20 replies to this topic

#1 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Ive recieved recognition from my community about fighting the good fight against animal exploitation.
Ive helped people reverse preventable diseases,
and increased the quality of life for others for a paycheck
The main complaint i see from nutritional science students is that they actually have to take a class OUTSIDE of their school to learn about advanced plant based science and its applications.

I TEACH that class.
I have no indoctrinations about animals. I do not see myself as above or different than them, nor do i think that our arbitrary intangible social contracts need to be applied to them, only that we need to police ourelves from needlessly exploiting them for short term and long term gain

AMA!

#2 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:17 PM

This is a personal question... so feel free not to answer it but...

How do you feel about eating meat that has been hunted? What about trading some of that meat for ethically raised meats they can’t hunt themselves? Or just buying meat from a farmer that genuinely cares for the animals and treats them well?

For example:

Someone isn’t ok with the way animals are treated in the big farms so they decide to boycott the “big meat” (lol) industry and harvest meat themselves in an ethical way.

Once a year they take a deer, a wild boar, maybe a few geese or ducks that have lived natural healthy lives and fill their freezer. They catch their own fish and avoid supporting fish farms. They don’t take more than they need and they don’t cause undo suffering to the animals they do take.

When this person wants chicken or pork they trade their hunted meat with (or purchase from) someone who raises freerange animals in a cruelty free and humane way or they raise the animals themselves.

They are not exploiting or abusing any animals IMO... do you disagree?

The reason I went with this question first is because from reading your comments in another thread and the way you worded this one... you seem more interested in shaming people who eat meat rather than having an actual discussion about it. Forgive me if I’m reading into it wrong... that’s just the feeling I get.

I suppose the real question I’m asking is:

Do you think people can eat animals in a way that is ethical and not exploitative? Or do all meat eaters need to be “reformed” and turn to a plant only diet?

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 06 June 2020 - 08:32 PM.

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#3 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:33 PM

This is a personal question... so feel free not to answer it but...

How do you feel about eating meat that has been hunted? What about trading some of that meat for ethically raised meats they can’t hunt themselves? Or just buying meat from a farmer that genuinely cares for the animals and treats them well?

For example:

Someone isn’t ok with the way animals are treated in the big farms so they decide to boycott the “big meat” (lol) industry and harvest meat themselves in an ethical way.

Once a year they take a deer, a wild boar, maybe a few geese or ducks that have lived natural healthy lives and fill their freezer. They catch their own fish and avoid supporting fish farms. When this person wants chicken or pork they trade their hunted meat with (or purchase from) someone who raises freerange animals in a cruelty free and humane way or they raise the animals themselves.

They are not exploiting or abusing any animals IMO... do you disagree?

The reason I went with this question first is because from reading your comments in another thread and the way you worded this one... you seem more interested in shaming people who eat meat rather than having an actual discussion about it. Forgive me if I’m reading into it wrong... that’s just the feeling I get.

I suppose the real question I’m asking is:

Do you think people can eat animals in a way that is ethical and not exploitative? Or do all meat eaters need to be “reformed” and turn to a plant only diet?

You arent reading it wrong... but you are also misrepresenting all these questions

for instance- would you shame someone for raping another person? are you only interested in shaming them?
my door is always open to help people with their cognitive dissoance (alot of people like to speak to me privately because so many other people will judge them if they admit they have reservations about their lifestyle choices)

so asserting that i "only" care about shaming people ignores the fact that we do shame each there for needlessly violating sentient creatures..

isnt it odd that most places have laws about not having sex with animals, but you can kill and eat an animal?

imagine if your sentence read "you only seem interested in shaming people who enslave humans"
its not that enslaving humans WAS ethical, and then suddenly became unethical after it was outlawed

and many people would have phrased the question similarly when abolitionists would speak out against the injustices wrought on our own species.

"Research has shown that only drug addicts face the same degree of stigma – and the least popular vegans of all are those who cite animal cruelty as their reason. Given that most of us would probably like to see less suffering in the world, why is there such resentment towards those who do something about it?"

