#1 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:56 PM

Hi Everybody,

Figured I will show off my latest projects. All tubs are using pure Coco Coir, mixed with Hard Red Winter Wheat Berry spawn. Sourced from Wharfrat's glorious Coco Coir Tek and also Wheat Berry Tek.  I have recently moved to Pure Millet because I can get 100lbs for only around $40.

Here are my incubators with Millet filled Quart Jars inoculated with PES Hawaiian which are doing fantastic at 85F it seems. I could not get A+ to take on Wheat Berries or Millet even remotely, regardless of them taking on an LC, any advice?

DSC_0195.jpg  DSC_0196.jpg

I have been running with the exotic strain Psilolcybe Galindoi from Mexico. Room Temperature is around 65-70F with Nights dropping to 55F. I haven't gotten any Gallindoi to fruit yet, but I have high hopes.

Here are my MegaTubs.

MegaTub #1

Gallindoi MegaTub #1.jpg Gallindoi MegaTub#1.jpg

MegaTub #2

Gallindoi Megatub #2.jpg Gallindoi Megatub #2 (3).jpg

Here are my DubTubs.

DubTub 1

Gallindoi Monotub #1.jpg Gallindoi Monotub 1.jpg

DubTub2

Gallindoi Monotub #2.jpg Gallindoi Monotub 2.jpg

DubTub 3

Gallindoi Monotub #3.jpg Gallindoi Monotub 3.jpg

Here is another Exotic from Mexico named Jalisco. Which I am keeping in a 75F Temperature regulated fruiting chamber all the while Fanning and Misting everyday. Jalisco has been hard because the Coir Tubs keep getting contaminated, I think they need to be in a higher temperature around 75F+ (Mexico Temps) to do well.

Jalisco.jpg

Here is a Malabar strain which I have been growing since February the following is Flush #1.

Malabar.jpg Malabar #1.jpg Malabar Flush 1.jpg Malabar Flush 1 2Oz.jpg

...and here is Flush 2

Malabar Flush 2.jpg

Additionally I have an Amazonian tub going but I didn't take Pics. So here is my isolated fruiting chamber held together with Gaff Tape and Velcro with my collection of LCs at the bottom.

My LCs are Amazonian, Jalisco, Gallindoi, A+, Azurescens, PES Hawaiian, and Malabar; unfortunately my Cyans LC contam'd out  with Trichoderma a couple weeks ago.

DSC_0179.jpg

Additionally I will be exploring a pure oxygen distribution system using an O2 Tank and Irrigation tubing which I will run to every tub.

Lemme know if you have any questions of tips to share or if I can improve on anything.

Cheers, 

Saph

Attached Thumbnails

• Malabar Flush 1 2Oz.jpg

• ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and Toybox78 like this

#2 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:01 PM

Hi Everybody,

Figured I will show off my latest projects. All tubs are using pure Coco Coir, mixed with Hard Red Winter Wheat Berry spawn. Sourced from Wharfrat's glorious Coco Coir Tek and also Wheat Berry Tek. I have recently moved to Pure Millet because I can get 100lbs for only around $40.

Here are my incubators with Millet filled Quart Jars inoculated with PES Hawaiian which are doing fantastic at 85F it seems. I could not get A+ to take on Wheat Berries or Millet even remotely, regardless of them taking on an LC, any advice?

attachicon.gifDSC_0195.jpg attachicon.gifDSC_0196.jpg

I have been running with the exotic strain Psilolcybe Galindoi from Mexico. Room Temperature is around 65-70F with Nights dropping to 55F. I haven't gotten any Gallindoi to fruit yet, but I have high hopes.

Here are my MegaTubs.
MegaTub #1
attachicon.gifGallindoi MegaTub #1.jpgattachicon.gifGallindoi MegaTub#1.jpg

MegaTub #2
attachicon.gifGallindoi Megatub #2.jpgattachicon.gifGallindoi Megatub #2 (3).jpg

Here are my DubTubs.

DubTub 1
attachicon.gifGallindoi Monotub #1.jpgattachicon.gifGallindoi Monotub 1.jpg

DubTub2
attachicon.gifGallindoi Monotub #2.jpgattachicon.gifGallindoi Monotub 2.jpg

DubTub 3
attachicon.gifGallindoi Monotub #3.jpgattachicon.gifGallindoi Monotub 3.jpg

Here is another Exotic from Mexico named Jalisco. Which I am keeping in a 75F Temperature regulated fruiting chamber all the while Fanning and Misting everyday. Jalisco has been hard because the Coir Tubs keep getting contaminated, I think they need to be in a higher temperature around 75F+ (Mexico Temps) to do well.
attachicon.gifJalisco.jpg

Here is a Malabar strain which I have been growing since February the following is Flush #1.
attachicon.gifMalabar.jpgattachicon.gifMalabar #1.jpgattachicon.gifMalabar Flush 1.jpgattachicon.gifMalabar Flush 1 2Oz.jpg

...and here is Flush 2
attachicon.gifMalabar Flush 2.jpg

Additionally I have an Amazonian tub going but I didn't take Pics. So here is my isolated fruiting chamber held together with Gaff Tape and Velcro with my collection of LCs at the bottom.
My LCs are Amazonian, Jalisco, Gallindoi, A+, Azurescens, PES Hawaiian, and Malabar; unfortunately my Cyans LC contam'd out with Trichoderma a couple weeks ago.
attachicon.gifDSC_0179.jpg

Additionally I will be exploring a pure oxygen distribution system using an O2 Tank and Irrigation tubing which I will run to every tub.

Lemme know if you have any questions of tips to share or if I can improve on anything.

