17 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

I almost didn't post this because I don't want to jinx things but my mind is so thoroughly blown that I would really like to get some second opinions.... Things have been going REALLY well for me lately to the point that when I was on the phone with Pokes last night, aka The Pokey Monster, I asked her if I was alive or if I had died and have been going about my business in heaven and hadn't realized it... Things have been that good....

So... to the point... I am not a religious man but I am certainly spiritual... 

In the midst of everything seemingly falling into place.... My buddy Ian pointed out that I have a PERFECT Jesus fish carved into my driveway in PERFECT symmetry with the stone walk from my asphalt driveway to the front door.... It just showed up there! My driveway is 200+ yards long, I sit WAY back from the road, I am in my own little world up here, no one comes up here other than family and none of them scoured my asphalt driveway with this Jesus fish.

Until Ian pointed out that it is a Jesus fish that is placed in a spot that is unlikely random, I thought it had been where a lawn mower had scraped the driveway prior to turning back into the grass... I also thought that someone may have started the weed wacker right there and that the spinning cord had scoured the drive... There was one day when I had a landscaping company up here to mow while my mower was in the shop...

So what do you guys think?? Random, perfect, precisely positioned Jesus fish is scoured into my driveway... It is possible, though hard to fathom, that the grass guy put it there intentionally. If it was the grass guy, he some how managed to scour the asphalt PERFECTLY...

With how perfect things have been lately, this has blown my mind... I don't know what to think... Ian thinks it is a blessing... I've been viewing it as an indication that we need to keep doing what we have been doing! During this same period, really cool friends who I hadn't been talking to as much as I should, have been hitting me up out of the blue and it seems like we have been inadvertently motivating our talented friends to use their talents and create new things... We are building a wood shop, etc... We are also setting up a little jewelry casting studio... It flashes me back to the Renaissance which happened in the midst of a plague pandemic in Florence... 

I'm not trying to say that I am a kin to Lorenzo De Medici or even Cosimo for that matter but there are some intriguing parrallels between the way they cultivated artists and the creativity that has been happening at my placec...

IDK, it super weird, random perfect Jesus fish... I am going to continue doing what I am doing... I am happier than ever before in my life and my friends are living to their fullest with me at the center cheering them on!! 

I may have been blessed!

What do you guys think?

• onediadem, Juthro and Wimzers like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:49 PM

Enjoy it fully while it's there. 

• PJammer24 and Wimzers like this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

you need us to tell you what to think???????

• PJammer24 and Wimzers like this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:42 PM

Pharmer!! My mind blown!! I'm just trying to understand something that is beyond me and I know of nowhere better to go for things of that nature than mycotopia... Where do you go when you would like to understand something that is beyond your capacity for understanding?

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:43 PM

you need us to tell you what to think???????

Well, you could start by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal savior. 

• PJammer24 likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

Give this a minute (from Paul Hedderman of Zen BitchSlap): 

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 July 2020 - 02:00 PM.

• PJammer24 likes this

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

My intent was not to have this spiral into a religious debate... I personally think that there is more than we are able to comprehend in this reality, that there is a higher power or a source, and that it is beyond my ability to understand... at present... I view religion as a social, man made concept.... These different religions are just different ways of reverence for something more dynamic, complicated, nuanced, and intricate than our feeble minds can grasp.... Different groups showing reverence to the same original source or higher power....

I haven't yet been able to reconcile worship of multiple deities with how i view  modern day monotheism but I'm working on it.

i don't subscribe to any one school of thought...They are probably all on the right track or at least partially on the right track... All I know for sure, is that that I am a small piece in a very large puzzle, cog in a wheel, etc... There is something beyond this/me and all of this originated from somewhere/thing...

Whether it's a blessing or a random occurrence of nature, I think the jesus fish scoured into my asphalt is a good thing!! I am either doing something right or a power out there is rooting for me to get er done!!

• Alder Logs likes this

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

I try to keep it light without resorting to the use of emojis.   :-)

• PJammer24 likes this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:05 PM

...I think the jesus fish scoured into my asphalt is a good thing!!

I came home one day about forty years ago to find someone had scoured a large pentagram into my driveway, right outside of my cabin's front door.  As far as I know, and I did worry a little about it, nothing I know came of it. 

• PJammer24 likes this

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:47 PM

That's the thing Alder, I don't think anyone did this intentionally.... I think it just showed up here as a natural function of our reality... I think the forces involved with inscribing this image are on a plain (plane?) of existence separated from our own..

I kinda think it is a message from the source, from the divine, opposed to something a christian scribed while mowing my grass!

edit: I am halfway through the youtube video suggested.... i can easily connect his perspective to my life...