“So basically we live in an era today, at least in the Western world, where there’s more and more evidence, more and more arguments, and more and more books about how eating meat is bad,” says Rothgerber. “But still, our behaviour hasn't changed significantly.” He points out that 2018 looks set to be – it takes a while for the annual statistics to be released – the year with the highest per capita meat consumption in the history of the United States.

“So what I’m looking at is, how do people rationalise that, and still feel like they’re a good person?” To continue to eat meat, Rothgerber suggests, requires some serious mental gymnastics. Luckily, our brains are extremely good at protecting us from realities we don’t want to face – and there are a number of psychological tricks at our disposal."

i tell the truth,, and the truth is shameful- blaming someone for your insecuries is one of the man biases you have to defeat.

Shaming others is a tried and true way of changing peoples minds, regardless of the majority doesnt agree.

Jonathan Lay, the 1800's vegan abolitionist would go out into the fields wearing only half his clothes, and when people would come ask him if he was alright
he would say "you spread empathy to me, but you have none for the unclad slave workers"

there is also something called the "sleeper effect" where a person picks up a piece of knowledge (the fact that we dont need to eat meat to be healthy, for instance) and that knowledge grows and grows and groows until the person addresses it.

if shaming doesnt work, thats when conflicting ideas meet on the battlefield..

its not so much that im shaming people about it, but that they cant seem to stop themselves from doing it, and that bothers them..
starting to turn in circles here..
so my "interests" in shaming people conflict with the fact that there is no valid justification for needlessly exploiting animals..

its easy for my detractors to say "you arent helping" while they actively ignore that i am helping people
AND fighting people, AND leaving sleeper effect information all over the place...

you dont have to go vegan because of me, because it isnt about me- but trying to blame me for your insecuries is just a bias

there are several of my peers who had disowned me a few years ago who are now back to being my friends after admitting their biases, regardless of weither or not theyve changed...

im not shaming people for something they arent choosing to do
eating animal products is a choice

its not like im trying to shame people for being a certain height, or color, or age,
im telling the truth that no one wants to acknowledge

so people will wrap up their accusations against me in bias, but youll end up coming back to it (if we dont, we wont be able to mitigate climate change)

since you read the other thread, you already saw some of the statics about hunting
about how exploiting animals makes you power mad, and counties with more hunting have higher rates of child molestation
And thats just the tip of the iceburg on hunting and conservation

constantly thinking you are better than other animals conditions your brain, and allows for the apathy need to discriminate against others as well

"We like Andrew Heaton’s take on this research on the Reason.com blog: “Power-induced brain damage raises troubling questions about all those suits and technocrats who slink into Washington. What if you need a fully-functional orbitofrontal lobe to make decisions that affect millions? It certainly sounds like an important brain glob. Maybe the heady tonic of power makes leaders less wary of unforeseen consequences, or overly confident of their capacity to solve everything? The antidote to all this spiraling brain damage might be to put America on a power diet.”

Eating animal products affects your mesolimbic system, the same region of the brain thats affected by hard drugs.
There are people who will read this, understand it, and start to seek ut their own help, and most people dont disagree that a
society is only as good as its diet

Conservation has nothing to do with ecology and everything to do with netting money.
Hunting isnt necessary for survival, and most conservation is involved around clearing out predators for livestock

if people cared about conservation, theyd stop protecting the animals they want to kill and killing the animals that eat them.
hunting is always political
"Most non-hunters do not realize that state wildlife agencies are largely funded by hunter license fees as well as taxes on hunting equipment, rather than general taxpayer support. This creates a direct conflict of interest for state wildlife agencies when it comes to managing for species that eat the animals hunters want to kill. Agency personnel know that the more deer, elk, and other huntable species that exist, the more tags and licenses they can sell. So what bureaucracy is going to voluntarily give up its funding opportunities for “ecological integrity?”"

