#321 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2021 - 02:33 PM

I'm curious what y'all think of this fascinating design:

post-102948-0-38097500-1628450272.jpg

It's probably not actually being 3-D printed (yet), but it's an indication of the kinds of things we'll probably see be developed with that technology. It's been on the market for a few years (I only found out about it recently) and retails for around $600. Caliber is .380, single shot (one from each barrel) striker-fire design so it's hammerless, which is good since a hammer on a cell phone would be a tell that it might not be a cell phone.

It's also an example of what I mean when I argue that technology is making things like gun laws moot. At some point people will be selling thumb drives with the required specs for a printer rather than actual weapons, which means gun smuggling and illegal sales will eventually take place digitally over the internet.

Next time you see someone holding up their "phone" apparently recording something look close to make sure it actually has a screen. Next up will be a revolver that looks like a water bottle, I bet.

Attached Thumbnails

• LookWhatIPrinted.jpg

• Myc likes this

#322 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,660 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 August 2021 - 04:22 PM

Well this is nuts (it's a Meal Team Six training video, I guess; be sure to watch to the end for an amazing example of how not to do it): https://twitter.com/...420336906104836

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!