Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What is the average yield per half-pint BRF jar?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ShankMan

ShankMan

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:32 PM

I currently have 10 half-pint BRF Jars that are mostly colonized, I think they'll be ready to fruit in about a week or two.

For the sake of storage, around how big a harvest should I expect per flush, jar, and in total?

#2 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

Anywhere from 7-14g for the first flush and a little less on the 2nd and 3rd.

It's hard to say with multispore

#3 ShankMan

ShankMan

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:39 AM

Would that be dry?

#4 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 866 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:50 AM

Yes

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 877 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:52 AM

Depends on the type and conditions you have them fruit in.
I've pulled 7g dry off one cake..

Then again I have only had 2g dry off a different type

#6 ShankMan

ShankMan

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

I guess it is hard to tell with multispore, knowing a range will help immensely though so thanks guys!

• PJammer24 and Boebs like this

#7 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:47 PM

Heya all...Can someone explain what is meant by ‘multispore?’

Does it mean inoculating cakes instead of a monotub?

Any help is appreciated.
And why would this matter with regard to yield?

Thanx much
Peace
P~
  • Boebs likes this

#8 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 877 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:21 PM

Multispore, a syringe full of multiple spores.

Rather than using agar to isolate particular traits, or clones.

#9 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 877 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:26 PM

When you clone a big cluster, it is going to pass these traits on of healthy growing/ able to fruit.
Some spores just do not produce large mushrooms or any at all.

If you have the equipment,(strong microscope) and a steady hand, you can germinat limited amounts of spores on agar and then test there fruit ability.

Some people just drop a small amount out of a syringe or swab onto a agar plate and take strong looking growth to transfer to another plate.

Takes time and patience, and you never know what your going to end up with until you fruit.

#10 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:36 AM

Thanx Boebs...If I had a mentor, as I did with my Cannabis project, I’d get into agar, monotub growing and, what I call, the *advanced steps. But for now I’m using pre bought brf-type jars With *multispore syringes* I’m enjoying nearly a 100% success rate eliminating as many *variables as I could. But my flushes are good...I’d just need 15 more jars for it to be ‘bountiful’

Thanx much for your reply.
I literally began all my projects in early March in order to have fruits for my Late April birthday....and after not having any for some 25 years, it was worth the wait..

Peace all
P~

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,235 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:54 AM

This is a really hard question to answer... There are so many factors at play from genetics, temperature, stability of the conditions within your fruiting chamber... There are non-fruiting genetics and there are super prolific genetics... You could end up with nothing or you could end up with over a quarter...

That being said, I think that having expectations of around 7-10 grams is reasonable and if you get more, you can celebrate!

#12 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

A Related Question or three, to “What is the *average yield from a cake” ...A Hypothetical...But if I don’t ask, I won’t know.

*Im trying to determine if using more spores will yield more-or larger-fruits. I have only completed one *project so far & can’t tell.
So;
IF I Use 2cc’ of spores to inoculate a 1/2 pint brf type jar, instead of 1cc of spores-per jar, *Will my flushes be larger?
And if I use 3cc’s per 1/2 pint jar, will this increase the size of the fruits-or allow for more flushes? Or is that “bad”?

*Can One put ‘too much’ spore solution? If so, what happens, and How much would be *too much*?

...or does it not matter-regarding the yields- using the 1/2 pint jars? (My) logic dictates there *is a correlation.

Considering the knowledge that exists here, I felt comfortable asking.

Thanx.
Peace all...Be well.
P~

#13 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,235 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

A Related Question or three, to “What is the *average yield from a cake” ...A Hypothetical...But if I don’t ask, I won’t know.

*Im trying to determine if using more spores will yield more-or larger-fruits. I have only completed one *project so far & can’t tell.
So;
IF I Use 2cc’ of spores to inoculate a 1/2 pint brf type jar, instead of 1cc of spores-per jar, *Will my flushes be larger?
And if I use 3cc’s per 1/2 pint jar, will this increase the size of the fruits-or allow for more flushes? Or is that “bad”?

*Can One put ‘too much’ spore solution? If so, what happens, and How much would be *too much*?

...or does it not matter-regarding the yields- using the 1/2 pint jars? (My) logic dictates there *is a correlation.

Considering the knowledge that exists here, I felt comfortable asking.

Thanx.
Peace all...Be well.
P~

The answer to all of your questions is... "it depends"...

You will not see a benefit from using huge amounts of spore solution... If I were you, I would stick to 2-3cc for spawn jars.... I don't do PF but if I did, I would use less than 2cc per hole...

• Paradoc likes this

#14 Paradoc

Paradoc

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:10 AM

Thanx much PJammer. I didn’t think it, or anything, was etched in stone.
Peace
  • PJammer24 likes this

#15 ilikethings

ilikethings

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:27 AM

I'd plan conservatively at 5-7g dried per cake to take into account a 10-20% failure rate, i.e. 10 cakes colonize but you may find that only 8-9 actually fruit.

#16 2Ape2

2Ape2

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:54 AM

I just finished first flush of 5 pint jars, GT MSS. Final wet harvest was just over 208 g. Second pin-set is looking strong so far.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!