• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

Hey guys! so i like to make bubble hash when i harvest but question is how... ok well i know to get the 5 gallon and the bags to do the wash. but should i really look into the Ice wash machine???? I seen some heady people mix their own material and just use a big big spoon and go at it. but do they just do one wash? or two? I also seen them just throw ice and water and material in. no filter bag like i seen others. i’m guessing they are really trynna take everything off plant and count on the bags to take out the caca??? would maybe a Machine washer give me the same or better results????? If i use the ice machine for bubble hash could i just add water and ice and material? no baggie??? whatever tips be helpful thanks! Lmk a good press machine too please looking into all

#2 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:07 AM

When I started before going to BHO. I used this.

https://www.bubblebagdude.co/

Good luck.
  • Juthro likes this

#3 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 02:05 PM

When I started before going to BHO. I used this.

https://www.bubblebagdude.co/

Good luck.

THANK YOUU!!!!! ok cool. Question well do you think it’s better or worth it to try Fresh Frozen?? And ok so fresh frozen is i Cut the plant, let it dry for 3-5 days and hang dry then put in baggy and freeze until use???
Or is it literally Cut the plant down and trim up best and then straight in baggy frozen??? Don’t really let it dry??? I plan on making a solvent less wax with it. i don’t wanna expect great great smokin A1 looking bud. But they do look and smell like the greatest shit ever! Lol week 2-3 flower. Thanks pointing me the right way!

#4 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

I've never made fresh frozen so i can't speak on that. I would recommend using a hald held electric egg beater instead of the washing machine based solely on price. Especially for the home grower whose main priority is securing a head stash
  • Hash_Man and stonnerkidd like this

#5 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:54 PM

I am not familiar with fresh frozen. But by all means if you can use things around the house to create DO IT!! When i purchased my washer it was $99.99, damn now $179.99. Things sure have changed, you can add buds and ice to a mason jar and shake, shake, shake and pour through a coffee filter if you want some fast. There are a multitude of diff ways of making it.

Good luck.
  • stonnerkidd likes this

#6 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:50 PM

Fresh frozen is just that, freeze your freshly picked plant then process with ice water. Try to field trim all the sun leaves off before harvesting.

For BHO with fresh plants (live resin?) I think they recommend drying it for a day or two before freezing? Otherwise the butane doesn't extract as efficiently? Please double check that.

#7 Choices

Choices

Kindred Soul

• Black VIP
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:22 PM

I’ve never frozen my buds before doing a run of BHO. Always freshly dried. Now wondering if that would be even more effective or if it’s to much cold. I wouldn’t even know how to tell other than maybe taste??

Edited by Choices, 02 June 2020 - 09:23 PM.

#8 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:32 PM

yeah welll it’s 179$ for the machine which is like 99$ still but the bubble bag kit is like 50 and other small stuff. i think think. cause i could’ve worn i seen them yeah for around 100. Hmmmmm well in thaaaat case. maybe just getting the bags and small stuff tools and wait for machine. i could get bags for 50 maybe and just use 5 gallon and a plastic or metal pedal and wash. i don’t mind by hand i need soemthing to do. lol and well i have 3 plants of the same strain so i think i might keep some of each plant for flower smoke and long cure, and the rest will by fresh frozen hash run. Later then presedddd hopefully. anyone have a link or know a good press low temp?

Edited by stonnerkidd, 02 June 2020 - 09:34 PM.

#9 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:45 PM

You don't need a machine unless you want convenience and new toy joy. Bubble bags work great for ice water and dry ice extraction. Supposedly slow churning makes better product than beating the heck out of it. You should probably plan on at least 2 runs. Feel the wet flower/leaves after first extraction, most likely still sticky and smells nice. Run it again, if it is still sticky, try for a third run, drop it in a pot with butter or compost it.

You can also run it without bags or do small batches by using mesh strainers and coffee filters.

Recently, my old neighbor dropped off some fresh plants. They were dried and CO2 extracted using bags. The hash smelled weird so it was cold water washed in a jar and formed soap like bubbles on the surface and colored the water. After a few rinses, the water was clean so the hash was run through a coffee filter and dried. It makes some mighty edibles now! :)
  • stonnerkidd and Choices like this

#10 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:50 PM

Choices, freezing fresh before BHO gives you more terps and other volatiles lost during drying.

Stoner, if you are talking heat/press extraction for personal use, check into adjustable temp flat irons and construction clamps.

#11 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 11:26 PM

Choices, freezing fresh before BHO gives you more terps and other volatiles lost during drying.

Stoner, if you are talking heat/press extraction for personal use, check into adjustable temp flat irons and construction clamps.

i love the advice! thank you! yes ok. and well is their a website or somewhere that has the whole kit??? i need the whole pressing machine. brand new too bubble hash too lol. Trynna do it the right way! and ok cool so i will order the bags soon soon and use the 5 gallon and slow turn a couple goes. 2-3 and prolly give to friend to make butter with maybe if still good like you said. I know i’m gunna spend some money on a press machine so i’m hoping it’s gunna last me at least a couple year to make it return able money wise. i was hoping maybe 4-7 range? Am i nutz for thinking that or am i gunna have to spend more or less??? i’m in so cal cali so i see a lot of soventless hash wax, or i can get some really get BHo diamonds or some good stuff. so i’m trynna compeat with some heat!!! so i’m trynna get to that level. i really wish to do the solvent-less hash way. Looks really nice when right. would maybe a hydro store have one???? are there stores or somewhere that have em in person? that’s a big shipping order lol heavy

Edited by stonnerkidd, 02 June 2020 - 11:27 PM.

