• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CrystalShip

CrystalShip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:10 PM

I was concerned at one point thinking it was cobweb mold. I thought I remember reading somewhere that if has hairs at the end then it is cobweb mold. Wasn't sure if it forms in jars as well? Thought it usually formed on substrate during fruiting. The following pictures are from last night Day 8 since I inoculated them in my SAB. I would say they are roughly 25% colonized. Is this a normal pace for these to be growing at? I was under the impression Syzygy was a slow grower. Also ambient temps around the jars in a closet are in the mid 60s to mid 70s max. Again I am totally new at this hopefully this is an over reaction.

post-165216-0-63056800-1590170839_thumb.

20200521_152547.jpg

20200521_152531.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200521_152526(1).jpg

• Myc, Arathu and Cuboid like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,138 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:14 PM

Everything looks great. Totally normal.

Colonization will occur a bit more slowly at the temperatures you specify but it adds a safety factor since mold and bacteria do not thrive at those lower temps.

Keep on keepin' on.

• Arathu and CrystalShip like this

#3 CrystalShip

CrystalShip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:27 PM

Whew. I figured but I was anxious to hear from someone who is familiar. Thank ye for putting that to rest.

Yeah I'm hoping I can start dunking cakes in the first week of June at least if all goes well. Got a whole 2 cu ft. of perlite and a chamber at the ready getting all antsy in their pantsies. :cool:

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,833 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:39 AM

Beauty....and what Myc said.........and I'm also saying those jars look marvelous!

Excellent clear photography and the substrate mixture looks spot on.....steady as she goes captain!

I wouldn't change a thing just let them continue to colonize.....

A

• CrystalShip likes this

#5 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:16 AM

Might also be worth noting for future reference cobweb mold is offwhite and grows fast. It'd take over in a day or two if it was cobweb I think.
  • CrystalShip likes this

#6 CrystalShip

CrystalShip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:35 PM

Arathu thank you for the compliments on the pictures and the mix especially. I really spent my time making sure I had a great mix after lurking so much on many different TEKs and reading about how important a properly mixed substrate was. I have been photo documenting the colonization and so far everything is groovy. Will be posting with more content soon I love being able to share this

Also can't wait to start trying WBS out this weekend. :biggrin:

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!