#1 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,218 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:55 PM

Just harvested a crop of GT's.

Ate a couple of fruits and MAN they taste good!

Not the buzz, but the taste!

I have eaten many a fresh cube before, but I have never enjoyed them as much as now.

I have been cooking wild reishi and maybe that is why they taste as good as they do.

MMMMMMMMM........

• makinbones69 and ItBeBasidia like this

#2 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 206 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

I like to make me omelettes with freshies

#3 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,218 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:14 PM

MMmmm/

That sounds good as well.

I have put them in mushroom soup.

Ya don't even notice them.  A bit later you realize what you have done!  :rolleyes:

• ItBeBasidia and flashingrooster like this

#4 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:03 PM

MMmmm/
That sounds good as well.
I have put them in mushroom soup.
Ya don't even notice them. A bit later you realize what you have done! :rolleyes:

Soup sounds like a great idea! I’m gonna try that very soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 7,061 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:51 PM

"It's an acquired taste"!

• mushit likes this

#6 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:46 AM

Just harvested a crop of GT's.
Ate a couple of fruits and MAN they taste good!
Not the buzz, but the taste!
I have eaten many a fresh cube before, but I have never enjoyed them as much as now.
I have been cooking wild reishi and maybe that is why they taste as good as they do.
MMMMMMMMM........

Ewwww nasty
Now, don't get me wrong, I love me some deep fried culinary mushrooms with some ranch, or sauteed mushrooms, and hell, i don't even really mind eating dry cubensis, i don't necessarily enjoy it either though. Thats crazy you guys enjoy eating cubex... They make me gag every time. You're probably one of those dudes who says they love the taste of fresh truffles... Which smells and tastes like decaying ass. I don't know how people enjoy eating this stuff. I mean, ima eat it, but ima get that shit down as fast as possible so i don't torture my tongue xD
You guys are some mind over matter mofos lol

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
  • mushit and Ronald Ray Gun like this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:01 AM

Which smells and tastes like decaying ass.

I worry at just how someone might know this.

• mushit, Ronald Ray Gun, flashingrooster and 1 other like this

#8 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:03 PM

I wonder what effect the substrate has on taste if any?

As a guy who like's to fry up portabello's, when I substituted cubes I thought they were surprisingly edible. Perhaps the bar was quite low when compared to mashing down dried ones. As well anything fried in garlic and butter is a notch up for this guy

Not as good as the baby bell's but at least I could enjoy the taste that way

• mushit and ChocolateStarfish like this

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,218 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:22 PM

Hahahaha.  Ya, I know it is not for everyone.  Not everyone likes plain old mushrooms either.

Not everyone has tasted decaying ass either.  LOL  Don't think I will be trying that one Alder.

Rooster, I think the substrate may have an influence.  The rice cake shrooms I ate fresh had a definite bite to them.  This last time was vermicompost and coir.

They had a milder flavor to them.

Mmmmm.  Wormshit!  Aaagggghhhh     :drool:

• Ronald Ray Gun and flashingrooster like this

#10 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

well, now you know what decaying ass smells AND tastes like, just like fresh truffles. Lol I guess a more accurate description would be that they taste and smell like decay.

See, whenever I saw people talking about how good truffles were, I was like "Oh damn, I would like to try these good tasting psychedelics" and I was all excited to try them.....

i nearly puked after putting a hand full of truffles in my mouth. I powered through about 45 fresh grams (about 4 or 5 handfuls) and had an amazing trip with no body noise at all, which was a nice change because, at the time, I had only done cubensis. It was a pleasant experience, just eating them wasn't. I began my trip with my head in a toilet trying my best not to vomit... so that was new.

I also hear people say that fresh pan cyans taste good compared to cubensis, and honestly i think they are just as bad, if not worse. They have an extra gnarliness about them that i cant quite explain, almost like if someone mixed mint and worms together. If you eat them one by one you don't really taste it, but if you try to chew 2 grams of copelandia in one mouthful (newbs don't try this at home, SERIOUSLY START WITH 1 GRAM) you will know what I mean.

