• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ovoideocystidiata247

ovoideocystidiata247

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

this is my first post. I'm working with some wild p. Ovoideocystidiata mycelium I pulled off a woodchip pile. I had some fantastic photos but I must have deleted them by accident. I put stem butts and wood chips from the pile on cardboard for a week or two. Then followed waylits tek with a bleach soak of some hickory smoker chips. Layered the carboard and butts in between soaked chips. They have been running for about a month now.

I started seeking some chips with green spots pretty early on, but the tub isn't over run my it. What do you do if you wood chip tub gets green mold? Im assuming trichoderma

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200623_191400.jpg
  • 20200623_191405.jpg
  • 20200623_191408.jpg
  • 20200623_191438.jpg

• Arathu and Boebs like this

#2 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,101 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

If the tub gets too bad with it, move them back outdoors after a good colonization:)

Then youd have your own patch to keep dumping mulch on for a while to come!

Also plenty of further opportunities for experimenting
  • Arathu and ovoideocystidiata247 like this

#3 ovoideocystidiata247

ovoideocystidiata247

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 10:14 PM

That is where they are headed anyway. I'm waiting for some fresh chips to be delivered then soak them, then its going into a pot along with a fern. The rest will go into some guerrilla beds somewhere

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,451 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:11 AM

Yep, generally you can just pick them out and the absolute worst case is go back to the outdoors......I did not have any luck with bleach personally so I like pasteurization of wood chips.......160F to 170F for at least three hours, four is better.

Let them soak overnight to hydrate and then drain for a day (I drip dry in an old pillow case) THEN pasteurize them and again drip dry for a day......I try to germinate anything that already on them and then kill it before feeding to a tub or bed...

Killer name but I'm not typing that out every time I want to talk with you.......hahahahaha OVOID......... :biggrin:

Ovoids are very interesting mushrooms.....IME

Welcome to Mycotopia....a legitimate institution of higher learning.....

A

• Boebs and ovoideocystidiata247 like this

#5 ovoideocystidiata247

ovoideocystidiata247

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

Arathu, that sounds a lot like Tyndallization. I think Tyndallization repeats the process over a three day period. Id need a bigger pot, but i like that idea. Thanks.
  • Arathu likes this

#6 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,113 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:38 PM

Arathu, that sounds a lot like Tyndallization. I think Tyndallization repeats the process over a three day period. Id need a bigger pot, but i like that idea. Thanks.

Just don't take it to boiling like you would with tyndallization, as you are only trying to pasteurise, and you do not want to kill the beneficial bacteria.  Like Arathu said 160 - 170F.

I realize that you probably already understood this, but I thought the it was stated in a way that others who didn't already know might not catch it, so please forgive me for pointing out what might have been a foregone conclusion for you.

Peace, and good grow vibes :)

• ovoideocystidiata247 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!