This is 100% the fault of hunters.
They brought pigs in from south America to hunt, as late as the early 1900's where they escaped the hunting grounds and here we are today.
https://www.marketpl...-well-ever-see/

A good way to think about it is like this-
-The sunk-cost fallacy. We are biased towards staying the course even in the face of negative outcomes. The more we've invested time, energy or resources into that course, the more likely we are to stick with it – even if it no longer seems optimal. This helps explain, for example, our continued reliance on fossil fuels as a primary source of energy in the face of decades of evidence that we both can and should transition to clean energy and a carbon neutral future.

Hunters do not own conservation, and to the contrary they unknowingly created the endangered species act by reckless hunting and poaching.

I own several guns and train in tactical shooting, as well as give lessons on shooting and gun safety. The money I spend on guns and ammo goes directly into the Pittman-Robertson Act, which promotes hunting across the US. The vast majority of gun owners do not hunt, but pay into "conservation" unknowingly because of this act. That needs to change.

The cat is out of the bag and hunters need to stop this false narrative, that they alone "own" conservation. You do not sir!

Extra bias alert
-Hyperbolic discounting. This is our perception that the present is more important than the future. Throughout most of our evolution it was more advantageous to focus on what might kill us or eat us now, not later. This bias now impedes our ability to take action to address more distant-feeling, slower and complex challenges. (like species extinction)

more problems
https://www.smithson...tion-180971437/

So its a dishonest misrepresentation of the argument.

The real argument is "why do some people get to needlessly cause suffering to another animal?"
it assumes that people have the "right" to take another animals like without any justification.
we are a society that is trying to mature
People who needlessly kill animals ignore that, and they have to use special pleading to justify their behaviors
why do they get to regress while everyone unifies to mitigate climate change?

"But today, that symbiosis is off kilter: Americans’ interest in hunting is on the decline, cutting into funding for conservation, which stems largely from hunting licenses, permits and taxes on firearms, bows and other equipment."

This is from an article saying that conservation is being threatened from hunting dying off.
Hunting is an indoctination.. and is politically based.

We grow 80% of our food an feed it to animals, and then talk about people starving or needing help around the world-
it has nothing to do with reality and everything about upholding politics and economy.
Demanding that others in the world shap up to meet an american standard is dangerous- since we have an unsustainable standard.
Id also say its bigoted, like how wealthy people just can fathom paying low wage earners more money.

#4 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Hunting has to be taught/perpetuated.
The story i best like to use to explain this is the story of the chimps
that started hunting local macaques (smaller primates). The chimps got addicted to the
high fat snack that is eating another animal
and it became a group thing, where they taught each other to hunt them down
but eventually they hunted all the macaques to local extinction, so there were no more monkeys to hunt down and kill
so the new apes that were born NEVER LEARNED HOW TO HUNT.
just like discrimination against other people because of their color and sex, killing animals but be taught.
if you need help escaping you indoctrination to hunting, here is an award winning site that has helped people deal with it
i linked a page that shows all the negative hunters comments that were left on one of their youtube pages
https://www.sharkonl...lliterate-words

Edited by Seee, 06 June 2020 - 09:45 PM.

#5 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:44 PM

I certainly agree, after studying neuroscience intensively for the last 4 years or so, that there is no such thing

as free will.   --- Seee

Then why hold it against people for not being vegan and talking down to them?

• Nicked likes this

#6 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

and veganism wouldnt agree with you about things like "backyard eggs". theres no way to domesticate an animal and be vegan.
you are simply exploiting the fact that they cannot resist your ambitions

Edited by Seee, 06 June 2020 - 09:47 PM.

#7 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:49 PM

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to type up such a lengthy reply.

I read every word of it but I must admit I was already out after the second paragraph... if not then, certainly by the end of your post.

So this is me bowing out lol There are so many things I’d like to say but sometimes you just have to politely zip it and say nothing if you have nothing nice to say ;)

Peace.
  • Nicked likes this

#8 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:01 PM

The only way that you could eat an animal and justify it is if it was a survival situation... and not a forced survival situation, or some arbitrarily asserted situation.

Generally this just plays into survival fantasies, a sensatonalized abstraction with no real berring on the fact that we are group animals who live off plants.

