Neighbor was very eager to watch the reloading station in action - and he was not disappointed.
While demonstrating the tool there were some minor errors which occurred. Occasionally, the primer feed mechanism would fail to serve a primer. Also, a random bullet here and there would fall over from the rotation of the station. Friend said he was having problems in both areas and they were the major cause of frustration with this tool. I was able to demonstrate that the issues were solved by means of minor adjustment.
The primer problem was a simple adjustment to the primer slide - the mechanism wasn't "throwing" far enough to grab a fresh primer from the stack.
The bullet problem was solved with an extra 1/4-turn advancement of the case flaring die.
I was able to load 50 rounds with Unique powder at 4.4 grains.
I've now switched powder and plan to load 50 rounds with SR 4756 powder at 5.0 grains.
After that I'll load another 50 rounds with 2400 powder at 9.5 grains.
What I've done is to examine the loading data for each powder type in relation to the chosen bullet. There is a low limit and a high limit. For simplicity, I've started by shooting for "middle of the road". That way I know that any minor variations in powder charge will not result in an over or under charged case. The powder measure for this tool is very accurate and usually dumps exact amounts with the occasional over or under (but only by a tenth of a grain either way). I feel like I'm in safe territory for learning.
As a final measure - I've been checking all of the case lengths with a digital caliper and everything is measuring to spec. Secondly, I've weighed the finished rounds with a digital scale to make sure that they're all uniform.
We'll be ready to hit the firing range for testing very soon. Neighbor was really stoked (and I think a little embarrassed) at how accurate this tool can be and how easily adjusted. We didn't need a hammer for any part of the process......;)