At this point in my life, I have given up on finding the mystical culinary psilocybin mushroom.. I am pretty sure all psilocybin producing mushrooms produce psilocybin and psilocin so animals don't eat them.. I think It is safe to assume they have decided tasting like ass is also a good defense mechanism... So Im going to assume that all psychedelic mushrooms taste nasty so I am not disappointed by their nasty flavors again. Lol. Its weird how some people like the taste of these... I guess its the same way some people like Key Lime Pie and I hate it. 

Edited by ChocolateStarfish, 01 July 2020 - 10:38 AM.

• mushit likes this

#11 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:40 AM

Actually, when I think about it, not all cubensis strains have tasted the same. I found Ecuadorians to be almost not gross when eaten fresh... As compared to Penis Envy Uncut, which are almost unbearable to chew up fresh IME. Hmm may just be a mind thing, I'm not sure. Anyone else notice a taste difference in cubensis strains?

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 14,984 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

While there is no accounting for taste, and I have heard that some folks will eat ass (though I haven't tasted it for myself), I'm not sure I could trust the judgment of someone who would hate key lime pie.

• ChocolateStarfish likes this

#13 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,843 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

Slightly off topic, but look up Truff Hot sauce. There is Black truffle infused, white truffle infused, and then there is the extra hot kind. I bought the black truffle infused and it was so damn good! I ended up buying the white as well. These are not cheap, but the best flavored hot sauce I have ever seen. So if Truffles taste like ass, then I might just like it! 

Back to topic, I much prefer freshies to dried. I can barely get the dried ones down without gagging, but I dip the fresh ones in a bit of Ranch Dressing and they go down fine!

• mushit, flashingrooster and ChocolateStarfish like this

#14 ChocolateStarfish

ChocolateStarfish

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

bluhh

Slightly off topic, but look up Truff Hot sauce. There is Black truffle infused, white truffle infused, and then there is the extra hot kind. I bought the black truffle infused and it was so damn good! I ended up buying the white as well. These are not cheap, but the best flavored hot sauce I have ever seen. So if Truffles taste like ass, then I might just like it! 

Back to topic, I much prefer freshies to dried. I can barely get the dried ones down without gagging, but I dip the fresh ones in a bit of Ranch Dressing and they go down fine!

I will have to look into that, as I really want to try actual culinary truffles. I guess I should have said sclerotia, as they are not 'true truffles' from what I have read.

And hey, if the mood is right, and lighting are just right, it is okay to go ass to mouth, much to the dismay of some Clerks.

And I am the exact opposite, I can put my dose in a bag, and crumble them up really good into a powder, and down it with soda so i don't even really taste it... I guess it is really a texture thing when it comes to fresh cubensis, as they don't really taste THAT bad, in fact they taste similar to culinary mushroom, just with a slightly sulfuric/urea like taste to them.. Probably because of what they are grown from lol. I'm sure it actually depends on the freshness of the manure you use, and the type, and what flush you are on. I read an paper about how in the first flush of pan cyans, typically they have a high percentage of urea, due to it being present in the substrate. However, in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th flush, the amounts of urea lowered significantly with each flush.. Sooo, maybe that plays a part?? Idk just a thought

#15 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:02 AM

I think any dried mushroom is going to amplify the flavour?  My guess is due to ninety percent or so water content of a mushroom. When dried it is  similar to reducing a sauce down to concentrate flavour. So the fresh mushroom taste is literally watered down.

Half cocked guess anyhow

• mushit likes this

#16 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,218 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

I hear ya, Rooster.

I find the dried have a much more concentrated flavor than freshies.

I like them both.  I usually consume 3g dry as a standard dose for many nice smiles. :biggrin: :biggrin:

And I just eat them straight up.

I have tried many of the concoctions that have been used to dose, but I just love the taste of shrooms a la mode. :wub:

Fresh or dry. :smile:

Edited by mushit, 04 July 2020 - 04:55 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!