I think what you are trying to say is that im not "bending" my values
and that is a misrepresentation, because you wouldnt say the same thing if you replaced hunting an animal with hunting a human..

i dont think youd see anything crazy about NOT hunting a human.. theres no reason for it, unless you are terribly hungry and about to die i suppose..

i dont give room for people to make false accusations.
I cut them off and shut them down, this might keep you entertained, but its very good for people who are actually trying to make the transition, and understand why we do the things we do.

in martial arts, you dont practice the moves that are known not to work.
you dont encourage your students to study them, even if they are really cool moves
if your students started saying "aw come on, those moves are really cool"
would you entertin their wants, even tho it may cause them damage
(something to think about)

I dont open the door to regressive statements...
which is what people ho are tying to quit their addictions need.
you need someone who isnt going to cave in on you and say "okay, lets go eat a burger".

Thats one of the reasons why people stop being vegan- they are constantly listening to other peoples influences
just like drinking or smoking.
and there are pictures of animal products on every ad on every source of media you can find.
Thats one of the reasons why people will flip flop, even after 5 years.. they dont really have the conviction or support
and they are being influenced by others and their environment.

I hope you can understand this... how people can ask questions that deflect and distract from the actual message..

like if i said "smoking cigarettes is bad"
and you said "i dont think they are that bad"- is that the kind of atmosphere youd create in a room full of people who need to quit smoking?
i dont carry on with conversations that simply end.. i call that novelty debating...

thank you for your question!

#9 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:02 PM

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to type up such a lengthy reply.

I read every word of it but I must admit I was already out after the second paragraph... if not then, certainly by the end of your post.

So this is me bowing out lol There are so many things I’d like to say but sometimes you just have to politely zip it and say nothing if you have nothing nice to say ;)

Peace.

you can be rude (just be blunt) if you like.... say want you want..

ill try to show you how the things you say only convolute and distort the conversation

Edited by Seee, 06 June 2020 - 10:02 PM.

#10 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:09 PM

I certainly agree, after studying neuroscience intensively for the last 4 years or so, that there is no such thing

as free will.   --- Seee

The fact that there is no such thing as free will doesnt mean you cant control your actions. thats why the notion of "free will" is so dangerous.

Telling the truth = "talking down to them" is defensive posturing.

if i tell you that "smoking cigarettes inside is dangerous to other people" and you smoke cigarettes inside public places, it would be defensive for you to say "you need to stop talking down to people"

Most people are bothered that they dont have legitimate reasons for eating animals, and pointing that out to them makes them defensive.
But, becoming defensive can lead to change.

Also, im always meeting new people and talking to them about veganism.. not all of them respond the same way, but i have no problem holding my ground against defensive people, and other people see that and take strength in my conviction.

if you feel the need to keep quiet about the injustices we are incurring to animals, you are part of the problem.
If that offends you, blaming me isnt the solution :) going vegan is.

Edited by Seee, 06 June 2020 - 10:17 PM.

#11 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:18 AM

Since hunting was brought up, I'm going to address it specifically. I don't believe you're capable of sticking to a very simple question but I'll try - once - anyway.

Since most wild animals, contrary to what most ignorant urban humans seem to believe, die deaths of starvation or predation, what is your argument against the efficient (when I say that, I mean a relatively quick, shot and kill) killing of wild game? Do you believe they usually die in the comfort of their own home, surrounded by loved ones (I suppose that's one question with an A and B, perhaps).

If you're capable of answering this, I may even have a follow up.

• ethnobotanist420, Juthro and Nicked like this

#12 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:16 AM

Since hunting was brought up, I'm going to address it specifically. I don't believe you're capable of sticking to a very simple question but I'll try - once - anyway.

Since most wild animals, contrary to what most ignorant urban humans seem to believe, die deaths of starvation or predation, what is your argument against the efficient (when I say that, I mean a relatively quick, shot and kill) killing of wild game? Do you believe they usually die in the comfort of their own home, surrounded by loved ones (I suppose that's one question with an A and B, perhaps).

