Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

how much longer you think on these PE TUB!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:15 AM

hey guys got my first tub of PE! dont know when to harvest! are they close!!?!?? spawned tub on the june 3rd and they started to pin and june 17th they started to pin! lmk! they look weird and cool so idk how mature they can get

#2 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:18 AM

hey you go pics help(;

Attached Thumbnails

• 4325F486-3AC3-44DF-B401-EFAC5E7BD0D7.jpeg
  • 43337A39-C424-425B-A368-D8C9463C7F93.jpeg

• fahtster, Arathu, Uncle G and 3 others like this

#3 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:47 AM

The shape of a penis is really starting to come out in those, they didnt even look like pe in a earlier post of yours.

That's a good question stonerkid, when do you harvest pe mushrooms lol never thought about that nor have I grown them to even know.

Just wanted to say again good job on the pe
  • stonnerkidd likes this

#4 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:58 AM

thank you boss man!!! and yesss!!! fr i was wondering when they should start forming the shape and changing.. hahah finally!!!! pay off

#5 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:40 AM

Them things about ready IMO. I'd wait for the opinion of someone with more PE experience but from my understanding that's def ready.
Nice work man that's a good looking envy tub.

Edited by makinbones69, 22 June 2020 - 06:41 AM.

• stonnerkidd likes this

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

You can really pull them whenever you want. If you think they have reached an adequate size, go ahead and yonk em out of there. In theory, pulling them early leaves more nutrients to support future flushes.... I often like to pull any of my mushrooms earlier rather than later... I like when they are closed capped or where the veil has just started to tear...  PE is a little different though. They kinda keep growing beyond what you would expect. Some people will suggest that you not pull them until the cap starts to curl upward. You don't have to worry about spores dropping and making a mess since PE does not drop many spores... If I were you, I would start to harvest the ones that have reached a good size and leave the others to finish up... Quite often, if the big ones are starting to reach maturity, the smaller ones aren't going to get much bigger and you will be pulling them a day or so later, if not that evening.

You can let those go a little longer with no problem. Just pull them when you feel they are ready, there is no right or wrong time to give them the ole yoink if you ask me... PE will often take a little longer to colonize and then also to reach maturity, so keep that in mind...

That is a pretty PE flush... So often, PE will create tons of mutant blobs.... This is partially due to genetics but I have also seen a correlation between moisture content as well as available nutrients and the blobs.

• p2p, ElPirana, makinbones69 and 2 others like this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,047 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

The stems will get all bumpy, they have longer to go.

The main ways to tell with pe is the stems with get all mutant, and the cap outer edge with flaten out and kinda change color
  • Yoyos likes this

#8 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,047 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:00 AM

Not my photo, but an idea of fully matured p.e.Screenshot_20200622-105948_Gallery.jpg
  • Yoyos likes this

#9 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

looks like the bumps you go to see a doctor after a dirty night lmaooo dead *^lol omg hahhaha but forsho!! thank you guys so much super sweet. Fuck yessss i feeel so proud!! hahaah. Thank you guys i will try to contribute soon soon to this website! more people need to know the potential....
  • Boebs, makinbones69 and YoshiTrainer like this

#10 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 07:01 PM

Nice job kidd!

Those look really cool...... Well done....

Enjoy......

A

• Boebs and stonnerkidd like this

#11 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:21 PM

hollly fuckkkkkkkkk ahahhhahahaah. i filled up my little shoe box to dry em!!!! hahahaahah omg so much. kinda scary but dope! Im EFFING STOKED TO SEE these dry. omg. sooo cool so happy to have em in inventory!!!!
  • Boebs and Nicked like this

#12 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,047 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:22 AM

One of the strongest cubes ive tried
I made a half oz into tea and split with 2 friends.
Both of them lost their shit completely..
I loved it up until i became the babysitter

Those things are heavyy hitters
  • DarkPassenger likes this

#13 shabam

shabam

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:34 PM

Those look beautiful. Mine always ended up really big, mine just kind of kept growing and growing. One grew to the full length of the tub I was using lol.

Enjoy, they're definitely one of the best!

#14 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:58 PM

One of the strongest cubes ive tried
I made a half oz into tea and split with 2 friends.
Both of them lost their shit completely..
I loved it up until i became the babysitter

Those things are heavyy hitters

wtf why would you split a half lmaooooooo ahahaha unless you were like tied down or in a open field ahahaha. omg. thats nutz. but must have be speechless to feel and see. lol. i plan on trying 1-2 grams then more with these PE.

Edited by stonnerkidd, 23 June 2020 - 09:59 PM.

#15 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,047 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:50 AM

I loved it lol, it was an amazing experience.
Tho ive wandered the pastures just eatting cubes like candy lmaoo

#16 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,679 posts

Donator

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:43 AM

Looks really good. 

• stonnerkidd likes this

#17 Yoyos

Yoyos

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:11 PM

The stems will get all bumpy, they have longer to go.

The main ways to tell with pe is the stems with get all mutant, and the cap outer edge with flaten out and kinda change color

3rd time trying to post this. Thanks for this info. is super helpful!  I knew PE was different than most strains, but the pic and the description you gave above seems right on, TY!

Question though, I have a monotub of PE that's fruiting rn in 1st flush. A couple of the very first pins are starting to turn blue at the gills but they're in the middle of large clusters of other mushrooms that aren't ready (by this standard) yet. Do I pick 'em all?  Or just try to remove the ones that are ready?

Also, second flush is showing signs of coming through and knotting on top of the casing layer. Should I add more casing? Pick all that are there and leave the new growth to flourish? Dunk before 2nd flush? These PE bastards are so slow, I'm worried there isn't enough nutes left in the hpoo sub since they've been colonizing it for nearly 2 mo's and then another 2 weeks in fruit. Advice please?

#18 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:49 PM

I always wait until the fruits get squishy.. if you squeeze an immature PE fruit, it’s going to be rock hard.. done fruits will allow you to squeeze them and feel spongey. As Hadley been said, you can let them go a long way because they don’t drop spores

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 20 October 2020 - 11:49 PM.

• pastyoureyes, DrepsiLocybe and Yoyos like this

#19 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:02 AM

Also might want to check out this thread where I talk about casing tips for PE (easier than me typing the whole thing again lol) https://mycotopia.ne...w/#entry1450982

That pic is also what they look like right before I harvest

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 21 October 2020 - 12:04 AM.

• stonnerkidd and Yoyos like this

#20 Yoyos

Yoyos

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 09:51 AM

Also might want to check out this thread where I talk about casing tips for PE (easier than me typing the whole thing again lol) https://mycotopia.ne...w/#entry1450982

That pic is also what they look like right before I harvest

Faht

Thank you Faht!  Yes!!! It was your late casing post that I followed to get these tubs to finally fruit! Apologies I didn't give you credit above (couldn't remember what thread I was on last week and had closed the tab). Will revisit to look closely at your pics. This morning, I've noticed several of the older fruits looking blue around the edge of the caps so I pulled them before checking in here. That tip to give 'em a squeeze is great. Mush appreciation!  :cool:

Edit: I might have pulled too soon. The stipes on mine look similar but the caps aren't anywhere near flat and gills are still very pale.  How'd the ones in your pic get so dark?

Edited by Yoyos, 21 October 2020 - 10:02 AM.

• fahtster likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!