#21 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM

Died of Natural Causes - 

Well, I guess the police officer was not a robot. So the guy who killed Floyd was very natural indeed. Ergo: Floyd died of natural causes. 

Makes sense to me. 

• Alder Logs likes this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:40 AM

If anyone needs to show a "smoking gun" to someone who is skeptical about how the vast majority (if not all) of the violence and destruction is at the very least being instigated and begun by either white kids living out their Purge fantasy or undercovers trying to discredit the movement then here is a list of smoking guns so long I quit scrolling eventually: https://twitter.com/...598693647638528

The footage of the pallet of bricks that had been left conveniently at an intersection where there was no construction anywhere in sight was a nice touch, if lacking in subtlety.

This is both really good news and really bad news at the same time.

Word is getting out, so hopefully those fuckers will be stopped with extreme prejudice, so to speak.

Twitter won't allow me to see that.

#23 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:41 AM

Died of Natural Causes - 

Well, I guess the police officer was not a robot. So the guy who killed Floyd was very natural indeed. Ergo: Floyd died of natural causes. 

Makes sense to me. 

Like was said, when it goes to trial, the cop's defense will leverage that ME's report into an acquittal.

I don't guess it has been widely explained what true looting is either.  The looting started a while back, the real shooting is probably yet to come.  

I am seeing this nation as if it were the Edmond Fitzgerald carrying twenty six thousand tons more than it weighs empty, as the wind in the wires is making a tattle-tail sound.

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 June 2020 - 10:36 AM.

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,651 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

If anyone needs to show a "smoking gun" to someone who is skeptical about how the vast majority (if not all) of the violence and destruction is at the very least being instigated and begun by either white kids living out their Purge fantasy or undercovers trying to discredit the movement then here is a list of smoking guns so long I quit scrolling eventually: https://twitter.com/...598693647638528

The footage of the pallet of bricks that had been left conveniently at an intersection where there was no construction anywhere in sight was a nice touch, if lacking in subtlety.

Word is getting out, so hopefully those fuckers will be stopped with extreme prejudice, so to speak.

How so? You mean the page won't load? Or just that one post showing the pallet of bricks? I have to tweak my script blocker to see anything at all on twitter, which I only do on a case-by-case basis since it's twitter.

Anyway, it seems that only one person ended up getting shot by the National Guard last night (in Kentucky) after allegedly shooting at them first, which is remarkable considering where things stand.

And the "natural causes" thing isn't going to go over well. A good argument can and should be made that if he otherwise would not have died at that moment then his death was not "natural" in the sense being implied. Considering the intellectual state of this country at the moment, the cop's defense attorney could even argue that Floyd's dying in custody while pinned to the ground by a knee on his neck was merely a coincidence and half of the jury would probably believe it. They are the same kinds of morons who spit on people for wearing masks during a pandemic, which is apparently still a thing too.

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:07 AM

Better watch that the death certificate doesn't wind up saying the cause of death was COVID-19. 

Okay, the Twitter link took me to a page that said, "Something went wrong."   This time there was a "Try Again," link, and that has taken me in.  Last time it wanted me to log in or register.   I don't have a login for Twitter.

#26 newmoon

newmoon

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

I've been at the protests here in mpls every day except yesterday (including when the initial fires were set), and the media narrative is certainly being spun. The protests were peaceful until the cops started gassing and shooting people, and the first wave of property damage was largely led by kids from the neighborhood who were justifiably angry about what the cops and the city have done to our communities. The city is now under a hostile occupation of something like 4000 national guard soldiers and police from most of the agencies in the state, with black hawk helicopters flying surveillance overhead 24/7. There are certainly some outside agitators and people with bad intentions present, but the state is also pushing that narrative with little evidence to justify an increasingly harsh and violent crackdown.

It's sad to see small businesses in the neighborhood (and many of our grocery stores and amenities) go up in flames, but I think it's important to remember that this is an almost unprecedented and basically righteous uprising of the people against the brutality, negligence, and hostility of the state, and we shouldn't let the narrative escape us.

