• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:43 PM

FUUDDDGGEEEE ok well i effing snapped one today. it’s one of the 2 new main branches from topping. it’s really big so it be a shame to get rid of but i mean if there was a time to learn this it’s now maybe in veg mid.... lol anyways it snapped and it’s like half way? like part of it still hangs on so i just put it back up right and have it supported. i don’t wanna mess with it too much. it’s in a weird spot where the V meets. like the two stems make the V shape and it’s at the starting stem near the bottom V. if that makes sense. lol i put tape to help so maybe it will go back??? the other leafs on the brranch seeem dead.... they have no life or can’t support them selves. if i go tomorrow or next day and it’s no sign is life or whatever in the branch do i just cut away??? sucks but damn. anyone will luck bringing a branch back lmk!!! would help lol

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,179 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2020 - 11:18 PM

I would suggest cutting what you can off the broken part in to smaller pieces and create clones. I did see you other thread so I'm just guessing that they are relatively small. Smaller pieces do better as far as recovering and rooting. That's not to say that you couldn't get the whole branch to clone and root, it just get more difficult especially if you wait to long.

If these are the same girls that are in the other thread you may consider keeping all you questions in one thread. It's easier for the folks that want to help keep up with everything that's going on and give better advice. A single thread tells the whole story rather than me assuming that we are talking about the same three plants in your other one. I'm not gonna go find your other one to try and guess, I do remember seeing your pics and reading something about first outdoor grow.

• stonnerkidd likes this

#3 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 01:54 AM

I would suggest cutting what you can off the broken part in to smaller pieces and create clones. I did see you other thread so I'm just guessing that they are relatively small. Smaller pieces do better as far as recovering and rooting. That's not to say that you couldn't get the whole branch to clone and root, it just get more difficult especially if you wait to long.
If these are the same girls that are in the other thread you may consider keeping all you questions in one thread. It's easier for the folks that want to help keep up with everything that's going on and give better advice. A single thread tells the whole story rather than me assuming that we are talking about the same three plants in your other one. I'm not gonna go find your other one to try and guess, I do remember seeing your pics and reading something about first outdoor grow.

ahhh yeah.. i don’t really have space for a clone rn. well i guess i could throw some dirt and great white shark and bam? is it really that easy???? lol tomorrow morning evening i’m going to check the plant. i should see signs of life yes???if no signs and still look same like dead or whatever then i cut off??? does it need a lot of time to recover maybe or will it start to color or fade away? idk what to look for is what i’m saying. I started germinating a couple seeds too so one branch cola isn’t gunna kill me.

#4 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 01:05 AM

good new i think! well some of the water leafs on the branch turned brown and i cut them off. they seemed to be dead. rip. but the other flower and other stems seem to be back to life! it’s back up pointing up and i think in a week or 2 -3 forsure it should be healed. i also discovered that my plants are flowering. I see pistols popping out. and i just gave them veg nuts lol but i transplanted them 3 gallon bad boyz to 10 gallon pots! i got smart pots. hopefully the size should give here the room to move. i didn’t expect my plants to be to rooted..... lmao shit was crazy. next time i need to transplant sooner or get ahead i think to get bigger plants

Edited by stonnerkidd, 16 May 2020 - 01:07 AM.

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,026 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:32 AM

I didn't read this super carefully but if all that happened was a broken branch

Make a splint with Parafilm - wax tape. The branch will heal. The healed tissue will eventually burst the Parafilm and keep growing larger once the wound is healed. I've done this a few times. Topped plants can sometimes split the main stem if the buds get heavy before I get the trellis in place. I've used Parafilm to "bandage" broken branches and split stems with great success.

Good luck!

• Arathu likes this

#6 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:03 PM

I didn't read this super carefully but if all that happened was a broken branch

Make a splint with Parafilm - wax tape. The branch will heal. The healed tissue will eventually burst the Parafilm and keep growing larger once the wound is healed. I've done this a few times. Topped plants can sometimes split the main stem if the buds get heavy before I get the trellis in place. I've used Parafilm to "bandage" broken branches and split stems with great success.
Good luck!

My last grow i accidentally broke a real big branch during some aggressive super - cropping and bending and folding of tops. I basically broke the whole plant in half. So i put the branch exactly back in place like a puzzle piece, and then zip tied that mother Fucker! And sho 'nuff it grew right back on!

The most important factor when it comes to problems or endeavours similar to this is expediency. After every break or cut, the scion needs to be put in place immediately. Leaving the inner flesh exposed for any amount of time will lead to drying which will prevent Union. Minutes count. Seconds even. I'm being a bit hyperbolic but you catch my drift
  • stonnerkidd likes this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,203 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2020 - 07:26 PM

Yea you can graft it back together, a little electrical tape and it will grow back together. Happens from time to time.

That or cut it off and clone it.
That is the safe bet.

Cut to the closest node and dip in root hormone and put in a humid environment for a few days/week or two

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!