• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

Sorry im doing this off of my phone and can't find the identification forum for whatever reason and wants an I.D. without having to upload these pictures to my laptop. Anyhoo found these mushrooms growing in an area on grass where my dogs do there business every day. I have been planting old trays out there but these guys look different and not in an area where i have put anything. So im just wondering what they are.e3ee398faf1de0fc97a8500f06fc1dcc.jpga8ca16d2fbc574acf88a49844fc27fe3.jpg84b6576150c9cd76ac805ac0d0b0a00d.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
  • ItBeBasidia and UnHeisenbug like this

#2 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 268 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:42 PM

By the looks of it, I'd say they are either a coprinoid, Psathyrella spp., Or a mycenoid.

Did you happen to make a spore print?

See Psathyrella Candolleana and Parasola Plicatilis

If it's a mycena the spore print would be white.

#3 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:51 PM

By the looks of it, I'd say they are either a coprinoid, Psathyrella spp., Or a mycenoid.

Did you happen to make a spore print?

See Psathyrella Candolleana and Parasola Plicatilis

If it's a mycena the spore print would be white.

The spores appear to be black. But i have not taken a print as all of the specimen were extremely fragile.. There are a bunch of pins i left alone and its right outside my front door so ill check it in the morning. Neat looking though

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

#4 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 268 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2020 - 02:57 PM

I really think it's a Parasola Plicatilis based on the habitat and fragility. I always find them on grass fields, especially in the morning. They tend to be very delicate and shrivel up before the day is done.

They also have black spores

Edited by ItBeBasidia, 12 May 2020 - 02:57 PM.

#5 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:18 PM

I really think it's a Parasola Plicatilis based on the habitat and fragility. I always find them on grass fields, especially in the morning. They tend to be very delicate and shrivel up before the day is done.

They also have black spores

Thanks bud! I knew they weren't active, but I am trying to be more knowledgeable about the mushrooms that grow in my local environment. I appreciate your help! :biggrin:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!