• roscoe, Moonless and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#27 newmoon

newmoon

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

I'd also say that, while I have mixed feelings about businesses being looted or burned (and am quite unhappy about the small businesses, libraries, post offices and so on being damaged), the cop shop going up in flames was glorious and, in my mind, a wonderfully positive testament to the strength of the younger generation.

• Moonless likes this

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

I don't know how to link to a particular Twitter post, but in watching the thread the Teev posted, I just viewed the video where the mock protestor got out of the big black SUV that was obviously the cops, and they all are lying.  Let's do everything we can to keep our minds open and not get spun by any corporate state official lines.   If it comes from the government or a media corporation, make sure to verify.  Have these ever done anything to earn our trust?   The Supreme Court says it's okay for ads to lie to us.  Fuck all the lying liars.

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 June 2020 - 11:29 AM.

• riseabovethought and Moonless like this

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:41 AM

Why make a protest into a riot?  Cui Bono?

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 June 2020 - 11:46 AM.

#30 newmoon

newmoon

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:52 AM

If the cops who murdered George Floyd had been arrested promptly, and if the MPD hadn't decided to deal with mostly peaceful protests with barrages of tear gas, 40mm marking rounds, and flashbang grenades, this wouldn't have turned into an uprising.

• Juthro and Cuboid like this

#31 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

I generally ignore foreign news not about medicine or science, so I'm not acquainted with all of the details of this, but I doubt this is about that Floyd guy.

People are unemployed, frightened, and bored to tears because of covid. There really isn't anything they can do about covid. It was just a matter of time before some tiny spark triggered this and gave people an excuse to make some excitement.

I have a friend in London who has seen protests about this. In London!

Whats next, will swedes demand "justice" and burn a local library? Will Uzbekistan have race riots "because of floyd"?

This is simply people behaving badly, mostly because they are not equipped to handle adversity maturely.

I've seen riots on the horizon ever since people started hoarding toilet paper.

Its just stress making immature people do irrational things.

As an aside, every time people post youtube videos about crimes by the american police the video is promptly deleted from youtube. Is there some sort of .onion site where socially relevant youtube videos are archived for posterity?

• Oneyedraven likes this

#32 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,580 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:03 PM

It worked for me, and I have never had an account or registered with them.  I'm guessing it was just a glitch, try again.

#33 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

I just found a cool article detailing how all this rioting is being viewed throughout the world.

One angle, in particular, seems interesting to me. From the article:

" In China, the protests are being viewed through the prism of U.S. government criticism of China's crackdown on anti-government protests in Hong Kong.

Hu Xijin, the editor of the state-owned Global Times newspaper, tweeted that U.S. officials can now see protests out their own windows: “I want to ask Speaker Pelosi and Secretary Pompeo: Should Beijing support protests in the U.S., like you glorified rioters in Hong Kong?”  "

Here's the whole story:

https://www.yahoo.co...-130003544.html

I really wonder if civil unrest is being sponsored from a number of sources - not just hostile police officers.

• TVCasualty, Alder Logs, Juthro and 1 other like this

#34 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 01:58 PM

They knew this would happen, if they didnt get them the money, which is why we authorized the 2.2 Trillion that was easily printed and in between the printer and the people, was looted by the 1% richest people, running the richest companies in America.  They knew this would happen, which is why the CARES money was allowed to go out.  It was in order to prevent this, so no one can say any of this is a surprise, nor is it about Floyd or the police.  Yes, its about exploitation, and that rage has been amplified by the LOOTING of the CARES money by the rich people.  How could the gatekeepers let that happen, if it were not intentional?

Hey, did you hear the DOJ dropped their cases against those Congressmen who got caught insider -trading when they were briefed top secret clearance info about the coronavirus coming, and sold their stock, protecting their millions, meanwhile telling us everything was okay.  Damn shame when justice aint justice anymore.  I guess its been that way awhile now in some parts.  Damn shame.

Edited by riseabovethought, 01 June 2020 - 02:25 PM.