If you're capable of answering this, I may even have a follow up.

"Many animals endure prolonged, painful deaths when they are injured but not killed by hunters. ... Hunting disrupts migration and hibernation patterns and destroys families. For animals such as wolves, who mate for life and live in close-knit family units, hunting can devastate entire communities."

have you seen the pictures of deer with arrows coming out of their bodies as they walk around the woods,
victims to hunter attacks.. i think its something like 20 percent are wounded.
Theres no humane way to needlessly kill an animal, and trying to rationalize it only encourages more bad behavior.

Many people are actually against hunting because its a form of entertainment that is cruel. Hunters have pushed a narrative that they need to hunt, that they are necessary, which isnt true. This also causes bad behavior.

Veganism isnt about the suffering of animals, its not about animal welfare.
its about the abolishment of unnecessary animal slavery and exploitation.

The best things that humans can do for animals is stay away from them, and scare them when they come to close.
The worst thing that can happen to an animal is to get comfortable around humans. Like bears and wild cats, but also all animals.

You dont need to bond with an animal to help rewild it, and it would still be best to give it a good scare of humans, just to be safe.

Your view is one that puts humans at the top in an arbitrary relationship of domination- claiming we can know what is best.

Its not our place to interfere in the great circle of life... *eagle screech*

on the contrary, our interference is what is killing everything

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1520892881340.jpg

Edited by Seee, 07 June 2020 - 02:22 AM.

#13 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:14 AM

as free will.   --- Seee

The fact that there is no such thing as free will doesnt mean you cant control your actions. thats why the notion of "free will" is so dangerous.

Telling the truth = "talking down to them" is defensive posturing.

if i tell you that "smoking cigarettes inside is dangerous to other people" and you smoke cigarettes inside public places, it would be defensive for you to say "you need to stop talking down to people"

Most people are bothered that they dont have legitimate reasons for eating animals, and pointing that out to them makes them defensive.
But, becoming defensive can lead to change.

Also, im always meeting new people and talking to them about veganism.. not all of them respond the same way, but i have no problem holding my ground against defensive people, and other people see that and take strength in my conviction.

if you feel the need to keep quiet about the injustices we are incurring to animals, you are part of the problem.
If that offends you, blaming me isnt the solution :) going vegan is.

Okay. I'll continue to be part of the problem. 

• Seee likes this

#14 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 02:23 AM

Well i think the first step is admitting your willful ignorance... i remember going into grocery stores and making excuses like
"someone else is going to eat it if i dont" or
"theres nothing i can do about it so i might as well"

but it dawned on me that i was addicted and i had to fight through it. That was back in prime "EVERYONE HATES PETA" times too..

i actually almost got caught up in all the anti peta hate campaign stuff... regardless of how you feel about peta- all the stories written about them are falsified..

literally every one..
i dont want to be part of people who spread hate campaigns, its one thing to kinda struggle with the hypocrisy of it all, its another to actively LIE about whats happening to make things worse. that only strengthens and reenforces the bad behavior.

i mean, if you are going to say that "speaking up about veganism is naggy"
surely you can agree that a group of people actively participating in a hate campaign that relies on lies is just as bad... no?

I always see vegans who want to talk trash on peta, but they dont understand that its all just hate campaign stuff...
you dont have to send them your money, but spreading lies is different.

peta does some hypocritical things like using windex tested on animals, mostly
because of clerical stuff (offices, and workers)- which is why its so much easier to do veganism alone, ala Gary Yourofsky style.

Telling the truth is always been both dangerous and profitable.
There are many vegan sycophants out there, willing to bend the rules, but you could say the same for any group of peoples.

Malzoanism is the opposite of veganism, and i for sure am not a willing one.

#15 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 04:37 AM

I think this is about more than climate change and being a vegan. Reading your posts you enjoy lifting yourself while berating others. I see you have awards. I can't imagine you getting those awards with your current attitude though.

