• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#241 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

Still don't understand no cop zones. Man pays his taxes.

According to the Seattle popo, there is no such thing as a no cop zone.   So that was the dudes tax dollars at work. 

https://www.marketwa...city-2020-06-16

Just like the Chicago police were on duty when they broke into Bobby Rush's office for a nap, and some popcorn while rioting and looting were going on in the neighborhood outside their windows.

[Direct Link]

Okay Seattle cops say there isn't any no cope zones, so what gives? I don't get it. Cops say there aren't any no cop zones when there are obviously no cop zones. Who is pissed off about not getting their way?

I like the idea of licenses for police work.

Many jobs - plumbers, electricians, structural framing, etc. - require a license as proof of qualification. These licenses often have "continuing education" requirements and must be renewed every three years or so.

The reason for a license is pretty obvious since a mistake made by any of these tradesmen during the performance of their work could result in a threat to safety of both life and property.

The police have the same powers - for the most part. Just like a poorly constructed electrical system could get you injured or damage property - poorly executed police work carries the same ramifications.

Great idea on requiring licenses. If that sets the bar too high and excludes a lot of folks from a career in law enforcement - then so be it. Raise the bar and raise the quality of service in direct proportion (in my opinion).

Healthcare work carries a lot of licensed personal. Cops should have to carry personal liability insurance as well. 

That is crazy. Everyone one of them should be fired if they were supposed to be on duty. Everyone of them should be charged for being inside a place they should not have been inside. 

• Myc, Juthro and ElPirana like this

#242 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

I have a feeling that we're starting to get a sneak peek at the GOP's "October surprise," which will be intended to scare the electorate into voting for the hard-line "law and order" platform that Trump & co. will try to frame himself to represent (oh the irony...).

I hope that anyone reading this is staying aware of what's going on enough to know about the Feds (mainly from DHS) who are kidnapping protesters in Portland in unmarked vehicles and without insignia on their uniforms. That's about as Authoritarian/Fascist as it gets (secret police whisking citizens off the street into unmarked vehicles was one of those "it'll never happen here" lines most Americans assumed that the U.S. would never cross).

Portland is apparently a test-case. This is not good at all.

In an NPR interview with acting Homeland Security Deputy Secretary Ken Cuccinelli, he was quoted as saying:

Well, we are – we welcome – the more investigations, the better. With as much lawbreaking is going on, we’re seeking to prosecute as many people as are breaking the law as it relates to federal jurisdiction. That’s not always happening with respect to local jurisdiction and local offenses. But, you know, this is a posture we intend to continue not just in Portland but in any of the facilities that we’re responsible for around the country.

https://www.npr.org/...in-portland-ore

Where do you draw your line?

It's time to have an answer to that question before it gets answered for you. If the present trend continues then we haven't really even begun to see "cities on fire" yet. So far it's just been a few sparks compared to what's coming unless those in power suddenly and spontaneously regain their sanity. Intelligent and rational leaders would be nice, but at this point I'd settle for "sane."

I guess it's also time to start the #AbolishDHS hashtag on Twitter so people can up-vote it and feel satisfied they've "done something about it." FWIW, that bizarre and redundant Agency really does need disbanding, and we are now seeing why.

Edited by TVCasualty, 18 July 2020 - 05:07 PM.

• Arathu, PJammer24 and Skywatcher like this

#243 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:13 AM

Do a search on: homeland security ammunition...

Then think about why DHS needed to get nearly five rounds of ammo for every American man, woman, and child, all bought up at one time.  It was a time when all the shelves of ammo at the country hardware and gun stores were empty of any halfway popular caliber, and we eventually learned why.

Oh yeah, who was it who popularized the term for Portland, OR, "little Beirut?"   I think this was mainly because of one little listener supported radio station in that city.  I, the country bumpkin, when making runs to the city for provisions, or to attend a political rally, found myself being photographed by suits or cops.  This was in the '80s or '90s, as I have long since been on the burn-out that came from trying to stop the see eye eh from bringing their bad drugs into the country.   I found I was pissin' into the wind, to try to get any action from the politicos, or increase awareness in an Operation Mockingbird media manipulated populace.

I think we're seeing a little antisocial engineering.

