Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Micro dosing on Mushies WITH prescription medications?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shaz

Shaz

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 06:55 AM

Hi everyone,

So my cousin (and myself) suffer from anxiety... my cousin has been prescribed some medication to help with this, while I've decided to attack my anxiety head on.

I am aware that there are some studies that show that micro dosing on mushies could help with anxiety - I can feel an improvement from just chowing down on one of the smallest dryest mushies from my very first own grow. I want my cousin to try this with me, but then there's the issue of the prescription meds... Can she take her meds and micro dose at the same time? Will it not cause issues with the meds? Also keep in mind - neither of us has actually tripped on mushrooms. I've only ever eaten 2 small dry mushies on 2 separate occasions and already note small improvements.
Hope to hear from you all soon.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:30 AM

You should definitely do some research on the subject. There is always a risk with serotonin syndrome but usually that risk is low. Going blind on a limb here since we know nothing about the severity of her condition nor the meds she's taking. SSRI's dull or block the magic and benzodiazepines basically counteract the effects from the mushrooms. I'm not saying that they won't help at all, just that she won't get the full benefits of her prescription or the mushroom if she mixes. Some actually use the mushroom to help taper off the SSRI's.

Microdosing can take a long time to see actual lasting effects even if you get some relief while under the influence. Its not a cure but more a tool to help you achieve a goal. Where as there a lot of studies that actually show that single full sized does can give relief from anxiety for up to six months, but there's the chance that it might not either. it's funny how we are all wired just a lil different from a chemistry stand point.

• Shaz likes this

#3 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:53 AM

Welcome along Shaz,

One more post and you are a free member. You can join us in the Microdosing sub forum and ask away.

The 3rd Wave website has some good free resources/information on Microdosing https://thethirdwave.co/microdosing/

I'm pretty sure they had a section reviewing the possible interactions with different meds but I can't seem to find it just now.

This topic does come up regularly so a search of Mycotopia should bring up some previous discussions.

(You Google the search terms and restrict results to a particular site like "site:mycotopia.net microdosing and SSRI" for instance)

• Shaz likes this

#4 Zorkloin

Zorkloin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

I'm in a pickle because I take Remeron ( mirtazapine ) , a benzo, and am habituated to kratom ( five grams every six hours or so ) Remeron is not quite the same as Prozac, but it's a trip killer for sure. Last time I had some psyil. around, I discontinued it for three days or so. I got effects and visuals, was a bit strong and it kinda scared me

Now I'm older, a bit sicker, and bit wiser, and need the healing just as bad

The Valium , I've taken it long enough that I can't "not" take it. I can take 5mg in a twenty four hour period, or I can take 40.   I am just going to have to figure out what will work. I would like to be able to discontinue the Remeron. It's no good I'm on such a potentially dangerous cocktail. It bothers me quite a bit.

I'm lulled into complacency by having the benzo prescription, I take as little as possible and hope I get a chance to get off of the stuff on my own terms, and not be forced because it suddenly becomes unavailable. I Have had one seizure in the past from trying to stop it too quickly.

Edited by Zorkloin, 01 June 2020 - 07:22 PM.

• Shaz likes this

#5 Psemperviva

Psemperviva

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:34 PM

What medication is your cousin prescribed? There’s a few different things commonly prescribed for anxiety, benzos being the most common. AFAIK benzos just diminish the effects of tryptamines so you have to take more to feel the desired effect.

I would say they should use microdoses to help ween off the anxiety medication, and not to plan on using them together long term.

I’ve seen microdoses used, successfully, to help ween off depression meds.

Sincerely
-not a doctor
  • Shaz likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!