Has something happened to you in the recent past? Like head trauma? Have pain anywhere? Any dizziness, lightheadedness, or blurred vision at times? I don't know your age, but do you see a primary care physician? Do you have any weakness on either side of your body? How's your blood pressure? Are your pupils equal, or one dilated? Have you been dealing with high levels of stress? Do you have constant racing thoughts? Or is this just drug related rants? Something is way off. I think you should see your doctor if this isn't chemically related. If it is chemically related you need to do LESS imo. 

Peace

• Nicked likes this

#16 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:17 AM

I think this is about more than climate change and being a vegan. Reading your posts you enjoy lifting yourself while berating others. I see you have awards. I can't imagine you getting those awards with your current attitude though.

Has something happened to you in the recent past? Like head trauma? Have pain anywhere? Any dizziness, lightheadedness, or blurred vision at times? I don't know your age, but do you see a primary care physician? Do you have any weakness on either side of your body? How's your blood pressure? Are your pupils equal, or one dilated? Have you been dealing with high levels of stress? Do you have constant racing thoughts? Or is this just drug related rants? Something is way off. I think you should see your doctor if this isn't chemically related. If it is chemically related you need to do LESS imo. 

Peace

i have alot of people coming up to me and asking me "you always seem happy, how do you do it"

and the answer is hormonal balance.. maintaining a healthy diet is paramount for stress control and neurological regulation
when we eat a diet that is hormonally unbalanced, we invite preventable disease through a variety of avenues.

diets high in polyphenols, beneficial enzymes, microbes and soluable and insoluable fiber, like those found in cultured whole foods plant based diets
can help hosts bypass genetic deviations. so as to say- even if you arent considered what is "normal", eating a plant based diet will help you because of how we have evolved to eat plants, and their reaction to our intelligence immune system, which is directly connect to our brains (through the vagus nerve).
Most people who actually follow a hormonally favorable, nutritious diet consisting of a variety (*30 if possible) cultured whole food plant based
notice a reduction in mental stress
the same way someone who smokes cigarettes feels better after quiting.. both smoking and eating animal products cause disrutions in the bodies microbiomes, with pathologies developing over time..

i stay metabolically favorable because it keeps me very balanced, i dont struggle with anything then, personally.
ive been a skateboarder,bjj, screen printer, and my back is blown out, but im 35.. but thats my ego
ive struggled with acloholism and cigarettes 12 years ago but i beat off my alcohol addiction, and then my cigarette addiction i beat a little later, meat was the hardest thing, because everyone does it, right? its like sugar (that one was really hard too, but we all know that)

Yeah i dont do any drugs for real anymore, i vape small amounts of nicotine (which has known benefits, and very low risks)
the fermented foods i eat provide me with immunologically smart metabolites that talk to my immune system, which also helps my brain stay calm and focused.. but to be fair, ive never been into pills or opiates or any super weird stuff, i of course lived in that lifestyle, those people were the easiest going and funnest to be around, but also the hardest to quit your addictions when you are being influenced by them

life is less about what you "think" it is, and more about what you are putting in your body, and if its sabotaging you or not.

*gathers in the past were estimated to eat some 129 different plants throughout the seasons..  eating 30 different types of plants has shown to have more benefits that eating 20 different types of plants, what happens is that the bacteria are able to spread everywhere all ver the gut and form a mat, just like a mycelium block, which protects it from pathogens
i hypothesis that the 5 fermented staples i eat regularly (fermented fruits, beans, nuts, saurkraut, fermented tomato sauce or soup, and of course fermented porridge)

im very proud of my skills ad advanced nutritional science... its a very gratifying feeling to be able to help the people around you.
you can pretend like im bringing others down while bolstering myself, but the reality is that i just want other people to get on my same level of self esteem

to stop struggling with their addiction to animal products that does affect their lives, even as they tell themselves it doesnt
..but it just feels good to help other people reach their normal self esteem.. like helping a friend quit drinking, or smoking, or hurting themselves...

