Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Alternative DMT containing plants of Intrest ? (Delosperma cooperi) OR ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 851 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:20 PM

ok  i became interested in DMT recently ...i really knew nothing about it ....

Now i have read a few books about it . I decided a fun Thread would be  to make people aware of some of the many  plants that contain fare amounts of DMT  ..like some common grasses and  Bundle Flower  there is work being done with some Acacia were the leaves and stems can be extracted , rather than root bark .For examples ,so if you know of any interesting plants  or your doing some research/ extracting on a DIFFERENT Plant please post the info.please !

plant of interest, one is  the ICE PLANT (Delosperma cooperi) a popular drought tolerant succulent ground cover plant .i did bunch of searches and found only one old  mention on the nexus post  about a guy starting testing extraction... but they never posted back with results. https://www.dmt-nexu...?g=posts&t=7418 its a nice looking plant  for zones 5 to 9 .

https://erowid.org/e...xp.php?ID=86928

From wiki  : (Delosperma cooperi) can be cultivated in a wide range of areas with a Mediterranean climate. Unlike many ice plants, this species is hardy to −20 °F (−29 °C), successfully overwintering at locations such as Denver, Colorado and Chicago, Illinois. The leaves turn red in cold winter temperatures. Due to the low need for maintenance, it is suitable for urban environments and high temperature regions. It can often be found in large, extensive patches. The trailing stems also make it suitable for flowerpots and terraces.

The plant contains the halucinogen chemicals DMT and 5-MeO-DMT, which can be extracted from the leaves. The concentration of these chemicals varies over the year. The content of 5-MeO-DMT rises during the summer and the content of DMT instead rises during the winter.[1] 

https://en.wikipedia...osperma_cooperi

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by bezevo, 27 June 2020 - 07:28 PM.

• PJammer24, Wimzers, Alpoehi and 1 other like this

#2 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 848 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:57 PM

I’ve wondered about that plant, it’ll be interesting to see what you come up with. I imagine extraction from a succulent would be more like a cactus extraction than root bark.
That alk content is interesting - I wonder if it changes due to what it produces or if the plants convert the alks back and forth.
I’ve only worked with desmanthus and phalaris other than the usual suspects.
Desmanthus was a complete bust. I have notes and the other half of the batch I bought around somewhere. Maybe I’ll look around and figure out what I did and try something different. It was an A/B as I recall and a horrible emulsion was involved.
I got a small bead of flowery smelling brownish orange goo from an ounce of dried phalaris that when vaped gave a distinct DMT headspace. I’d gauge it at maybe 20mg, so less than a tenth of a percent yield.
There is also the grammine problem with phalaris. Some say it doesn’t come out in the extraction and some say it’s destroyed by the heat of vaping. I don’t know but I’d avoid it for ayahuasca brews at least.
Cool thread. I’ve often wondered how many plants are out there containing the molecule. I wish I had time to test all of the legume root barks and wetlands grasses.
  • Ronald Ray Gun likes this

#3 tregar

tregar

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 743 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:09 PM

Fascinating! I love ice plant, and even used to grow a bunch of them, my local nursery has lots of them. Thanks bezevo for the info! :biggrin:

#4 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 851 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:13 PM

Thanks NORMAN  AND tregar  let me know if you guys do any work with (Delosperma cooperi)

here is list of plants of interest it lists several ice plants ...much more

https://en.wikipedia...hoactive_plants

and drug gardening on reddit 

https://www.reddit.c.../druggardening/

Edited by bezevo, 27 June 2020 - 07:52 PM.

• Ronald Ray Gun and makinbones69 like this

#5 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:21 PM

I’ve wondered about that plant, it’ll be interesting to see what you come up with. I imagine extraction from a succulent would be more like a cactus extraction than root bark.
That alk content is interesting - I wonder if it changes due to what it produces or if the plants convert the alks back and forth.
I’ve only worked with desmanthus and phalaris other than the usual suspects.
Desmanthus was a complete bust. I have notes and the other half of the batch I bought around somewhere. Maybe I’ll look around and figure out what I did and try something different. It was an A/B as I recall and a horrible emulsion was involved.
I got a small bead of flowery smelling brownish orange goo from an ounce of dried phalaris that when vaped gave a distinct DMT headspace. I’d gauge it at maybe 20mg, so less than a tenth of a percent yield.
There is also the grammine problem with phalaris. Some say it doesn’t come out in the extraction and some say it’s destroyed by the heat of vaping. I don’t know but I’d avoid it for ayahuasca brews at least.
Cool thread. I’ve often wondered how many plants are out there containing the molecule. I wish I had time to test all of the legume root barks and wetlands grasses.

As D-limonene is almost as effective as xylene on extract of cactus, Any thoughts on how effective using d limonene on this ice plant or other succulent,possibly deem containing as opposed to the normal nap/hep nps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • bezevo likes this

#6 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:25 PM

Never having come across the god molecule,I am curious over the effect of spirit and god molecule combined.

What would be the perfect ratio of nn, / and 5meo?

Does anyone have any experience riding both these molecules at once?

#7 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 848 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:20 PM

I’ve never worked with d limonene.

#8 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 851 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:15 PM

Ronald is not 5-MeO-DMT    ...supposed to be way stronger than nn-DMT ?

so dose adjustments might be needed ?

Edited by bezevo, 28 June 2020 - 08:14 PM.

#9 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:10 PM

Ronald is not 5-MeO-DMT ...supposed to be way stronger than nn-DMT ?
so dose adjustments might be needed ?

Certainly. Typical breakthrough dose for nn dmt is 40-60mg.

5-Meo dosage is around 5-10mg.

Very different experiences from what I understand.

If one was to extract this ice plant,is there a testing facility in the states such as the one they have in Sweden that will test the composition of the resulting extract?

Lastly, is there anyone who happens to have the ice plant material so one may perform the work on it?

It’s comforting to know that if the bark gets banned,there seems to be plants pretty much all over the world to use as a substitute. Although needing more material and solvents to extract, the option will still be there.

#10 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:24 PM

I'm glad to see this thread started. I have tons of ice plant around me (and I mean that literally!) and had every intention of harvesting some this past winter. I prefer to stick with the somewhat more known quantity of DMT over the more obscure 5-MeO DMT.

On another note, acacia confusa seems to be gaining in popularity over mimosa hostilis, and apparently has a greater concentration in both the root bark and the stem bark than MHRB has.

Strictly by coincidence, I just ordered some MH seeds, I thought it might be interesting to start them in the late summer and grow them out through the winter to see what I might get next summer.

#11 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 848 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:50 PM

Okay buddy you’re up.
Get extracting!
  • joeya likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!