• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 07:39 PM

hey guys i have some plants low stress training. i topped them last weeek. they are recovery and growing new branches. the lower branches from low stress training are catching up and looking ready to top i think but i don’t want to do it early. let me know guys how often you top!

#2 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 02:11 AM

here’s how my stressing training is going. i just bended the main stem and trynna get the other side some sun. i’m not so sure on how to strain for veg so any tips be great. like after this low stress training and it’s all bushy in 2-3 weeks what do i do then???? it will be a little thicker if thinking and it will be longer. do i top it maybe? a lot of colas? rn they have like 6-8 tops each plant. it be nice if i could get more! and ima put the SCROG thing support thing soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• 4E583540-CD76-43C9-A789-816A891CF504.jpeg
  • 2CD292E9-9AD1-4D82-A772-F81B5BC35155.jpeg
  • B7FF7EA3-5597-4877-AEBE-B16DF356271A.jpeg

• Dipole likes this

#3 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,389 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:12 PM

I have alway just stuck to bending the top over.  If the top ends up below the level of a side branch, the side branch will grow and the bent over op will slow down.  You can adjust the rate of the tip this way and promote side branching til the cows come home.  I just could never get myself to cut my plants.

I am not a power grower, just my copper plated zinc two cents worth.

• stonnerkidd likes this

#4 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 03:54 PM

I have alway just stuck to bending the top over. If the top ends up below the level of a side branch, the side branch will grow and the bent over op will slow down. You can adjust the rate of the tip this way and promote side branching til the cows come home. I just could never get myself to cut my plants.
I am not a power grower, just my copper plated zinc two cents worth.

yeah i see the bottom branches and i’m guessing later i might need to cut them so the other colas on top get them enegery. maybe i can cut the branches from the 1/3 when i clean up and get a clone from it??? it’s a mother plant all of them so. that will be interesting. it be cool to harvest this mother plant and then clone it and try and grow and harvest it in the same year. lol and how often should i rotate the plants for the stress training? like once a week clock wise or every other day? maybe even every day to get it even? lmk

Edited by stonnerkidd, 07 May 2020 - 03:56 PM.

#5 Dipole

Dipole

Legalize Cannabis

• OG VIP
  • 3,389 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 04:37 PM

Well a plant that is growing fast might needs adjustments every 2 to 3 days.

I veg under sun by day and CFLs by night, so the growth is not that fast.

I adjust around once a week.

5 inches down the stem or so it gets to be rather stiff.

This stiff part holds a bend the best, further down it takes a set.

So you have to watch what the plant does.

Just think you much your powers of observation are going to improve.

Edited by Dipole, 07 May 2020 - 04:38 PM.

• stonnerkidd likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!