into my substrate bc I don’t like misting pins because I’m scared of causing them to abort. So Im just dipping my syringe in my gallon of distilled water and realized I went through a little spot of mold and now have infected my entire jug. They are only $1 but it still sucks to have to throw it out. Not worth trying to boil it since I don’t think boiling kills mold. And I refuse to bust out the PC for some water. Good thing I have 3 more gallons. Lesson of day...if you’re going to inject your substrate pour the water into another container to draw from. Noob mistake # 4378

Okay, so you attempted to hydrate/rehydrate your substrate with a syringe because you were afraid to mist your substrate directly because you didn't want pins to abort?

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but I can tell you without a doubt, that one can mist the shit out of a healthy cubensis colony, pins and all, with no negative consequences.

• Nicked likes this

#3 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 731 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 04:08 PM

It wasnt me lol

#4 GoodDoctor06

GoodDoctor06

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:45 AM

Wait, wait wait ....boiling wont kill molds in water?

#5 Excession27

Excession27

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:48 PM

Wait, wait wait ....boiling wont kill molds in water?

I want to know the answer to this question as well.

#6 GoodDoctor06

GoodDoctor06

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:29 AM

Does boiling water kill mold contaminates,?

#7 SMOKIEDABEAR

SMOKIEDABEAR

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:24 PM

It should unless you live in a moldy area of the world. Thankfully I am in a very very dry and hot area. I have to try very hard to get mold to grow here.work with what you have.good luck all!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!