Edited by Alder Logs, 19 July 2020 - 10:37 AM.

• Myc likes this

#244 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

Here's one way to deny the jackboots any justification to assault or shoot you when you're protesting:

[Direct Link]

This still photo from the video has not been edited, I swear:

post-102948-0-96457200-1595177628.jpg

She's known as "Naked Athena" now, and is already a legend. There's a bit more coverage of her (so to speak) on Twitter at #nakedathena if you're a Twit.

There have actually been two legends created in Portland this week, the other being Captain Portland, a Navy veteran who got his hand broke by some sniveling little Desert Storm cosplayer before taking a couple of OC blasts to the face at point-blank range and still managed to walk off calmly and non-violently (which showed incredible restrain on his part) while giving two one-finger salutes:

[Direct Link]

Unless you can take baton strikes without flinching like Captain Portland (aka Thor) then it looks like protesting naked is the way to go, though I would advise footwear. The only reason the jackbooted morons fired off a few pepper ball rounds when she was standing in front of them was because of the wanna-be savior jackasses with the shields who were approaching and getting in the way, as if she didn't realize what she was doing or something.

Attached Thumbnails

• NakedAthena.jpg

• Wimzers likes this

#245 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2020 - 11:23 PM

[Direct Link]

• flashingrooster likes this

#246 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,131 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

Then think about why DHS needed to get nearly five rounds of ammo for every American man, woman, and child, all bought up at one time.  It was a time when all the shelves of ammo at the country hardware and gun stores were empty of any halfway popular caliber, and we eventually learned why.

Probably just a ploy to deny harmless, legal gun owners ammunition to have and practice with. Sam has lots of money. He could buy every bullet on the market, put them all on the bottom of the ocean, all before lunch.

#247 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,265 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

I thought it was a great move on the part of DHS. Now, we know where all of that ammo is and who is carrying it when we need it most. ;)

#248 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

I guess I was premature in posting this thread back at the end of May.

Back then cities were merely smouldering a little compared to how things are looking now. It's beyond blatantly obvious that this is an attempt to scare the naive into supporting a strong daddy-figure promising to restore the "law and order" that daddy shattered just so that he could attempt to claim credit for restring it (assuming he can restore anything close it; I get the sense that using this old tactic is going to fail and backfire spectacularly).

I'm amazed that there hasn't been a real bloodbath yet. I bet we get one before Election Day since no one is going to back down, and at this point the protests have become self-sustaining since they are now shifting to protesting the response to the prior protests (that had just about fizzled to nothing and were overwhelmingly peaceful when Twitler sent in the 'roid raging goon squad to reignite cities). I guess if protesters had really wanted to have a peaceful protest that was left alone by the Feds they would have occupied a Wildlife Refuge while being well-armed instead.

And where the hell are the "Boogaloo Boys?" They sure talked a bunch of shit about fighting government oppression or whatever the hell they were flexing about, so I'd have assumed that current events are their wet dream coming true and they'd be on the front line with their hyper-accessorized rifles and matching tactical vests actively opposing the Federal insanity rather than the groups of moms, nurses, and honorably-discharged military veterans that actually ARE showing up (unarmed, no less). I guess "boys" suits them as a name since they were apparently only playing dress-up. But they'll courageously fight for freedumb against the tyranny of wearing a mask for a few minutes while they're shopping. Figures; it's "the culture."

NRA_fail.jpg

• riseabovethought likes this

#249 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:14 PM

I thought it was a great move on the part of DHS. Now, we know where all of that ammo is and who is carrying it when we need it most. ;)

Interesting point.  Reb

It just occurred to me that the protesters going anywhere near the Federal goon squads should be wearing hidden GPS tracking transmitters so maybe their friends can learn where they were taken if they get black-bagged off the street.

I'm also wondering why no one has brought a bucket of marbles or ball bearings to dump out in front of the goons when they begin another assault.

• Myc likes this

#250 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:06 AM

Well damn, this sure ain't helping: https://www.latimes....on-executioners

LA Sheriff's Deputies have been forming their own brutality-based gangs (which started in the jails, where all Deputies begin their careers with the Department). These gangs are entrenched in many substations and dictate the culture within the station (and the careers of those who work there, which is great if you're in the gang but not so great if you're not, which is why the guy featured in the article is suing).

