Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

A growing tub I came across filled with mail from Suisse.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:53 AM

The photos are of Psilocybe stuntzii but the chromatograms and content are all the publications and mail to me from Tjakko Stijve, former head chemist of Nestles who loves mushrooms and has published on Psilocybe and even ate a few in the past. Now retired and not in the best of health.  YEs, that is a grow tub that all those papers, journals and chemical analytical photos are in.  

DSCN8664abc.jpg   

mjshroomer / man of knowledge

• onediadem, makinbones69 and ItBeBasidia like this

#2 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:23 PM

Oh wow, I would love to jump in there and start reading :) sounds like a fun weekend!

#3 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

I absolutely love doing research,.

May I say John,. I have been reading your issues of ethnomycological journals. What a refreshing and awesome read,. Some of the articles are a little tough to get through time to time, but the ones I find interesting are such a great time to read up,. Very much enthralled,. I’ve only read issue 10 and 9,.

Idk where to find the rest?

#4 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:25 PM

I absolutely love doing research,.

May I say John,. I have been reading your issues of ethnomycological journals. What a refreshing and awesome read,. Some of the articles are a little tough to get through time to time, but the ones I find interesting are such a great time to read up,. Very much enthralled,. I’ve only read issue 10 and 9,.

Idk where to find the rest?

Hi there.  Glad you enjoy my work.  Usually on Ebay.  Issues I-VII have been sold out for a long time.  Issue VIII was a short bio, Sex, Mushrooms and Rock and Roll and was $50.00 a copy. It cost me 465 dollars a copy to print with full color and then 14 copes had to me mailed to individuals who helped in the edit, the blurbs and some photos. Those cost me $17 dollars each to mail because they were to contributors overseas.  

Xi was to be my last copy as it is the Compendium of the Neurotropc Fungi: Part IIL Psilocybian Mushrooms and Related Species.

It is now at close to 500 pages. However I want to add about 150 photos.   It covers 2700 refs to the subject of the fungi With 2400 annotations and more than 10,000 cross-references.

Originally in 1998-2000. it was on a DVD with direct links from the Cross-Reference ndex to the actual author-date citation. It had over 1680 thumbnails \with info and link to a full screen sized image.  However, there is no way i can put 1890 images in the issue.

I had wanted to ut the revised, issue of Teonanacatl: Ancient Shamanic and Contemporary Mushroom Names of Mesoamerica and Other Regions of the World into Vol. XI, but probably will not.That was to have about 60 fotos of the primary species used in Mesoamerica by the six tribal groups of indigenous peopels who use the mushrooms in sacred healing and curing cereminonies.

In themean time, Here is the proposed cover for that issue.  It was suppose to be out in Jan-March 2020. A bit late for the Late Summer-Fall release now.

Have a Shroomy day,

In the meantime, here is a link to the web archive of my site which has mysteriously been down since November after 22 years on line.

The link is for much of my  published work, not all. You may also find the two past Books of interest,. Over 5-- or more photos in color int two volumes.

https://web.archive....g/articles1.htm  

When at this page, a link to the main index is below on that page.  Also if you go to the main index, there are shortcut if you click the Home Page link on the Main Index page.  Over 12,000 photos.  And also oother articles hard to get by other authors.

i.

#5 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2020 - 03:27 PM

There are also some videos of me on You Tube under my name, John W. Allen.  I am trying to get two - two-hour lectures converted from VHS to DVD.

have a shroomy day,

#6 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

Wow, it’s just such an immense contribution,.

I’m not trying to get you goin, or get u set your skin.

But,.. I just can’t understand how anyone can see what you have accomplished with your personal time and money, and wanna stick their finger in your eye... wtf?

Like it makes me think of something my dad used to say when things weren’t great,. ‘Well, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick’. His way of saying things could be worse,.

But here you should be celebrated for your work, if not like you personally than just the fact that someone has added to scientific literature and spread harm reduction and is trying to put a positive spin on these wonderful sacred little teacher fungi,.

For the good of everyone,.

The hard work we do everyday is the celebration of life and not the actual celebrations we tend to think of with the wine and the parties and the gettin down,. Parades,. Whatever,.

It’s the act of sacrifice and struggle for sustenance physically and mentally that is the real celebration,.

Seems like you got on well,. I wish I could shake your hand homie.
  • butterbean likes this

#7 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 906 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 06:42 PM

Good man.

#8 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 550 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:47 PM

We love you John. Have a shroomy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,636 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 May 2020 - 06:58 AM

Thanks to all.  RRight now I am home alone and will not go out as long as people are not staying their distance and not wearing a mask.

been home except Drs. appts. for almost 3 months.

Luckiilly I have two large 3d Screen TV's, 234 - 3D movies, and over 2000 dvds and over 1000 VHS tapes and another more than 300 VHS with 3-4 movies I taped since 1987 from HBO, Cinemax and On Demand.  Plus my computer I just screwed up last week and having problems with that.

Everyone be safe from the Virus and have a shroomy day,

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!