• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 357 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

Begin by tracking down a Raw Milk dairy. The smaller the better. After three years of moving and finding and moving and finding I've come across the one I've been looking for this whole time- 4 (4!) cows; Man you CAN absolutely taste the difference

Goat will work too- but Cow milk is the best- (I feel this personally as to my tastes, but also practically because Cow Milk will separate, allowing cream to be skimmed off and turned into all sorts of awesomeness)

This smoothie is best made between the months of May and June, where the grass is exploding and the cows are the happiest

Second, Find a source of totally free range eggs- The darker the yolk and thicker the shell the better. If you ask the farmer what they feed the chickens and they scoff at you like you're crazy, this is exactly what you want- "Feed them?! Na why in the world would I do that? I let them eat bugs!"

Third, track down an apirary that does raw honey. ( You could do yourself a favor and pick up a 5 gallon bucket).

As to the Bananas and Vanilla and Peanut Butter, well, Move to Mexico.

The aforementioned is all suggestions, but this will take on an entirely new dimension of deliciousness if you track down the best ingredients around.

3/4 pint Raw Milk
1/4 Pint Raw Cream
1 (or 2) Raw Eggs
4-5 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Bannana
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
1/4 tsp ground roasted egg shell (best natural calcium supplement)
1 tsp Maple Syrup (optional)
1.5 tbsp Honey
6-8 ice cubes
1 tbsp powdered lions mane mycelium

1. Assemble all ingredients.
2. throw in blender
3. Blend.
4. Give thanks for farmyard friends
5. Gulp

Edited by Severian, 09 June 2020 - 09:00 PM.

• onediadem and August West like this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,564 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:59 PM

Wait, I missed where you listed how many grams of dried mushrooms go in it...  :cool:

I used to be able to get raw milk from a place I trusted, and it was a whole different ballgame. Never got sick from it like some folks imply is all but inevitable (I'm looking at you, FDA apparatchiks...), but then the farmer I got it from wasn't using 19th Century farming methods so it wasn't like the milk my great-great-grandparents would have had. 

Since I don't have access to it anymore, I don't drink milk anymore.

And even without mushrooms that recipe looks pretty tasty. For weekend and holiday adventures do you think rum or tequila would work better in it? :biggrin:

• onediadem and August West like this

#3 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,873 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:35 PM

I'm pretty sure I read once that the number of deaths from raw milk within the US, is approximately zero. I made a brief attempt to corroborate this but couldn't. However, I did come across this article that, though it's intention, through hand-wringing, is to fear monger and demean the consumption of raw milk, pretty much makes the case for how safe it is.

https://www.sciencea...-umpteenth-time
  • TVCasualty likes this

#4 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:13 AM

What they don;t tell you is there are more deaths  RELATED TO THE PROCESS OF PASTUERIZATION every year

Like, remember the first flouride = less cavities studies?

Where they neglected to mention that the test subjects all had less teeth at the end of the experiment?

#5 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:16 AM

I did come across this article that, though it's intention, through hand-wringing, is to fear monger and demean the consumption of raw milk, pretty much makes the case for how safe it is.

https://www.sciencea...-umpteenth-time

Not just "safe"

but Super Medicine

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!