I have no problem boasting, when i can back it up.
to be really personal with you, since im in my thirties, ive kinda gone through my childhood, i feel obligated to speak up and help others...
ive created an good sized group of kids going vegan, and thats with my personal life being somewhat limited 9both by choice, and by pandemic, and by the fact that my lower back is still healing.. its completely fine right now, it took 2 years to get here, but itll still get a little sore... a little more rehab and she'll be ready to get broken again... *hip toss*

Edited by Seee, 08 June 2020 - 06:54 AM.

#17 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:37 AM

i also look very healthy,
all the ladies at the grocery like me..
but maybe im just cute white boy meat to them

im not self conscious about anything in my life because i took the time to address my insecurites, about how i felt about being tall or short, big or small. i started working on this when i was 14 years old... and it really developed here on mycotopia...
i was actually here a few years even before this account,

i stopped blaming women for not finding me attractive or whatever bullshit problems i would create for myself, relationship problems.. i stopped demanding from the world, ive always been the most accepting person
im friends with everyone and dont discriminate, i focused on taking self responsibility
i was always very passionate about breaking down barriers

i know how and why people do the things they do because ive spend the last 20 years studying it with a perspective that not everyone has (its an epidemic of a lack of self awareness)
its liberating, but ive always considered it more of a balance than "im better than you" kinda thing.

At some point you decide to stand up and fight.. like martin luther king jr did (for sure hed be vegan today, his family is)..
one of the ways i fight is with my boasts (although that feels a bit corny, i wouldnt say it i dont think)
trust me, its not a decision i take lightly, i fully expect a knife in my belly from some southern redneck defending his right to exploit chickens. What you see as boasts, i see as self esteem... being able to say "i dont choose to exploit animals"

Some people envy me, others ostracize me..
im uniquely designed to handle it, as ive been practicing critical thinking for so long
and my ability to help my body handle stress through diet.

might i suggest reading this book- this is the book that started me on my journey when i was 14 and gave me the mental tools to fight off indoctrinations (of which ive shaken many).
ive expanded considerably since then, but its a great primer.. maybe youve heard of it?
"Conversations With God"
i hate to ruin the surprise, but its got a "shyamalan twist: you read the book as if god is talking to you, but 3/4 of the way through the book its revieved- that youve been talking to yourself the whole time!!!! its actually a really great book, with 2 more after it
a good philosophy primer
pdf of it: https://www.law-of-attraction-haven.com/support-files/cwg-1.pdf

Edited by Seee, 08 June 2020 - 06:51 AM.

#18 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:56 AM

something to look at
id ignore the grain one- they are supposed to be fermented, anyways!
and the coffee one only applies if you are dysbiotic, most healthy metabolisms respond well to caffeine, with its mechanistic action of triggering your intestines to pump, spreading beneficial bacteria

Attached Thumbnails

• hormone imbalance.png

Edited by Seee, 08 June 2020 - 06:59 AM.

#19 Seee

Seee

Ghost

• Free Member
  • 565 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:43 AM

"I see a lot of conversation in acne forums about grains and how grains can make the skin a lot worse. It kind of makes a lot of sense to me now. A diet high in unsoaked or unfermentated grains can in fact lead to mineral deficiency and irritable bowel syndrome so it’s no wonder that our skin is better once we stop eating them. And lets be realistic – who here soaks and ferments all their grains? Not me."
I do.

heres the case for grains, even if you have colon cancer
https://www.phlabs.c...lorectal-cancer

Edited by Seee, 08 June 2020 - 08:44 AM.

#20 Wimzers

Wimzers

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

Dude! Thank you. You didn't condemn me that whole time. Wait, I'm gonna read again brb. You didn't. Well done and if you wanna brag about yourself you go right ahead. 

I have a comparison for you that might shed some light on how 'some' might see you when you do condemn others. You heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? Yeah, they stand on the corner with their signs telling people their all going to hell and what bad people they are in general? That, in my opinion, is how you come across sometimes. You can say 'well it's what I believe and you just need to accept the truth', but that is exactly like that Church. I say this to give you an example. Because those posts up above were nice to read. 

edit: I would like them, but I'm out of likes. 

Edited by Wimzers, 08 June 2020 - 08:58 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!