6 replies to this topic

#1 planetcaravan03

planetcaravan03

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

Ate 2.5 grams last night and barely felt anything  :sad:

This is my first time growing and grew Texas Yellow Caps with PF Tek.  Mistakes were made but for the most part the grow went *ok* for the first flush or so I thought. I did end up getting spores everywhere. I used a cardboard box and fan to do the initial dry for the first 24 hours then moved to a bucket with DampRid for the next 24 hours. Nice and cracker dry. At the end of the day I ended up with 10.5g of dried dudes.

Maybe I waited to long to harvest? I didn't pick any of the fruits before the veil broke as I hoped them to get bigger. They didn't. I got couple that were decent but most were really small. Hopefully the second flush goes better. 

I'm gonna go for 3.5 tonight and see what happens. I hate failure and wasting time so I have some work to do. 

*Edit* Please delete this post. After I posted this I realized this should be in a different section.

Thanks and apologies 

Edited by planetcaravan03, 27 June 2020 - 01:18 PM.

#2 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 407 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

I suggest not eating them tonight. You build a tolerance, so if you want the full effect then you ought to wait at least a week.

There could be a few causes of a weak trip. First, are you taking any meds, specifically SSRIs? They can decrease the effects quite a bit.

Could also be the genetics of the mushrooms. Some people claim that the first flush is weaker than subsequent flushes. There are also claims that the mature fruits that are dropping spores are past their prime (as far as actives) and may be weaker. Some of this is anecdotal, although there may actually be evidence of the last claim, but I don’t have anything to provide for that.
  • Juthro likes this

#3 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,021 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

Well, as I've written here many times before, when I first started eating mushrooms, I took 5g week to week... I lost count. I even combined them with syrian rue. And I even took shots at higher doses than that. But, I wasn't ready for what the mushrooms wanted to show me, so I didn't get much of what I was looking for. So, I still feel that I've never taken a 5g+ dose. Because, years later, when the mushrooms started showing me what they're made of, I was overcome by 1~3g, easy.  

My guess is the mushrooms are probably fine, take it easy, wait a week or two... maybe a month, try again. 

Or you could brew your own ayahuasca and start drinking it daily... I actually had a friend from the monastery who did that! I mentioned that I travelled to Peru to drink Ayahuasca. He got it into his head that he needed to do it too. He brewed it himself... not sure what happened to him after that. He was scared last I saw. He was talking about not being able to walk the shaman's path... he was getting set to ordain and follow a meditative life. I think he spent sometime as a novice and disrobed shortly after. Who knows what he's up to now?

I think I probably saw myself in him, the part of him that acted like he knew what he was talking about, spiritually and philosophically. I tried to point him towards loving-kindness... He had come to think it wasn't necessary. That's probably why he had such a hard time, same with me.

Edited by Guy1298, 27 June 2020 - 09:41 PM.

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,099 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:33 PM

did you have a full stomach when you ate the cubes? sometimes a full gut that is busy digesting stuff you've already eaten gets to the cubes when it gets to them and not all at once which is the ideal.

Edited by pharmer, 27 June 2020 - 09:34 PM.

#5 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,021 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:46 AM

Actually, I recall another thing. I remember taking about 2.5g with a friend. I had taken that same amount before, a week or two before, had an interesting trip... I took it with him. I suppose, my gut was telling me that tripping with this kid was wrong, even if I didn't quite see it then. I remember not tripping at all... 

I've had this happen multiple times. I guess you can be so sensitive to set and setting that you don't trip at all. Just keep it in mind, it's all just my experience. I'm just saying that it's not always so simple.

#6 Alpoehi

Alpoehi

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 368 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:03 AM

Could also be you had so much expectancies towards what would happen that you could not let go of the ego enough for it to happen.

A dose from 3.5 gram cubes upwards helps overcoming that resistance.

(I have that very strongly and I want to share here, not meaning that you have it). 

#7 planetcaravan03

planetcaravan03

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

Well I didn't come back to this forum until this morning. I see the post hadn't been deleted so....I ate around 3.5-4g last night with completely different results. Good times. Didn't see a god or anything but had a blast playing drums and listening to Heilung all night. Pretty wild visuals. I didn't go into this wanting anything other than a good time. I'm not really sure what was going on the night before. I am not on any medications other than a HBP pill and I take a one-a-day and fish oil supplement. I did have food in my stomach as I usually eat before I partake, it helps with the nausea. Guess I just wasn't feeling it   :unsure:

• CrystalShip likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!