• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:08 PM

hey so i have a couple leaves with rips or holes because of my dog he got to one plant. notbinh crazy but i can somewhat tell it’s taking a tole on her maybe and she doesn’t wanna wake up as much. or maybe the transfer shock? it’s getting pretty hot now from cool shady clouds. now it’s gunna be like 88,90’s now looking like. do i maybe put a umbrella next to them? give them some more shade. and can i trim off the tips of the damaged leaves???? i heard this won’t shock the plant and stop focusing on the rip leaf. well any help be cool! i sprayed bugg spray last night at night so hopefully no more small holes or any of that

#2 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:16 PM

How big is the plant?

The one thing that you must consider is "It's a weed"! 

If it is any size at all and not a fresh clone or such, it will love full sun.

They recover very well from damage because it is a weed.

Just feed and water as usual.

• stonnerkidd likes this

#3 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 05:17 PM

Pic would Be great.

You can def cut the damaged leaf right out of there. I always prune dead or damaged leaves.
  • stonnerkidd likes this

#4 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:07 PM

How big is the plant?

here you guys go! help! i just transplanted a day or so ago from the seedlings i bought them from. Only one has real problems. i had to re plants a liftle deeper then originals because dog got to it. idk if the bottom leaves i need to dig out and cut em? or they will die on their own down there. they werent big at all. but here a lot of pics to help. if you look at stem at very bottom you can see a little stem or leaf maybe wanting to shoot upp or out? do i lift the plant up? or do out some soil to get it light? i don’t wanna disturb anytbing so shit lmao

Attached Thumbnails

• 517F017D-26D1-47F5-A722-6C8B1A4B94FD.jpeg
  • 9268327D-D278-48DC-AA7F-5DE073B3EDF1.jpeg
  • DF452DE8-043B-46D8-B976-672F7DEC54F5.jpeg
  • CE087769-10E2-4070-9056-82EC27E71055.jpeg
  • E5A95805-0A1B-40D0-A48F-4287106C2881.jpeg

Edited by stonnerkidd, 22 April 2020 - 09:16 PM.

#5 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:09 PM

and when should i top them? they seemed to be already topped a few times but i’m not sure what i’m looking for. Thanks! i have 3 plants! all same frosting vanilla

Attached Thumbnails

• 22F9D5E3-A400-49D8-8D10-4DBF7F6EA714.jpeg
  • 665230F5-6320-4732-9171-3733E6D0A39B.jpeg
  • 61906218-1055-4665-896A-1D71391F0DA3.jpeg

#6 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 09:13 PM

so sprayed this organic bug spray i got from the hydro store and i applied at late cool temp night 11 pm and i think where the cuts are it may are burned a little the sun in those spots but i don’t think it’s a bad thing? he said to apply at night to avoid burning. So that’s my concern because the other day the cuts were fresh but didn’t have the yellow to it kinda. I’m worried and just looking for best advice for it! cut it or just water and feed like the guy said here. i plan on just water and feed normal it’s organic slow real ease so. soil is still wet so i’ll water in a few days? peace and love

#7 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:55 PM

How big is the plant?

here you guys go! help! i just transplanted a day or so ago from the seedlings i bought them from. Only one has real problems. i had to re plants a liftle deeper then originals because dog got to it. idk if the bottom leaves i need to dig out and cut em? or they will die on their own down there. they werent big at all. but here a lot of pics to help. if you look at stem at very bottom you can see a little stem or leaf maybe wanting to shoot upp or out? do i lift the plant up? or do out some soil to get it light? i don’t wanna disturb anytbing so shit lmao
You should trim all those back to lower transpiration. The stress to recover IMO is less to trimming the larger fan leaves back. (And in your case the damaged leaves). Ph is also important. I got these books right out the gate. (I’m not implying you don’t know what your doing) and made life a lot easier. There pretty hardy and if your water regularly you’ll get buds. It’s the love and care that produces the goods. But either way you’ll get buds.
https://uploads.tapa...58f675be3.plist

Edited by Choices, 22 April 2020 - 11:00 PM.

• stonnerkidd likes this

#8 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:10 PM

How big is the plant?

You should trim all those back to lower transpiration. The stress to recover IMO is less to trimming the larger fan leaves back. (And in your case the damaged leaves). Ph is also important. I got these books right out the gate. (I’m not implying you don’t know what your doing) and made life a lot easier. There pretty hardy and if your water regularly you’ll get buds. It’s the love and care that produces the goods. But either way you’ll get buds.
https://uploads.tapa...58f675be3.plist
ok so when you mean trim like just cut the damnaged part of the leave off? or the whole stem of the leaf? sorry i’m really new so yeah i really don’t know but i did Ph the water the kits every time. a little hard to read because the drops in the tester they go green the first drops then when i shake kinda go lighter. i add more drops and i get a bit more clear idea. but i did add more water and re Ph again. i have a 100 gallon drum. and added like another 50. and i ordered the air pump and stones to filter and stuff

#9 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:13 PM

i plan on making a tea with my all purpose ferlizer and warm castings i have,

#10 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:30 PM

Yea, trim the leaves. You can cut back in a V shape (keeling with the shape of the lead) or blunt cut them I blunt cut them. Either way works, when you have a few pants going and they start getting big, for ease I blunt cutting them is quicker.

Don’t over complicate things with amendments, a three part system is more than adequate to produce great results. I used Fox Farm when i grew soil. Regular watering and a good light source and your be off an running.

Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (Pack of 3 - 32 oz. bottles) https://www.amazon.c...i_yJrOEb8T1N9NZ

#11 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:35 PM

I didn’t notice the pics. Let her grow some more, just cut away the damaged leaves. Here are some clones with the leaves trim’d for reference.
https://uploads.tapa...763882848.plist

#12 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:46 AM

I didn’t notice the pics. Let her grow some more, just cut away the damaged leaves. Here are some clones with the leaves trim’d for reference.
https://uploads.tapa...763882848.plist

ok got you. so cool so cut the damaged leaves now yes???? i can cut a few and let the rest grow. and i cut it to where there’s no damaged and it’s it look all healthy?

Edited by stonnerkidd, 23 April 2020 - 12:46 AM.

#13 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:26 AM

ok i just cut some leaves off! well the tips. very easy and not hard as i thought. easy to tell what’s should be there and what shouldn’t. only did a few tips didn’t wanna do a lot and shock the plant. i believe next few days it should come back strong!!!! Good wet soil and sun next few days i’ll water when soil is dry dry i want it to use it all up.

#14 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:59 PM

here some pics of this morning! they seem to be waking up happy and lifted a bit more!!! i left a few leaves with a single hole, i figure the leaf can still work at 90% or more intact there prollly of like a bug tried to eat it, it make itself stay alive. I thinkkkkkkkkk hahaha. But they look better! i think they are using the water finally. i think next time i transplant i need to water fully all the way to bottom or half way at least so the roots and water can reach down. we live and learn!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 5821AF7B-2A18-47C7-AB6D-EC631DA2CB12.jpeg
  • 389D1D83-A419-4CFD-B3E5-0D74462641E3.jpeg
  • 7A58DC21-F33A-41F2-88F1-D9C16C3130BD.jpeg

#15 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:09 PM

I would let them recover from transplanting befor thinking about topping.

Those have not been topped.
The term means to literally cut the top off,
It induces branching in the lower nodes.

#16 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:46 PM

here some pics of this morning! they seem to be waking up happy and lifted a bit more!!! i left a few leaves with a single hole, i figure the leaf can still work at 90% or more intact there prollly of like a bug tried to eat it, it make itself stay alive. I thinkkkkkkkkk hahaha. But they look better! i think they are using the water finally. i think next time i transplant i need to water fully all the way to bottom or half way at least so the roots and water can reach down. we live and learn!!!!!!

Always water to waste. Meaning water till it leaks
Out the holes in the bottom of the pot.

The two knuckle test helped me in the beginning before your eye can just tell. Stick your index finger into the the soil to your second knuckle, if its wet/damp at your second knuckle- no water. If not water.

#17 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:48 PM

Always water to waste. Meaning water till it leaks
Out the holes in the bottom of the pot.

The two knuckle test helped me in the beginning before your eye can just tell. Stick your index finger into the the soil to your second knuckle, if its wet/damp at your second knuckle- no water. If not water.
thank you bosss man!!!!!

#18 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2020 - 02:54 PM

Actually, they don't look bad at all.

Try not to over think it. 

Leave as many leaves on as possible.  When it recovers and grows a bit, then you can trim the leaves if they turn yellow.

I never top a plant anymore.  The buds get so heavy they break the branches.  I grow outside and when they get about 4' high I bend them down until the top is about 1' off the ground. 

#19 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:39 PM

Actually, they don't look bad at all.
Try not to over think it.
Leave as many leaves on as possible. When it recovers and grows a bit, then you can trim the leaves if they turn yellow.
I never top a plant anymore. The buds get so heavy they break the branches. I grow outside and when they get about 4' high I bend them down until the top is about 1' off the ground.

yes i just started to stress low test them! i did what you said at the top just make em bend a little. yeah i trimmed up a little bit nothinh crazy i believe. and i re washed my 100 gallon drum. idk water smelled funky and maybe that’s not helping hahaa so i washed rn and letting soak for some time then spray down. lol hopefully my funky water didn’t do too much harm. i have the air water pump coming in soon so hopefully that will keep it sterilize and clean. and does the PH Solution down make the water smell a little funky???? hopefully so cause my water was dirty then.... so i just let the plant soak up and next water clean? or maybe add a little more soon to help flush that old dirty water. idk.

Edited by stonnerkidd, 23 April 2020 - 08:54 PM.

#20 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 11:07 PM

hey guys i have 3 new pants and one my dogs got into like i said up here. lol sorry trynna not to repeat myself here a lot but anyways i sprayed this ornagic bug spray on my plants and it made my leaf edges some yellow. he said to apply at night not during DAY and i did but i think some may have still be on the leaf tips. the oils and stuff. Next time i should maybe spray water or whatever to wash off. anyways is there any tips or your thoughts of it?? i just fed it water and slow re lease ferralizer. trynna go organic here. i made a tea with molasses, earth warm, all purpose too, that’s all i have. Thanks ‘ i’m getting bat guano and kelp meal. any other good ones to get??? my auto flower seeds from the attitude is taking 18 days going on since i ordered sooooo. but when they get here i wanna maybe make them a super tea as well

Attached Thumbnails

• B5A90BC0-77E8-4996-90EA-855E1C9F2015.jpeg
  • C4A2D63A-1C03-4DC3-BD9E-6B8F2AAF669E.jpeg
  • A021CF7D-69EC-4DC0-9E26-F8377E2DF30F.jpeg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!