• Alder Logs and Moonless like this

#35 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,580 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:16 PM

I cannot stand trump, but the last thing he is, is racist.

I respectfully disagree about him not being a racist, One. 

Here is an artical from The Atlantic laying out some talking points about trump's racism over the course of the last 50 years or so.

https://www.theatlan...omments/588067/

Edited by Juthro, 01 June 2020 - 02:27 PM.

• Wimzers likes this

#36 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,580 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:26 PM

I really wonder if civil unrest is being sponsored from a number of sources - not just hostile police officers.

I would be willing to bet that it is.  Just like I'm willing to bet the source of the unrest in Hong Kong, and in other countries around the world is often nurtured, and at least partially funded and organised by the US.

• Myc and Wimzers like this

#37 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,228 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:35 PM

Okay, follow that line farther, if our intelligence agencies are fueling the fires, what do they have to gain?  Why?  Trump says he likes controversy.  Is it just more controversy they are after?  They already got all the money. 

Now they want war.  I think they'll get it too.

Edited by riseabovethought, 01 June 2020 - 02:41 PM.

#38 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

The suggestion is that foreign agencies - acting just as US agencies act in other countries - might be influencing, promoting, or otherwise cultivating this culture of division we seem to be experiencing.

As if someone really needs a break-down of order so as to capitalize upon the resultant confusion.

It's time to relax, protest but not degrade into confrontation or violence. I want to compare our own local protests but one of them got out of hand and the police had to use tear-gas in order to flee the scene. So, to some degree this is happening everywhere.

It seems to come down to how local law enforcement handles the situation. Here, law enforcement only deployed gas in order to facilitate their escape from the angry mob. Then they pulled back to a safe distance rather than engaging and making things worse. Some things got burned but that isolated section can be repaired. If they had burned down the city - that's harder to get over.

To my knowledge, there have been no further incidents.

But we've learned from the past.

In a recent Trump rally there was big trouble - fires, riots, etc.

It was determined that the source of the aggression was instigated by a group of individuals who all arrived by bus for the event. I'm not sure if they were ever identified or had any affiliations but they were acting as an "instigation crew" according to the investigation. Things were learned and policies were put into place.

Edited by Myc, 01 June 2020 - 02:47 PM.

• riseabovethought likes this

#39 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,651 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:40 PM

I just found a cool article detailing how all this rioting is being viewed throughout the world.

One angle, in particular, seems interesting to me. From the article:

" In China, the protests are being viewed through the prism of U.S. government criticism of China's crackdown on anti-government protests in Hong Kong.

Hu Xijin, the editor of the state-owned Global Times newspaper, tweeted that U.S. officials can now see protests out their own windows: “I want to ask Speaker Pelosi and Secretary Pompeo: Should Beijing support protests in the U.S., like you glorified rioters in Hong Kong?”  "

Here's the whole story:

https://www.yahoo.co...-130003544.html

Well then here's to hoping that Hong Kong's residents can be inspired to begin a real fight for the freedom that they are currently unambiguously losing. Maybe the CIA can help? Or rather, I hope the CIA is helping enough. I have faith in the Agency in that respect, lol.

Still, it's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison and I suspect that that Chinese bootlicker knows it.

What's happening in HK is more akin to a Party taking power in the U.S. and passing a law that rescinds the Constitution. In that sort of context it's arguably justifiable to take the position that if We the People can't live with even basic freedoms then no one else can, either (and so if efforts at securing freedom fail it would be justified to burn the whole motherfucker down, and to be clear I'm talking about HK for now).

"He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing." (from Frank Herbert's Dune)

Sometimes opposing forms of destructive control collide; the Chinese gov't can destroy Hong Kong's freedom, but Hong Kong's residents can destroy Hong Kong. I guess the winner will be whichever sides is willing to proceed without fear by not clinging too tightly to the notion of continuing to exist.

#40 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

Don't forget that the private and public prison industry doubles as a corporate Rent-a-Slave biz.   Cui bono, once again?   Was it Kamala Harris who didn't want to release prisoners in CA because they would lose the cash flow? 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!