Cheers,
Saph

Awesome, we're should compare notes man my malibar look nothing like that, and I haven't gotten any fruits of my galandoi yet, I have some bags of sub started your a bit further than I am. How do your stones look?

Your friendly neighborhood toybox

#3 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:06 PM

Not sure what you mean by Stones, please elaborate.

#4 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:07 PM

Not sure what you mean by Stones, please elaborate.

Sclerocia 9b139c8ca3cfa4f803d440ea5b2e31dd.jpg

#5 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:09 PM

Not sure. I didn't take pics of that phase. Don't really remember it looking like that though.

• Toybox78 likes this

#6 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:12 PM

Not sure. I didn't take pics of that phase. Don't really remember it looking like that though.

These jars are 47 days old still fast tho for sclerocia that size, sorry I assumed if you ate running galandoi you were trying to gripe the sclerocia out also.

#7 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:21 PM

I birthed mine after 30 days, I am impatient.  :dry: They weren't even fully colonized, but I had like 30 jars so, I took it while I had it.

• Toybox78 likes this

#8 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:01 AM

I didn't know that sclerocia was even a thing.  My Gallindoi jars colonized fast and aggressively, so once they got near fully colonized I birthed them into Coco Coir. 

I guess if I let the jars go for longer I'd have gotten the Sclerocia you're talking about. I wonder if it is in my MonoTubs.

Edited by Saphroziac, 01 May 2020 - 02:03 AM.

• Toybox78 likes this

#9 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:19 AM

I didn't know that sclerocia was even a thing. My Gallindoi jars colonized fast and aggressively, so once they got near fully colonized I birthed them into Coco Coir.
I guess if I let the jars go for longer I'd have gotten the Sclerocia you're talking about. I wonder if it is in my MonoTubs.

I'm sure there is, when it's spent and before it dries out to much gently crumble the substrate with your fingers and you should find some nuggets, definitely worth keeping

• Saphroziac likes this

#10 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 08 May 2020 - 05:56 PM

How long do you guys think I should wait until Harvesting the galindoi truffles? It has been about a month or two, and you can see cracks in the mycelium where the truffles are growing underneath. 

None of my 6 tubs have fruited yet. Should I wait until they fruit to harvest? Should I sacrifice one tub and sift through it to find any truffles? Should I wait longer?

Edited by Saphroziac, 08 May 2020 - 05:56 PM.

• Toybox78 likes this

#11 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:01 PM

How long do you guys think I should wait until Harvesting the galindoi truffles? It has been about a month or two, and you can see cracks in the mycelium where the truffles are growing underneath.
None of my 6 tubs have fruited yet. Should I wait until they fruit to harvest? Should I sacrifice one tub and sift through it to find any truffles? Should I wait longer?

If it's only been a month I would wait, this is mine in the jar at day 45 but after they get to size ive found that the kind of mature I guess, the ones I've eaten at 6 weeks were much weaker in potency vs the ones from the same isolation and growing medium that I had eaten after 12 weeks . That's my personal experienceed9dd3ebe83119abc73df3cf805777e8.jpg528477c4c43c14c50aed3201d32b83cc.jpg

• Skywatcher and YoshiTrainer like this

#12 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:16 AM

Hey guys,

So I was forced to harvest my truffles as Trichoderma started showing up every day in various tubs and I was tired of trying to perform surgery and flaming it.

Here they are after I harvested.

95973872_1771769746296524_7864113774997798912_n.jpg

and these are after I cleaned each one individually with a toothbrush. 

ioiooo.jpg

I put them all in a food dehydrator and will do a dry weight tomorrow. 

I think the downfall of my methods were that I had to fan and mist them every day. Letting contaminants in from my pet ridden house.... next time I want to use pure O2 from a tank and a glucose drip system which would have let me not have top open up the montubs/chambers to room air.

Cheers,

Saph

#13 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:20 PM

The total was 14 Oz dry. That's quite the harvest.

• YoshiTrainer and Toybox78 like this

#14 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:15 PM

I can't for the life of me remember how to calculate the comparison between wet and dry dosages

#15 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:21 PM

Hey man did you happen to take tissue samples from a couple of those sclerocia before you dried it

#16 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 18 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

I know for actual fruits the ratio is 10g wet : to 1g Dry. Truffles was around 8 : 1. 

Unforunately I am no use for Agar, my house is filled with hairy pets so taking samples doing the real mad scientist stuff wont be happening until I set up a clean room.

• Toybox78 likes this

#17 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

After harvest, it turned out that these were not nearly as potent as I had read about. They definitely need to be left alone for 2-3 months..

• Toybox78 likes this

#18 deekan

deekan

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:25 PM

The Jalisco has always interested me. Thanks for sharing

#19 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:25 PM

Hey y'all ever see have a cluster of mexicana that fruits and then you notice that the few spots that fruited well were directly under a good sized stone close to the surface of the sub?
I knocked it loose trying to get a pic but I was using my garden hose to spray the bricks so they would disintegrate and I could pick the stones off, when I found this guy coming out of the stone. Its still connected in this picture.
So now im wondering if I wash and scrub these stones and put an even layer across the tray and then case it.
I'm 50/50 in my head that I should try using stones to inoculate substrate also....?
ff22e158c94d9831935d6572909969a9.jpg264b51e5f374a02550eaee1a86991f5e.jpgb1ae37cf27d391a4bc25bc13e0e73920.jpg

Edited by Toybox78, 03 August 2020 - 09:29 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#20 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Donator

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:48 PM

Do it! Mad Scientist!  :weedpoke:

• Toybox78 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!