9 replies to this topic

#1 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:40 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Hup!

Think this is my first trip report here.

Mushies have been imparting some important bits of wisdom my way over the last year-  One of the most elementary, practical and life changing is just how important water is- from the perspective of hydration

Hydration is Salvation! frequently says by a foaf

Most of us are terribly dehydrated all of the time- and we've come to accept this as baseline

I had this impressed upon me strongly over the winter, and began upping my water consumption considerably, with astounding effects as far as how I experience Consciousness and my body (pro tip- add salt, especially if reverse osmosis, and/or drinking large quantities)- though, like with many new habits, this slowly began tapering off and I found myself again eating when I was thirsty, and slipping back into a general state of numb-dryness.

We're 99% water fyi. Life=Flow. Stagnation=Illness.

Drink more water.

Anyhow

Beginning with my trip over the weekend- My friend and I ate some Mazatecs with the intention of hiking to a newfound, semi-nearby semi-remote lake. 

After an hour or so of hiking, I'd managed to finish the half gallon of water that I had in my bottle, and my friends was nearly gone as well. Mushrooms really activate my amphibian-self; my h2o requirements go through the roof. Though, it's probably making me more aware of this as well. Well, the need for thirst began becoming more urgent, in part because I was needing to purge, and needing the help of water to do so-

We began hiking back-  

Part of the way home, we passed a stream, and decided to follow it to the spring head- I thought about drinking from it before hand, but it was a good thing I didn't because when we did find the head, it was covered in trash.

Which was a bizarre experience- The road the spring was off of was in a remote location, and to get to the spring head required at least 10 minutes of hiking off the beaten path; So, it's not as if it was a convienient location for someone to dump their shit. Broken down plastic jugs, and rusted pieces of who knows what... What could possibly have possessed someone to hike all of that stuff to an inconvenient location just to defile the purity of a spring head?

Best conjecture in the moment was intentional fuckery from dark wizards

Made it back to friends place; beautiful meadow bursting into life from the recent thunderstorm, and after some regrouping, we decided to find the spring on the property.

This required one unsuccessful foray,( in which I got to re-establish a connection with my inner-kid, and really practice my ninja skills dancing through the woods, jumping ontop of logs- truly magical experience. )

And then a follow up, (this time with shoes and more straight line movement)

Finally we stumbled upon it- Only to find 5 or 6 dead mice floating in it. I flung them out, and throat sung at the putridness to help the water clarify itself-

And  then we returned to camp, and got in his rig to drive to an actual maintained spring off the highway.

But What gives? Two poisoned springs in a day. That's some spiritual signage if I've seen any.

• onediadem, Coopdog, riseabovethought and 3 others like this

#2 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 550 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:38 PM

I think I’m going to take some days off work and go in search of some springs up in the Sierras. I think that would be pretty kick ass to do while shroomin.

Sorry that filth and death followed you around on your trip. That shit is always a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

I think I have been drinking giardia most of my life.  I have heard you don't get immune to it, but my initial symptoms (abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and listlessness) from when I started drinking surface water here fifty years ago went away after the first two years, decreasing as time went by.  My neighbors all went to bringing in their water, while I, noticing the one couple here who drank it without any symptoms had come here from Jamaica, so I decided to acclimate if I could.  I have been to our springs that are about a half a mile upstream, so with the wildlife abounding, fecal coliform would be in it too.  I have stuck my face in creeks in the Cascades and High Sierra, right where there were warning signs to not drink that clear cold melt water from the high elevation snows and never had any issue.  Human garbage would create concern for me.

Edited by Alder Logs, 03 June 2020 - 01:13 PM.

• onediadem, Coopdog and Ronald Ray Gun like this

#4 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,905 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:01 PM

Sounds like a metaphor for our current state, but man that is really disturbing to my soul. I would want to know who and how, and would probably set up some game cams or something. Why would anyone do that? Bureau of Land Management? Who would know where those springheads were located? That is indeed not cool. 

• onediadem, Skywatcher, Ronald Ray Gun and 1 other like this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

I am not surprised at all. People are disgusting. Have you seen the beaches condition after they were opened back up on the first day? The first day man. No appreciation whatsoever. I have been reading about numerous companies moving to biodegradable containers soon. Which is good unless they break down toxins that will also poison our waterways.

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:42 PM

My old Wobbly mentor, Will, who, if you asked him his age, would say, "I'm eight years older than the twentieth century," took sick as a kid with nose bleed hemorrhages.   His health was failing at harvest time on his Catholic family's farm in Minnesota, and he was quickly wasting away.   The family had no time for him if he couldn't help with the farm work, but an old Sioux Indian took him in, and after healing him, became his mentor.  Will used to tell me stories of the early labor battles, and many of his adventures when young.   He often quoted that old Indian.  One of the things he would say was, "never live downstream from a white man. 

• onediadem, Coopdog, Moonless and 1 other like this

#7 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2020 - 09:50 PM

My old Wobbly mentor, Will, who, if you asked him his age, would say, "I'm eight years older than the twentieth century," took sick as a kid with nose bleed hemorrhages.   His health was failing at harvest time on his Catholic family's farm in Minnesota, and he was quickly wasting away.   The family had no time for him if he couldn't help with the farm work, but an old Sioux Indian took him in, and after healing him, became his mentor.  Will used to tell me stories of the early labor battles, and many of his adventures when young.   He often quoted that old Indian.  One of the things he would say was, "never live downstream from a white man. 

Wow now that's some truth right there........

But I have attempted to radically increase my water intake too....

Six to eight bottles a day....but it's like drinking beer....once you piss you're screwed...

Safe springs are difficult to find now....it's very sad actually...

A

Edited by Arathu, 03 June 2020 - 09:57 PM.

• Coopdog, Alder Logs and Moonless like this

#8 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:45 AM

Wow now that's some truth right there........

But I have attempted to radically increase my water intake too....

Six to eight bottles a day....but it's like drinking beer....once you piss you're screwed...

Safe springs are difficult to find now....it's very sad actually...

A

Chills reading the "never live downstream from a white man"

As far as the pissing goes-

I've seen in my journey of rehydration that the body is much like dirt/soil- Ever see what happens when you try to water the inside of a greenhouse after it's been dry for quite some time? The water just puddles up on the surface- no absorbtion, and then it runs off runs off runs off- It requires a crazy amount of saturation, consistant, before it starts to sink in-

The body is the same way; the pissing is the run off- eventually, the body reacclimates to being actually hydrated, and the pissing decreases by a ton

Also, R.O. water, removes minerals from it- and water likes to have stuff dissolved in it- to the extent that it will actually pull minerals out of the body if it doesnt already have them in it- Adding a bit of sea salt to it helps majorly with preventing this, as well as helping hydration generally I've found.

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2020 - 08:23 AM

I don't know about the products this company makes but Viktor Shauberger had some very interesting observations on water and energy.......

Like Tesla,  I wish I could spend a day with Viktor and download his perceptions into this most vital of substances.....

https://www.alivewat...tor-schauberger

Take a peek if so inclined...... the book Living Energies by Callum Coats is another interesting read.....IMHO

A

• Severian likes this

#10 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 11:18 AM

I read through a pdf book I got by shauberger a while back- Absolutely fascinating. Research of that kind is what I'd like to be able to focus my energy on eventually-  Might be where I originally got the 'put salt/clay in water' trick from but I don't recall for certain.

Thanks for the Callum Coats recommendations - will definitely check out.

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!