#12 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:53 AM

If you are going for a business level of production then a big press makes sense. If you are trying g for primo, top shelf, solvent free extract then you might not want a press. If you look at the competitions they have in S. CA, some of the winners are almost at BHO levels. It is a bit of an art form, use R/O water, only indoor flower, heavy trichome producing genetics, etc. The better the starting product, the better the ending.

Good luck!
  • TheObserver and stonnerkidd like this

#13 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 11:55 PM

If you are going for a business level of production then a big press makes sense. If you are trying g for primo, top shelf, solvent free extract then you might not want a press. If you look at the competitions they have in S. CA, some of the winners are almost at BHO levels. It is a bit of an art form, use R/O water, only indoor flower, heavy trichome producing genetics, etc. The better the starting product, the better the ending.

Good luck!

ahhh yeah just talked to a buddy too... he said ima need some pounds to make some diamonds. said % extract is not a big yield and you need big material to run to get decent results? is this true??? i only have 3 plants and others on the way. I was hopping flower i get like 3 oz dry from each plant. I got some autos and others too. i will prolly just mash hash or dry swift and then press or find someone who has one.

Edited by stonnerkidd, 03 June 2020 - 11:56 PM.

#14 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,723 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

Certainly for business purposes, you'll need to find growers to supply you.

For your own purposes, you should have a good start with your current # of plants.

I think some of the companies currently using presses will press for you for a price?

Maybe try a few personal test runs and expand from there?

Good luck!
  • stonnerkidd likes this

#15 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:24 AM

Certainly for business purposes, you'll need to find growers to supply you.

For your own purposes, you should have a good start with your current # of plants.

I think some of the companies currently using presses will press for you for a price?

Maybe try a few personal test runs and expand from there?

Good luck!

yes! i think i should just Cure and do flower and do some bubble hash as well and maybe find a press here local. Well i smoke a lot so hopefully! lol i wanna make some creams and stuff as well with trimmings.and with press!, has to be one in LA So Cal lol. Thank you!! i can’t wait till harvest! i got 3 going rn vanilla frosting and i got some just like 2-3 weeks old african orange , cookies auto, blue gelato 41, triple cheese and another. What the average yield you guys would say on a feminized seed in 5-7 gallon?? i know i’m not gunna get extract but what’s the range from high to low. i know strain and all that matters. i’m doing outdoor. i have 10 gallons rn and they aren’t huge but they are short and bushy i have like 10+ colas heads on each. i’m hoping to yield like 3 ozs from each 10 gallon plant. also have 3 gallon auto cookies anyone know the yield on those auto in 3 G??? sorry for dumb questions just want to get a ball park on what i’m working with. cause if i can get one plant to yield like half P then that changes everything and i don’t really need that many in future.

Edited by stonnerkidd, 05 June 2020 - 02:30 AM.

#16 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 02:27 AM

hey ya go! i just started low stress training some too!! pic doesn’t show since

Attached Thumbnails

• 11149517-95AA-43A4-B99D-6A11E4F701B3.jpeg
  • 469A45EB-A3BC-4259-A4F9-9CE2E0FD7794.jpeg
  • 81EC0760-9C20-42CE-AA4D-B27F58E929E0.jpeg
  • B55F508A-8E0F-4A4F-9E00-D247A2BF3A5A.jpeg
  • 5309D12F-6FE9-461C-8A83-100A11AF1123.jpeg

#17 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:47 AM

well today was the day or well NIGHT that i decided to do bubble ice hash! i used my 2-3 auto flower cookies i grew in 3 gallons and 2 grew good size and one was a runtz baby super tiny. I froze all fresh material and got a 20 lb bag of ice and 5 -1 gallon water dist. but i only used 3 maybe. Anyways was a pain in assss i can say forsure doing myhand!!! feeling like pop eye with for arms ahhaah. omg but it was chill and cool. Took my time and just had fun. I see i need more buckets and maybe a washer machine ahah. i can see how more material tho would be crazy cool! i only used like 1 fullll bag of xip lock bag. maybe 2-3 oz ?? but its fresh so hard to tell weight. I cant wait to run my big 20 gallon pots vanilla frosting! and blue gelato and others. i feel like these are phyto types the ones that take longer to grow will really have terps city and mush flavor and big and frosty! well i hope. im shappinh and picking off leaves every day. looking good now! 2-3 weeks its wass bushed up crazy. but been hacking at it. they look great ill post pics later on the bug vanilla frostings. but here some hash pics i got! Heres my hash i got . i didnt do a good job seperatinh the graded level hash. next time will do and have system. lol first time just winged alot but still all good! wanted to get the feel and idea with this run!

Attached Thumbnails

• EF60CA52-141F-44D5-9702-9DE241925954.jpeg
  • 9829270F-E963-48D3-834E-2AA56DE888F1.jpeg
  • E451DFE6-F475-4D71-8E0F-995C00BE0919.jpeg
  • 3CDCC10B-B176-4CB6-954B-63C51F35589B.jpeg
  • 8D9B1E36-DB00-4F7D-803A-C4EB389B27C6.jpeg

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#18 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:37 PM

Hello how do I go about collecting hash??? I had rolled a couple balls of the darker hash. But the fine hash how do I store and collect??? I have a dry freezer but it’s the one for ice creams. Deep freezer. I don’t wanna damage the hash by mistake but next tim3 maybe. lmk!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!