I was also able to finally connect a few dots recently and now know not only that my cousin is part of that shit, but also which gang he's in now that I know what his more eyebrow-raising tattoos mean (he's not in the "Executioners," but there's a bunch of those cop-gangs). This is fucking insane, and disheartening. And it sucks to have to acknowledge that some of my relatives are the bad guys (his father, my uncle by marriage and a retired LAPD cop, is a genuinely evil, racist, and abusive psychopath who is universally reviled and not welcome anywhere near the rest of the family).

:thumbs_down:

#251 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,562 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2020 - 02:41 PM

So Antifa was officially categorized as a terrorist organization. I am not a fan of antifa or their tactics but this is troubling on it's own. When we start labeling our own citizens as terrorists. It becomes real easy to get scooped up off the street by plain clothes officers and held indefinitely without cause.

Scary stuff when you start to fear imprisonment for speaking out against your own government.

• Juthro likes this

#252 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM

Fuck antifa. If they actually gave a crap about black lives `I wouldn't have a problem with them. I seriously need to get a life lol. I have been breathing too much resin fumes.

• Juthro and flashingrooster like this

#253 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,151 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

So Antifa was officially categorized as a terrorist organization. I am not a fan of antifa or their tactics but this is troubling on it's own. When we start labeling our own citizens as terrorists. It becomes real easy to get scooped up off the street by plain clothes officers and held indefinitely without cause.

Scary stuff when you start to fear imprisonment for speaking out against your own government.

And the fans of Insane Clown Posse are a "gang," lol.

Someone please remind me again how many people this so-called "Antifa" group has killed vs. how many have been killed by reactionary psycho rednecks in pickup trucks or shooting out of their car windows in hysterical response to the presence of Antifa (whether real or imagined).

Not that it matters. "Antifa" is basically a logo and an idea, not a centralized group that can be targeted by conventional methods of suppressing political organizations with clear leadership, so by simply adopting a different logo and calling themselves something else those who wants to remain a part of what's going on can continue to without falling under the definition of an "Antifa terrorist."

I don't support nor do I oppose Antifa, mainly because there is no single definition or description that encompasses everything that the name is associated with. In that respect it's just like the word "militia." Which is to say it's a word that needs a clear and specific definition before any meaningful discussion can be had about it.

#254 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,562 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:03 PM

I agree, fuck Antifa. It's a bit of a sticky subject for me. On one hand I want them to go away. But I have to ask the question when we start to do those types of things, how long until it gets turned back onto you. And by that time you are powerless to do anything about it. Much like when Alex Jones was cancelled I was all for it, now in retrospect It feels like a tipping point where we should have stuck up for freedom of speech. Even if that speech is crazy nonsense, when you think about it though...  Was he really doing anything different than what the national enquirer did for decades? 

The sandy hook thing sunk him, watching the pain caused to those parent's by truthers on the internet was hard to watch.

Most of the things I was about to say came from this Joe Rogan podcast I watched today. It feels like one of the few places where I don't just get the established narrative pushed by politicians and the media. Some people talking it out and trying to make sense of all the bullshit we get fed. Maybe it's just me reinforcing my cognitive bias but it's nice to hear someone else think the way you do

Antifa hijacked the moment about police brutality and ruined it with all these big bullshit dreams of tearing the system down and rebuilding it with hopes and dreams. You could easily consider the thing's they are doing as criminal, trying to unwind the fabric of society. I wonder do we really need the designation terrorist to be able to prosecute these people? Am I wrong to say with that name they can throw your ass in Guantanamo and hold you indefinitely without cause?

Just thinking out loud here, maybe they are more trouble than I realize and this is a tool to help police prosecute them. Just like the Patriot act   :victorious:

And yeah, Juggalo's as a gang, what a bunch of bullshit. I was listening to those two talk about it on Stern a few years back. They are Funny guys, surprisingly I think most people would enjoy their company

Edited by flashingrooster, 05 August 2020 - 05:05 PM.

• onediadem likes this

#255 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,562 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:10 PM

Check out this blatant gang recruiting

[Direct Link]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!