Thx you!!

Edited by PJammer24, 01 July 2020 - 02:48 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#11 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:08 PM

Maybe if you wait long enough your fish will continue to evolve, and grow some feet :)

il_570xN.1218518041_7ujm.jpg

• PJammer24 likes this

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,918 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:16 PM

Hey PJ,

How you feel about this is of course, best determined by yourself. It really is of no consequence what I, or anyone else thinks. You are always the most qualified to determine how you feel and what you want to do.

I receive " sign" of all manner, all the time. I actually look for it. My personal way of "interpreting" or understanding it is pretty much to just accept and trust what my intuitive senses feel.

If things are going very well for you, just accept that and be grateful. Keep doing what's working. Pay it forward when the opportunity is there.

It's my opinion that we do not need to dissect and fully understand signs. It's not always possible or needed. I experience these occurrences on a much more primal level, which is more on an emotional level than cognitive.

If this gives you a positive feeling, it is OK to just say thank you and not worry too much about how it got there...............

• onediadem, pharmer, PJammer24 and 3 others like this

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:00 PM

You can try Occam's Razor for this.

Simply stated, and worth researching for complete understanding, Occam's Razor says - Barring opposite information the simplest explanation for unknown phenomena is the likeliest explanation.

So, with the razor in hand, we're confronted with this question. Did a supernatural being decide to communicate with your driveway, or did some well meaning person you're unaware of give you a fish artwork?????

Edited by pharmer, 01 July 2020 - 04:01 PM.

• PJammer24 likes this

#14 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

This was just one of those simple twists of fate that I am not able to wrap my mind around... It is unusual, unexplained, and appreciated....

#15 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

Pharmer...

supernatural being?? I see it as the source is all, the divine is all, God is all... That potency flows through everything around us... I don't see it as a "being" but rather as the source/nature/god/everything putting it there... Akin to the sacred geometry that surrounds us, the forces of everything consciously placed it there???

idk,,.

I've probably lost my marbles... I did, however, give myself a minute to come back to this reality to make sure I wasn't making something out of nothing... Even while well grounded, this is extraordinary to me... too perfect and too perfectly placed... 

I'm a loon!!

#16 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:14 PM

IDK, it super weird, random perfect Jesus fish... I am going to continue doing what I am doing... I am happier than ever before in my life and my friends are living to their fullest with me at the center cheering them on!! 

I may have been blessed!

What do you guys think?

Well there you go. Good things are happening for you, you're surrounded by like minded souls, and a lot of people are coming and going. You have most definitely been blessed. If nothing else - with a winning attitude - not an easy one to have these days.

I think a detective would suggest that one of your friends is trying to give you a message.

Kudos on the studio. I've daydreamed doing the same someday.

FWIW your outlook on the single life giving entity is the same as mine. Clearly something is powering the universe and that thing gives life. My own personal opinion is that the creator doesn't give a flying fig what we do with the life sustaining stuff this world has to offer. AND we're much to stupid a race to presume to know the creators' motivations, let alone spend every sunday telling each other exactly what the creator intended and meant to say - you know, in the coded and very interpretable texts.

But, you didn't want to turn this into a religious debate :)

Edited by pharmer, 01 July 2020 - 04:19 PM.

• coorsmikey and PJammer24 like this

#17 Ronald Ray Gun

Ronald Ray Gun

Woodchip fever

• Black VIP
  • 556 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:15 PM

My vote is that it was the landscaper. Probably has a lot of practice doing it and I can imagine one using say a weed whacker with stiff shoulders and straight back would be able to replicate many perfect Jesus fishes after doing so many.

That being said I feel the suspected persons reason for putting it there was to bring love and positive energy around you and yours. And it appears to have worked.

We sometimes forget the power of sending good vibes to others. And we have here some anecdotal proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • coorsmikey, PJammer24 and Skywatcher like this

#18 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,598 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

Well, its a good thing detectives aren't typical of the Mycotopia member pool!

There have not been a ton of people up here... The only person who may have intentionally put it there is the grass guy that came when my mower was in the shop... I just think that more often than not, landscaping crews aren't carving Jesus fish into asphalt.... 

I'm sticking with the universe properly aligned itself to make the weed eater or the mower make this perfect fish to bless my endeavors!!

Rennaisance Revival!! Here we come!! PJ De Medici!!

Ive decided that jesus knew he was doing good things and was proud of it, the Medici heads of fam knew they were doing good things and were proud of it... Humility is fickle... I struggle to walk the line of being proud of doing good while not being cocky about it....

• Skywatcher, Juthro and wharfrat like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!